Sign in to follow this  
alessandro.loguercio

Feature request and a bug

Hello everyone! 😊

As the title suggests, I wanted to know if it was possible to add a few things:

1- Yesterday, during a Touch & Go session (button control)  I realized that it is possible to turn off the FD and the TRK/FPA activated by the first officer. Is it possible to add this step in a non-precision approach? I have also thought about the RNAV approaches, but I don't remember exactly whether the FD must be deactivated when the AP is disconnected, or in the RNP APP expect the FMA to change from FINAL APP to HDG / VS.

It would be more convenient to have the first officer do everything while maybe you are engaged in a demanding Non-precision, such as the RNAV-G RWY33 of Reggio Calabria .. (LICR 😆)

2- Is it possible to further extend the time between "STAND UP", "THRUST SET" and "GO" during T&G? Yesterday doing everything in a hurry but the call THRUST SET was made when the CFM was still at 60%.. 😞

3- It is possible to add an option for ferry flights where the call to the flight attendants is omitted and also the various "CABIN CREW? ADVISED?" in the checklists are they removed?

4- The bug: When you ask to secure the Airbus during the last sector, at the request from the captain to turn off everything, first the FO replies "OK" and then you hear the CPT say "SECURING THE AIRCRAFT PLEASE" so, I think it's a bit 'wrong.

Sorry for the long text😆

I did my Airbus TR 3 year ago, so I'm rusty and some operators may have a different set of ways of doing things and things change all the time, so don't quote me on this... 

1. Remember FS2Crew assumes you're using max use of the autopilot, and as the Pilot Flying only you get to touch the FCU while the autopilot is on.  So while the autopilot on, you'd never ask the PM turn turn the FDs off or select TRACK/FPA.  You'd do it.  Autopilot off is a different story, however.  

You basically turn off the FDs when you no longer need them.  On a NPA, there's no certified electronic guidance to follow below minimums (you should be visual and flying manually, no autopilot) so you get rid of the flight directors to avoid the chance you could start following garbage FD steering cues.  

Also, turning off FD's forces the Airbus into Speed Mode.  So it's like a backup fail safe.  You wouldn't want to accidently somehow trigger climb thrust or thrust idle or you're going to be in for a real shocker.

It's been a long time for me... Check the FCOM or FCTM to be sure.  That plane still makes my head spin.

2. We can add more time in a future update.  I think I added more time in the last update..  Ideally we'd like to be able "read" out of the sim when thrust is actually set, but we can't read it since the data is not available.  So we have to guess.  Guessing is crude, but given the very limited data we can pull out of the plane, it's all we can do.

3. Well consider it.  On a ferry flight, if they're using stock Airbus checklists, they might say advised or not required.  Some French guy from Airbus isn't going come shoot you if say something different.  It doesn't really matter.

4. Are you sure you're not hearing "Securing the aircraft checklist".

• Like 1

Good morning Bryan and thank you for answering!

As for the bug, I'm sure the sequence is this:
"Okay" (FO) - "Securing the aircraft please" (CPT)
instead it should be:
"Securing the aircraft please" (CPT) - "Okay" (FO)
Then I have another request that I forgot to write:
Is it possible to remove (or insert an entry in the config page) where the first officer does not say "packs are on" after turning on the second pack? Apart from that I find this call a bit unrealistic, the problem arises if you take off in CONF2 or CONF3,
if you ask the first officer to pull up the flaps in CONF1 for example, the latter does nothing until he completes the activation of the packs and says "packs are on".

Which voice set are you using?

I understand #2.  We can keep the sound, but modify it so when the FO waits for 10 seconds to turn on Pack 2 (which he's supposed to do), he can do other work in the meantime.

It's the 10 second pause that's the issue, not the sound.

• Like 1