Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS has the most advanced flight model?

I feel like a child wandering about in a field.  Why would you want to run a flight sim on a mobile device?  Does it have some sort of a flight training purpose?  If it is just for fun and to pass the time while you are waiting for the Tram then I get it.  What I don't get is the controllability of such a game.  

I'm sorry I'm lost here. 

Now if it is a shoot-um-up then heck yea go for it.  But I thought that XP (also a windows version) was an uber serious flight sim.

I think that I am going insane. lol or not.

Cheers

bs 

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Let's be real here: PilotWings64 was the best simulator ever made.

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

20 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Wing Commander? US Navy Fighters? F15 Strike Eagle?

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

41 minutes ago, akita said:

You are not the only one enjoying real life flight;)

This should not affect the facts that I preseneted here, look for what I commented in the first place and you'll see why you might be the projector here with your fan talk.

I'm sorry I haven't seen facts! There is not enough evidence presented by you that support any of your assertions  (ad populus at most). As for the rest I personally don't care what you think or prefer. I just commented on ideas you presented here. May be it will better you post on XP11 forum. I'm pretty sure folks up there will embrace it!

But hey before your write all that nonsense about "projectors" It doesn't take a long  to read this forum and discover that many of us here actively criticizing MSFS  shortcoming, advocate for improvement, and doing so constantly! MSFS is far from perfect but we have our own reasons to choose it over other platform!

So please let me understand what is missing in XP11 world that forces people like you to come here to prove something ?  LOL We are OK, don' worry! Stick where you feel happy and enjoy your hobby. LOL

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

45 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Disagree !  The greatest sim of all time is F-19! Tru visionary! The sim made fully functional G1000 years before it appeared in real life!

f19stlth.png

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, WestAir said:

iykyk 😉

• Like 1

Chris

11 hours ago, ErichB said:

No-one owes any loyalty to XP, P3D or any other platform.  Platforms are only good for the window in which they remain relevant and in demand - and nothing lasts forever.   Austin and the development team unfortunately made XP somewhat irrelevant by lagging behind with features people have requested forever.    Now it's too,  little too late.    Look at the sky in XP.  Come on man, it's 2021 and the clouds look like FS98.     You go where the demand is going, and as a developer, that should make business sense.  MSFS has delivered a long standing list of want items.  Going back aint gonna happen

The X-Plane die-hard developers will tell you that MSFS is just a game. It's impossible for them to produce a high quality study level plane given the inadequate SDK and that therefore they will not tarnish their names by lowering themselves into selling a substandard product. What they won't tell you is that their planes have been under continual ongoing development for many many  years to get them to the stage they have reached and that there is very little new stuff in development. Most of the available planes are very old indeed.

The one plane being developed that a lot of people are excited about is an MD-11. It's been under development for so long I just can't remember when it was first announced. When it is finally released it will no doubt be riddled with the usual faults and take a further five years before it eventually matures. So much for the X-Plane SDK.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, akita said:

It depenss if Xplame will choose to open their marketplace for them. If so, yes, they'll come, no one will say no for millions of potential customers.

You gotta be kidding. Seriously.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

You guys need to fly MSFS more instead of defending it here - numbers have hit an all-time-low this week 😲 I have never seen it consistently below 5000 like that.

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/1250410,269950#1m

I am getting worried, who can we have fun with when they finally cancel it? 😪 Ah, you know what - you can join us in the X-Plane forums then. I will allow it! 🤭

Very interesting thread.  I actually enjoyed reading it.

46 minutes ago, Janov said:

I will allow it!

Oh no you won't. Not in my experience. Not unless nothing is said with which you disagree.

• Like 1

Just now, jarmstro said:

Not unless nothing is said with which you disagree.

You can always say what you want, Jarmstro. We understand.

1 hour ago, Janov said:

You guys need to fly MSFS more instead of defending it here - numbers have hit an all-time-low this week 😲 I have never seen it consistently below 5000 like that.

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/1250410,269950#1m

I am getting worried, who can we have fun with when they finally cancel it? 😪 Ah, you know what - you can join us in the X-Plane forums then. I will allow it! 🤭

It's summer. The suns out, lockdowns are lifting and there are better things to do. Simple as that I expect. And thank you for your trouble in keeping us informed on a daily basis for ten months on the usage statistics for each sim. The word obsessed comes to mind but hey ho.😀

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm sorry I haven't seen facts! 

That's since you're under the impression i'm going to help you chew your food.

Already pointed you 3 times, if you want it you know where to find it, if not, don't engage in disccusions un releated to you and refrain from doing so with me in the future.

As for your constant badgering about xplane 11 fan and where i should be, this is beyond my expertise, a shrink might help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rka said:

You gotta be kidding. Seriously.

Same as the other guy, re-read the thread. All backed up by official stat and where to find them.

The last 3 pages y'all came at me, wrote thousands of words, and still no one is able of some basic app store stats available on the front page of every product. Kinda sad...

• Like 2