Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

The lack of useful utilities

26 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

The default camera don't have camera shake and head movement something that is missing and is available in X-Plane and FSX/P3D offered by 3pd's it makes the planes look more realistic when taking off or on touchdown. The other stuff the OP is complaining about is a Meh? imo.

Agreed!  There is slight head movement though.  If you brake hard you see this, but I agree, we could do with an app to enhance and tweak this for personal preference.

I used EZDok in FSX, and it was fairly good (although it had a steep learning curve). 

The touchdown effects were good in particular.  Some of my landings were that bad it felt like my head was going to disappear into my torso! 😀

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Something like SelfLoadingCargo is very good and already supports MSFS. 

Not really missing this if you already used to the default Camera system which is actually not bad once you know your way with it

I track development of these type of addons and I am not aware of any that are out of beta or public testing.  Do you have a link to a specific product that is the full final release?  Thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

The only thing that I am missing that I want is ActiveSky.

Currently using:

LittleNavMap 

P2A

Volanta

OnAir

Navigraph Charts

All of which worth perfectly with MSFS and with the exception of Charts have at least one other alternative available that I am aware of.

Used Chaseplane in P3D, but if it came out today I'm not convinced I'd buy it as default system works fine for me.

Considering it's less than a year old there are plenty of utilities available, to claim otherwise is inaccurate....

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

this shows that some people have very different wishes, i see a load of usefull utilities.

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

What could it bring to me, the user ?

Probably nothing directly, but it could allow 3pds who want to set up their own cameras do so, which then would get them to release their products for you to download faster. 😉

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

I am very much with the OP and for reasons/lacking features different from his.  We are not all in the same place

Yeah, but I think the point is that whatever place you're in, it's not always necessary to come on the forum and complain that the game sucks and you quit. Speaking personally, if you want to quit... I don't really need to know about it. No one cares whether or not I quit using it either.

The last line in the OPs post was asking for people's opinions, so it's kinda silly to criticize people for giving him what he wanted just because they didn't get in lockstep with his opinions.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

We are each in a very different place about what we have experienced in the past vs what is not yet available in MSFS and global asssessments like the one immediately above only incite tribalism.  I am very much with the OP and for reasons/lacking features different from his.  We are not all in the same place,
Enough!

fppilot,

We are worlds apart on this, but you are very entitled to your opinion and assessment of this.  I have not denigrated the OP and nor am I doing so with you. Taking the conversation to inciting tribalism is a bit of a stretch in my opinion but we live in a very sensitive world so I will comment no further on that aspect. 

Please note also that I have reacted to your post on the grounds that it is a valid side to the debate.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 minutes ago, Alberto Zanot said:

Too much toxicity. 

As expected. 

It is becoming obvious to me, with this statement, that your purpose with this post was probably to generate a little, if not a lot of toxicity.  "As expected" says quite a lot to me. If you expected that toxicity, why did you feel the need to start it?

We would all probably be better off if you did quit, but did it quietly (who really needs to have access to your decision to quit) as someone else here has already stated. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

33 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

fppilot,

We are worlds apart on this, but you are very entitled to your opinion and assessment of this.  I have not denigrated the OP and nor am I doing so with you. Taking the conversation to inciting tribalism is a bit of a stretch in my opinion but we live in a very sensitive world so I will comment no further on that aspect. 

Please note also that I have reacted to your post on the grounds that it is a valid side to the debate.

Tony

that does not make a valid reason to "quit" 

Tony.  My point was about the judgemental and global statement. It inferred to me that we should all be in the same place.  I disagree with that.  Lets please leave it at that....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, Alberto Zanot said:

Too much toxicity. 

As expected. 

Really? Very little (If any) in this thread. Lots of people disagreeing with your opinion though.

That's something completely different. 

G

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

8 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Genuine interrogation why ? the default camera system might be a little buggy but is pretty convenient as it is. It mostly needs a cleanup.  Making a priority of a Camera API sounds strange. What could it bring to me, the user ?

Some examples of what a SINGLE add-on ( GSX in this case, of course...) does with the Camera API that is available in P3D:

- Each and every vehicle in GSX has a set of cameras, which will appear on the right-click menu as Custom cameras, and they allow you to "follow" every vehicle from different points of view, 3rd person, 1st person, etc. This works even in the GSX customization editor, allowing to see objects more easily when they are positioned to edit a customization. Those Custom camera views will automatically disappear when the vehicle is destroyed, so they won't clutter the camera menu, since the Camera API allows them to be created and destroyed at any time, without having to preset them in a .CFG file.

- When you work on a Custom pushback route, the Camera API will create several custom Top-down views centered on the airplane, the end of the Pushback, and every node in between, and by switching between them, you can position those points more easily. They are also removed when you exit from a Custom pushback edition, so you never have the menu cluttered with cameras you don't need at that time.

- When you customize the airplane doors, specific custom cameras are created on the fly with the Camera API, with different parameters depending which kind of door/point you are editing, for example doors will have some cameras, points like the refuel point will have different custom cameras and the position of the pushback attach on the front gear will have different cameras too, and they might be very helpful to see the point more easily, for example when you are trying to line up a cargo or catering loader very precisely.

- Jetways have custom camera views, created only when a jetway activates ( and removed when the jetway is at rest ), placed in strategic points so, for example, you can see walking passengers even if the jetway is not transparent, using internal camera views.

So yes, GSX, which is not even a dedicated "Camera utility", uses the Camera API quite extensively in P3D, so hope to be able to do the same in MSFS too.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alberto Zanot said:

Too much toxicity. 

As expected. 

I for one would like to apologize on behalf of these ghastly, well, brutes here, having their way here with you over your sad misfortune, and I hope you will let me make it up to you.  I am making hand-wringing motions as I write this, and promise to shed a single solitary tear in a moment of silence over your momentous and earth-shattering decision to stop flying imaginary toy aeroplanes in this platform and go back to flying imaginary toy aeroplanes in the other Brand X platform.  Farewell, gentle soul!

• Like 7

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

7 hours ago, Alberto Zanot said:

Too much toxicity. 

As expected. 

You reap what you sow

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

20 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

You reap what you sow

Nah there is some piling-on going on here.  

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB