Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Are you getting stutters in the middle of nowhere?

Getting screen freezes over rural UK today.

Not had that before. Sometimes last 15 seconds, other times a couple minutes, then sim gets running again.

I'll go to Dev mode to see what I can spot.

T45

I typically do the exact same flight / route. Some days it is very smooth...some days it is a micro stutter fest.

I really do believe that some of these issues are server related, and no amount of tweaking resolves the issue. I don't know what all MS has tapping into the servers, but there is a performance issue on their end that they have not been able to get a hand on in almost a year now.

And I think that it is only going to get worse once the Xbox version hits the market.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

I typically do the exact same flight / route. Some days it is very smooth...some days it is a micro stutter fest.

I really do believe that some of these issues are server related, and no amount of tweaking resolves the issue. I don't know what all MS has tapping into the servers, but there is a performance issue on their end that they have not been able to get a hand on in almost a year now.

And I think that it is only going to get worse once the Xbox version hits the market.

I agree with you re server related which certainly jives w/ the fact RTSS always demonstrates I have ample GPU/CPU headroom (because of how I'm setup for the flight in question).  I'd have to believe Asobo is 100% aware of this issue--after all, how could they not be?--so we can hope perhaps as server use goes up they will add more server capacity.  I can't see putting the gargantuan amount of effort put in so far and leaving it in a state where 100% of users, experienced and novice, won't be very disappointed should these issues persist.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

20 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

It's so cool seeing people fly my Mooney paints!

Just for you.

Screenshot-1319.png

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

I still feel that the server issues are the root cause of some of the CTD's people are getting. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I still feel that the server issues are the root cause of some of the CTD's people are getting. 

There is just so much unknown (at least for me) on the MS server side of things.

Do they have more users than expected, or do they share the servers with other clients (such as the spike in online service accounts for school / university etc. due to the pandemic)?

In other sims, I can turned down options / features to trade for better performance, but these MSFS stutters persist with the lowest settings, as if the cause is beyond / unrelated to any PC hardware limitation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

There is just so much unknown (at least for me) on the MS server side of things.

Do they have more users than expected, or do they share the servers with other clients (such as the spike in online service accounts for school / university etc. due to the pandemic)?

In other sims, I can turned down options / features to trade for better performance, but these MSFS stutters persist with the lowest settings, as if the cause is beyond / unrelated to any PC hardware limitation.

When multiple people are reporting stutters in the same area, there is absolutely no way that could be an issue with PC's. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I had another screen lock up today & digging down via File Manager I found an App,

SearchApp.exe, was running, using more resources than MSFS.

I traced the App back to Win10 Cortana & am trying to find a way to get rid of both of them.

T45

I'm on a world tour in the WT CJ4. Just passing through Indonesia, I had bad stuttering on approach into WAJJ and WAMM, yet my GPU was only running at 68% and CPU at 28%. FPS didn't drop below 30 where I have it locked.

Onwards to the Phillipines, no stutters landing at RPMD.

Off to Manilla, now. Hopefully no stutters there either.

On the whole, my performance is very good but there are still areas where stutters prevail.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

18 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

I'm on a world tour in the WT CJ4. Just passing through Indonesia, I had bad stuttering on approach into WAJJ and WAMM, yet my GPU was only running at 68% and CPU at 28%. FPS didn't drop below 30 where I have it locked.

Onwards to the Phillipines, no stutters landing at RPMD.

Off to Manilla, now. Hopefully no stutters there either.

On the whole, my performance is very good but there are still areas where stutters prevail.

Stu

Stu is that your CPU running at 28%? you need to look at the core that's getting all the use. You have 4 core 4 threads one of the 8 will be the one used alot by MSFS. More than likely core 0 see what % thats at. Not the over all CPU % 🙂

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 6/7/2021 at 10:00 PM, Nyxx said:

super smooth, on route in the middle of nowhere stutters, WHAT! WHY?

I'm was one of the lucky ones that had little to none issues with MSFS (I think it was because of the QHD res that's not that demanding). The latest update does give me stutters from nowhere. I find it impossible to even think going in VR. Not using FSUIPC, nor the Linker.

I am blaming my bad internet connection for it.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Next time I see the stuttering, I'll check which core is being hammered.

This is something I doubt I can fix, it's a sim thing.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

4 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I'm was one of the lucky ones that had little to none issues with MSFS (I think it was because of the QHD res that's not that demanding). The latest update does give me stutters from nowhere. I find it impossible to even think going in VR. Not using FSUIPC, nor the Linker.

I am blaming my bad internet connection for it.

Do you lock your FPS and have you tried in the middle of nowhere to increase you Renderscale to push your 3070 to GPU bound in dev mode, get it to GPU bound then work back to you have GPU bound and CPU bound flashing as one. Also check your used core is at 90%.

13 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

This is something I doubt I can fix, it's a sim thing.

Stu

Yes you can. You can do it like I have explained in the OP

Edited by Nyxx

40 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Do you lock your FPS and have you tried in the middle of nowhere to increase you Renderscale to push your 3070 to GPU bound in dev mode, get it to GPU bound then work back to you have GPU bound and CPU bound flashing as one. Also check your used core is at 90%.

I locked it to 60 and when I start MSFS I'm mostly GPU bound, rarely seing CPU bound. After TO it tends to stay like 70%GPU -30% CPU (purely by visual observation).

VR seems impossible even on default settings.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech