Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

17/30 June 2021 Developer Q&A: Post Your Questions

The next Developer Q&A session on Twitch will be split in two parts, taking place on 17th and 30th June, and you can now post your questions over at the official forums so they can be considered for inclusion. 

The 17th June Q&A will be focused on World Updates, such as photogrammetry, scenery, airports and related topics.

The 30th June Q&A will be focused on Sim Update 5, such as performance, bugs and general questions.

You can post the questions in this forum: hhttps://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/community/dev-q-a-ask-questions-here/259

The rules have been posted in here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-dev-q-a-guidelines/408021

• Like 2

Ok I'll bite. Regarding SU5:

• Info on dx12 please, and what we can expect from it
  • IFR LNAV logic: what are the planned improvements, and will we see similar quality improvements to Working Title CJ4 (LNAV) to the general sim sometime soon?
  • Replay function, when is it coming
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

and of course my ongoing classic...

Hangar Heights

I still recall the uproar with a very specific apartment building type in only a selected region of the world being to tall and taking the simming world by storm.  The was called out specifically on the MS Video QA and was immediately fixed in the next update.

Yet these 60' or more tall hangars occurring at almost every small to regional airport are just ridiculous.  They are often the tallest structure not only at the airport, but the entire surrounding town.  Seen from miles away.  This is very minor setting that that they have to change to get this things down to about 10' to 15' high...

Yet here we are almost a year later.  Truly baffles me that this item does not get more traction considering the a prior similar fix and minor programing impact.

Ok, I am off the soapbox now until next time.

• Upvote 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Probably the least popular going forward,

1. Support for VR Hand Tracking. This would be nice.

2, Hand Tracking support for VR. This would be great.

3. VR Hand Tracking support, This would be exceptional, and,

4. When is the first problem free world or sim updates planned for.

Last but not least ... keep up the good work guys ...  most of us love your sim. 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Why are you posting your questions here? I said in the main post that you can do so over at the official forums. If you post them on AVSIM, they won't be considered.

Make sure to read the rules in here first: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-dev-q-a-guidelines/408021

Then go in here and create a new thread with your question: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/community/dev-q-a-ask-questions-here/259

• Upvote 1

Every time I have submitted something it has not been approved or the mod doesn't understand if I' m linking an old issue or says I'm asking too many questions.  I keep submitting questions about runway and airport lighting but it keeps getting rejected. So I just don't care anymore.

I almost feel like they are sandbagging the issue of runway lighting on purpose.

I voted for Mikes thread. It's really silly when your in a canyon between rows of 60 ft tall hangars that are 12 feet tall in real life.  KRYN my home airport is so dumb looking with those oversized hangars.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, aniiran said:

Every time I have submitted something it has not been approved or the mod doesn't understand if I' m linking an old issue or says I'm asking too many questions.  I keep submitting questions about runway and airport lighting but it keeps getting rejected. So I just don't care anymore.

I almost feel like they are sandbagging the issue of runway lighting on purpose.

The mods at MSFS forum have no sim development expertise to intentionally sabotage topics for 'sandbagging issues'.

Try submitting only one question at once. If a single topic has multiple question or discussion points, it won't be accepted.

Also, try including any pictures from the issue inside the sim vs how it's supposed to look correctly from any IRL pics.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 3:19 AM, ChaoticBeauty said:

Why are you posting your questions here? I said in the main post that you can do so over at the official forums. If you post them on AVSIM, they won't be considered.

Make sure to read the rules in here first: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-dev-q-a-guidelines/408021

Then go in here and create a new thread with your question: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/community/dev-q-a-ask-questions-here/259

We do and we have.  The responses here are just general discussion amongst ourselves, just a social thing.

50 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

We do and we have.  The responses here are just general discussion amongst ourselves, just a social thing.

In your previous post you are linking to a bug report, not the question itself. The correct link is: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/auto-generated-hangar-height-issues/408144

And the other users have not posted their questions in the Q&A section, only here. Although someone else has asked about DirectX 12 enhancements, but then this is something they've answered several times in the last few sessions.

15 hours ago, aniiran said:

Sorry about that. As said above, the moderators are volunteers and not affiliated with Microsoft/Asobo. It is not their intention to sweep issues under the rug.

They must be confusing your question with this one: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/can-we-get-airport-gate-lights-to-illuminate-the-ramps/408054

If that's the case, reply to the PM they sent you so they can sort it out.

13 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

In your previous post you are linking to a bug report, not the question itself. The correct link is: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/auto-generated-hangar-height-issues/408144

And the other users have not posted their questions in the Q&A section, only here. Although someone else has asked about DirectX 12 enhancements, but then this is something they've answered several times in the last few sessions.

Sorry about that. As said above, the moderators are volunteers and not affiliated with Microsoft/Asobo. It is not their intention to sweep issues under the rug.

They must be confusing your question with this one: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/can-we-get-airport-gate-lights-to-illuminate-the-ramps/408054

If that's the case, reply to the PM they sent you so they can sort it out.

I did post there, but you have to understand that those posts are reviewed and only then are allowed to be displayed.  They are filtered for clarity and content.  So, when I posted here, that actual QA post (that you linked above) was simply not available to me at that time.  Thanks for your thoughts though.

13 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

The mods at MSFS forum have no sim development expertise

These Q&As are "garbage in, garbage out".  A bunch of single-sentance questions, filtered by mods with no development experience, re-worded by community managers with no flight sim experience, asked to developers who may be most comfortable conversing in another language.  And they refuse to, heaven forbid, brief the questions to the developers in advance so they can be prepared with answers instead of just giving some vague deer-in-headlights response.  So we get a poor response, which the moderators at the MSFS forums can mark as "answered" and then refuse to ever "approve" another question down that line of questioning again.

It's all an exercise in PR, totally useless, every time I watch one of these things drag on for hours to get 5 minutes of actual information I end up wanting my darn hour back afterwards.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

9 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

These Q&As are "garbage in, garbage out".  A bunch of single-sentance questions, filtered by mods with no development experience, re-worded by community managers with no flight sim experience, asked to developers who may be most comfortable conversing in another language.  And they refuse to, heaven forbid, brief the questions to the developers in advance so they can be prepared with answers instead of just giving some vague deer-in-headlights response.  So we get a poor response, which the moderators at the MSFS forums can mark as "answered" and then refuse to ever "approve" another question down that line of questioning again.

Unlike you, I do enjoy the dev Q&As most of the time, but you raise some valid points. These Q&As would be so much more useful if the devs took some time before the live stream to actually understand what people are asking. They never get tired of saying they're reading all the suggestions and forum posts, but in the Q&A they have no idea about what is meant by "terrain morphing"...

Anyway, I think there's still a lot of valuable information in these Q&As, especially if you try to read between the lines.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 4

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

It is indeed very frustrating when things get lost in translation and you end up having all three of them just staring at the camera cluelessly, and then not getting a real answer. I must say however that the latest session was a nice improvement after a string of rather mediocre ones. There was a good deal of new information too (from now on I will try to make quick summaries as often as possible since it seemed some people found it helpful).

• Like 7

6 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It is indeed very frustrating when things get lost in translation and you end up having all three of them just staring at the camera cluelessly, and then not getting a real answer. I must say however that the latest session was a nice improvement after a string of rather mediocre ones. There was a good deal of new information too (from now on I will try to make quick summaries as often as possible since it seemed some people found it helpful).

In no small part helped by the WT guys being included. Hopefully that continues... 🙂

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Sandbagging is not the proper term.  Let me rephrase.

I believe that the runway lights on during the day,  the unrealistic runway, taxiway and approach lights being seen from 20+ miles , AI being seen through clouds at similar distances are all done on purpose for the benefit of new players so they can find airports and other players. 

I don't believe Asobo sees these as issues and the way the airport/ai lighting is currently is all by design.  I know I'm not the only one unhappy with it. 

I also feel the low turnout in the official forum Q and A seems odd given the amount of questions and traffic on AVSIM.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/unrealistic-airport-lighting-distances/266371 309 votes but not enough to get a blip on the radar. No activity since April.

UPDATE.

When I tried to post a new question I found out that the question was posted for the 5-26 Q and A, but it only had 10 votes.   I'm going to try again. 

Edited by aniiran
  • Like 1