Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Hong Kong in the C172 Amphibian

Got myself the VHHH the other day, to go with the Samscene HK and Macau sceneries. and thought I'd try the new C172 floats model there. A nice day out!

ZRGMtzP.jpg

oGe60lX.jpg

dv1gZ7Y.jpg

eBx4OxK.jpg

xko38Dq.jpg

r496rip.jpg

WfANEAO.jpg

Icb8AGX.jpg

6spaBlS.jpg

OycwYRC.jpg

Mal2wwp.jpg

cBHSuHR.jpg

gSInhTr.jpg

RguvKIe.jpg

jMklrFc.jpg

hvw408w.jpg

2XlJJZZ.jpg

W8nOhtq.jpg

kitBm8B.jpg

uaobg7V.jpg

Never been in RL, and to be honest, wouldn't want to go there - too frantic for me. My wife did a lot of trips there back in the day but my travel was mostly in the US.

I also got the 1988 Kai Tak package but I haven't tried that yet. I'll post some shots once I have.

cheers,

Andy

• Like 7

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

25 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

I also got the 1988 Kai Tak package but I haven't tried that yet. I'll post some shots once I have.

Good investment in the HK area you did!.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Stunning shots! It's ORBX? Will there be no problem if i use ORBX HK+Kay Tak?

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

8 hours ago, edpatino said:

Good investment in the HK area you did!.

Well, it's an interesting bit of geography and it looks good in MSFS so I figured why not?

8 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Stunning shots! It's ORBX? Will there be no problem if i use ORBX HK+Kay Tak?

Not Orbx, Samscene, although I think they're available via Orbx these days as well. It includes the current Kai Tak configuration (the boat terminal) but they used to provide an exclusion package to allow you to use the old Kai Tak airport. Not sure if they still do (they put out an upgrade recently). I know they've got info on their own website, not sure if it's on the ORbx site.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

13 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Never been in RL, and to be honest, wouldn't want to go there - too frantic for me. My wife did a lot of trips there back in the day but my travel was mostly in the US.

Well, tbh, I was thinking to get the same set very soon, including the old Kai Tak (1998) available at SimMarket. It seems you also got the Kai Tak airport. Is it compatible with the SamScene's Hong Kong city?.

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Well, it's an interesting bit of geography and it looks good in MSFS so I figured why not?

Not Orbx, Samscene, although I think they're available via Orbx these days as well. It includes the current Kai Tak configuration (the boat terminal) but they used to provide an exclusion package to allow you to use the old Kai Tak airport. Not sure if they still do (they put out an upgrade recently). I know they've got info on their own website, not sure if it's on the ORbx site.

Thanks! Alright it's Samscene. I thought ORBX had made another version. It doesn't seem to me that there are conflicts.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Well, tbh, I was thinking to get the same set very soon, including the old Kai Tak (1998) available at SimMarket. It seems you also got the Kai Tak airport. Is it compatible with the SamScene's Hong Kong city?.

Hi Ed, just had a couple of CTDs so currently trying to figure things out. I believe it should be ok with the samscene HK as long as the exclude package for VHHX supplied by samscene is included, but I need to find out what's pigging things up on my setup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

Hi Ed, well, I don't know what was causing my problem initially, but it's ok now so yes, the Kai Tak 1998 seems to be fine with the Samscene HK with the exclude package in place -

Samscene's modern Kai Tak -
cBHSuHR.jpg

Samscene HK with Kai Tak 1998 package and Samscene exclusion package
z82UljU.jpg

Sf3umgr.jpg

Haqi4Bp.jpg

A nice little setup. Now if someone would just like to do a 1966 model of Southend airport and the town itself that would just about finish things off nicely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Ed, well, I don't know what was causing my problem initially, but it's ok now so yes, the Kai Tak 1998 seems to be fine with the Samscene HK with the exclude package in place -

Thanks so much, Andy. Very nice pictures. I'll go and get VHHH, SamScene HK, the old Kai Tak and Macau. A huge investment, but the area deserves it. Thanks again

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

41 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Thanks so much, Andy. Very nice pictures. I'll go and get VHHH, SamScene HK, the old Kai Tak and Macau. A huge investment, but the area deserves it. Thanks again

You're welcome Ed, enjoy!

I'm hoping for a few of the nearby Chinese airports to come along. Can't remember the codes but two or three of the very nearby ones came out for P3D so maybe they'll get ported/redone. It does all make for a really nice little patch to fly around in.

On 6/8/2021 at 4:34 PM, andy1252 said:

Samscene HK with Kai Tak 1998 package and Samscene exclusion package
z82UljU.jpg

As the author of Kai Tak 1998 I am glad, that you enjoy it. On this screenshot I can spot an issue though, for which I can provide help: the brick-built 3D banks are missing. I have written in this post my advice how to set up the scenery alongside the Samscene city scenery. When I tried it on my system, first I got the same result as on your screenshot. It appears not to be the case for everybody, but I had to do also the "optional" second step in the instructions (-> 2. Second, you need to rename the folders of the Kai Tak scenery in the community folder to appear after the SamScene folders (because this controls the order how the sceneries are loaded 1), e.g. by putting a “x” in front of the modelinstruments-airport-vhhx-kai-tak and the modelinstruments-airport-vhhx-kai-tak-imagery folders.).

You then should get the banks as visible on this screenshot:

KaiTak98-789.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

As the author of Kai Tak 1998 I am glad, that you enjoy it. On this screenshot I can spot an issue though, for which I can provide help: the brick-built 3D banks are missing. I have written in this post my advice how to set up the scenery alongside the Samscene city scenery. When I tried it on my system, first I got the same result as on your screenshot. It appears not to be the case for everybody, but I had to do also the "optional" second step in the instructions (-> 2. Second, you need to rename the folders of the Kai Tak scenery in the community folder to appear after the SamScene folders (because this controls the order how the sceneries are loaded 1), e.g. by putting a “x” in front of the modelinstruments-airport-vhhx-kai-tak and the modelinstruments-airport-vhhx-kai-tak-imagery folders.).

You then should get the banks as visible on this screenshot:

Thanks for this, I'll give it a try. Nice scenery, glad I bought it.