Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.2 is out now

6 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Hi Gerard,

- Grid is almost completely gone especially when using Volumetricclouds Medium and higher

- EA can be used with legacy clouds now!

- No Hole in the cloud when viewing down from above

- Thunderstorm clouds has still some room for improvement (maybe HiFi can utilize this even more)

- Thunderstorm Lightning is done now

- Snow and Rain improved

- No odd shadowline in EA with OC conditions

- Bridges are bridges and finally we can cross them without crashing at taxi!!!!

- No more objects showing through clouds!

- Fog is reducing visibility even at night!

- Added Road lights (with room for further improvement but the first throw is quite good.

- @simbol and others FOUGHT HARD for less Red skies! And NASA is now entering Mars...so maybe we need this back later 😉

And the rest of the list!

Marcus

Thanks again Marcus.

EA I like with 3D clouds, so legacy clouds, while looking nice, are only 2D and the idea with EA was improved and 3D clouds.

Mmmmm…. clear weather here tomorrow and the coming days, so AS live weather won’t show a cloud 🥳

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Improved.. less likely to occur but it can happen.. it depends on METAR conditions. But things looks much better now, specially with dynamic weather add-ons.

Something else you guys need to be aware of is a new setting:

zTB3NHY.png

By moving the bar of volumetric clouds to the LEFT, you disable volumetric clouds but note EA is still enabled!. What this does? it leaves the enhance atmospherics and uses the old legacy clouds, so if you have Hi-Fi, REX or other add-ons witch provide enhanced 2D (no volumetric) clouds, they will work blending with the EA, etc.

This is a great flexibility and option for those that prefer non TrueSky clouds or that have hardware unable to support volumetric clouds environment.

Best,
Simbol

So we will need to disable ASCA from running and turn this slider to the right to use EA clouds?

Eric 

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

Thanks again Marcus.

EA I like with 3D clouds, so legacy clouds, while looking nice, are only 2D and the idea with EA was improved and 3D clouds.

Mmmmm…. clear weather here tomorrow and the coming days, so AS live weather won’t show a cloud 🥳

Test EDDF back to Sunday or Monday! OC conditions and Rain.....Saturday we had major thunderstorms

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

So we will need to disable ASCA from running and turn this slider to the right to use EA clouds?

If you want volumetriccouds, just set the slider at least at LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH or ULTRA (CAUTION 2048)

If you want ASCA....no...set like in image and leave ASCA running

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

Just move the slider. ASCA will have zero effect inside the simulator when volumetric clouds are running.. no need to disable ASCA.. 

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Improved.. less likely to occur but it can happen.. it depends on METAR conditions. But things looks much better now, specially with dynamic weather add-ons.

Something else you guys need to be aware of is a new setting:

zTB3NHY.png

By moving the bar of volumetric clouds to the LEFT, you disable volumetric clouds but note EA is still enabled!. What this does? it leaves the enhance atmospherics and uses the old legacy clouds, so if you have Hi-Fi, REX or other add-ons witch provide enhanced 2D (no volumetric) clouds, they will work blending with the EA, etc.

This is a great flexibility and option for those that prefer non TrueSky clouds or that have hardware unable to support volumetric clouds environment.

Best,
Simbol

Any observations with the slider say in the middle? How does the blend look like at 50%? Any recommendations to move it to 25% or perhaps better to 75%? This is an open question for early adopters with their findings.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Dirk98 said:

Any observations with the slider say in the middle? How does the blend look like at 50%? Any recommendations to move it to 25% or perhaps better to 75%? This is an open question for early adopters with their findings.

Thanks.

Depends on your system/GPU.

Most systems will likely run this with Medium and probably also good at high. HighEnd GPU will have no problems with ULTRA. But that´s a very very rough estimate. Test this!

LOW=256

Medium=512

High=1024

ULTRA=2048

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

And what about too dark virtual cockpits? Did they improve VC lighting?

Adrian

1 minute ago, Dirk98 said:

Thanks.

Try in your own system.. each setting increases the need for system resources, I run mine on high and I have a 980 TI with 6GB of VRAM, however other settings on the sim are not maxed out.. so everyone will need to test and see what is the best for them..

S.

Just now, AdiR said:

And what about too dark virtual cockpits? Did they improve VC lighting?

YES, is improved and you can even turn off AutoExposure (Eye adopt effect) if you want via menu now.

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, B777ER said:

If you have LatinVFR, their slopedai.dll will cause this. See their forum for update. 

That was it! Thanks!!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I will wait till next week as I intend to do a full install on a new 1TB Samsung M2 870 plus drive, and will wipe 5.1 from the system.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

10 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

From which version you came and did you install all components?

And....delete your generated files. Install all 3 components (Client, Content and Scenery)  (I would recommend) and the first time start P3D without any addons like Chaseplane or HiFi.

Have you deleted your shader files?

Marcus

It was the LVFR KFLL causing the issue, thanks for responding. I did delete the p3d.cfg and the shaders folder but only updated the client so far. I will now go ahead and update the content and scenery.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Just now, PilotPete99 said:

It was the LVFR KFLL causing the issue, thanks for responding. I did delete the p3d.cfg and the shaders folder but only updated the client so far. I will now go ahead and update the content and scenery.

Cheers, Pete

Thanks!

You could help others out with opening a own topic with a decent self explaining headline! Would you like to do this please? That would be great for all others.

In this thread this goes under.....

Thanks a LOT

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Thanks!

You could help others out with opening a own topic with a decent self explaining headline! Would you like to do this please? That would be great for all others.

In this thread this goes under.....

Thanks a LOT

Good idea, I will do that right now.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1