Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS has the most advanced flight model?

1 minute ago, GoranM said:

What do the inflammatory things Austin has posted have to do with "MSFS has the best flight model"????

Because the email is directly claiming Asobo have plagiarized Austin’s flight model, and this thread is about Asobo’s flight model.

I really don’t see what’s confused you so much.

• Like 5

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Here's what's confusing me.  I've asked you, 3 times, to stop quoting me and stop tagging me.  And you simply can't stop, which I'm interpreting as stalking behaviour.  No one has accused anyone of anything.  An email was sent and reposted, with the concluding response being "Sigh".  People have asked me, countless times, if my TBM is the one in MSFS.  It got to the point where I was getting annoyed at the question.  

Austin never accused anyone.  I never accused anyone.  No one accused anyone.  The seed of suspicion is there.  And until someone can prove it, Asobo have nothing to worry about.

For the 4th time, stop quoting me and stop tagging me.  Would you like it in Japanese?

@GoranM, I can empathize  with you for asking a user or users on this forum to stop tagging you, if tagging you is something that is highly distracting for you, but to ask people to stop quoting a post, that you have made on this public forum site, doesnt make any logical sense.

Anything that we post here in public, should be and is fair game to be quoted, at the very least, elsewhere on this forum site.
If you wrote something that you didnt want quoted by anyone else, then perhaps it shouldnt have been written in public in the first place.

If you write something on this forums, you should be able to justify your reasons for making those comments, instead of trying to shut down someone quoting your text in a reply. A forum is, in its very nature, a place where we can read and respond/converse with others about their ideas.

Can we all please get back to a civil discussion about the merits of each sim's flight model - I have learned so much from 'some' replies in this discussion, compared with other comments that just seem to be posted to trash or spite a mew product and/or its users.

Edited by c912039
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, c912039 said:

Can we all please get back to a civil discussion about the merits of each sim's flight model - I have learned so much from 'some' replies in this discussion, compared with other comments that just seem to be posted to trash or spite a mew product and/or its users.

For the most part, this thread has actually been quite civil and informative.  I learned a lot too.  I hope we can keep up the productivity and information sharing in this thread, which was the original intended goal of this thread.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 hours ago, GoranM said:

Didn't I already ask you to quit tagging me and quoting me?  You're entering creepy behaviour now.  I've asked you once in the X-Plane forums.  Now I'm asking you again.  Stop tagging me and stop quoting me!  Is that nice enough for you?

Stop quoting me???  That's pretty funny.   Are you a politician?

• Like 6

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've always maintained, that as long as the flight model is 'plausible' for the aircraft type you are flying, then that is a great result on a PC based sim.   The mathematics behind the flight model at some point becomes purely theoretical.  There are many variables that translate to the way an aircraft flies in the sim, not least of which include (1) competency in setting your sim up properly -  and probably most important of all (2) high quality hardware controllers.    You can use flight models developed by NASA all you like, but they will all count for naught if these two criteria are not met.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Stop quoting me???  That's pretty funny.   Are you a politician?

No. 

Edited by GoranM

There's always some kind of drama in the flight sim community 🤦🏿‍♂️ 

JR1vj9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

22 minutes ago, GoranM said:

No. 

"If I came across as accusatory, it was not my intention, and I apologise for any misunderstanding.  I'm always careful about painting someone in a bad light, regardless how I feel about them or vice versa, and I never directly accused them.  My belief, which is never 100% until all the facts are presented, is simply that.  My belief.  But I remember many conversations in the past that went something like, "Why did they choose a TBM for a default aircraft?" and "Why are they using BET now?  Why not stick to lookup tables?  Why reinvent the wheel?"

Anyway, back on topic."

Dude are you for real? I saw your accusations about your plane being plagiarized because Asobo used the tbm as a default plane 🤦🏿‍♂️, are you really for real? 

Why use bet and not lookup tables? Really? Why use a car when we can just continue using a horse and buggy? Are you for real? This is one of the dummest comment I've seen on this forum. You seem full of yourself, like you're so good that programmers working for a billion dollar company would steal your work 😒

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, ErichB said:

and probably most important of all (2) high quality hardware controllers.   

I fully agree. I see people complaining of aircraft behaviours I do not see myself or barely and I am pretty sure that their controllers are part of the equation. 

That is pretty obvious when people can't take off or land a powerful prop aircraft without being all over the place and ground loop. And I wonder whether that does not also explain the brutal shift to the side that some users are complaining of at landing.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I fully agree. I see people complaining of aircraft behaviours I do not see myself or barely and I am pretty sure that their controllers are part of the equation. 

That is pretty obvious when people can't take off or land a powerful prop aircraft without being all over the place and ground loop. And I wonder whether that does not also explain the brutal shift to the side that some users are complaining of at landing.

If at all possible,  folks should get themselves hall sensor based controllers and not the cheap potentiometer garbage turned out by alot of companies.  It costs more, but you should consider your controller as a long term investment in your simming.

Edited by ErichB

4 minutes ago, ErichB said:

If at all possible,  folks should get themselves hall sensor based controllers and not the cheap potentiometer garbage turned out by alot of companies.  It costs more, but you should consider your controller as a long term investment in your simming.

I have a T16000M joystick which is great, and has hall sensors. You calibrate it once and don't have to touch it again. And it is relatively inexpensive. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, GoranM said:

Austin never accused anyone.  I never accused anyone.  No one accused anyone.  The seed of suspicion is there.  And until someone can prove it, Asobo have nothing to worry about.

Maybe I get this wrong as I am not a native speaker, but the way I read Austins post, it highly seems like he is laughin about this e-Mail. Which would not surprise me, as this e-Mail is a typical example of a conspiracy theorists wet dreams without providing any backing facts.

It seems to me, as if in contrast to big parts of the community, Austin actually has a sense of humor regarding this topic and takes it easy. Anyhow... how people react to such things tells more about them, than about the writer of the eMail. 😉

• Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I swear if @scotchegg stops quoting him, I'll pick up where he left off lol!

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.