Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.2 is out now

I had a few airports that I could not use with EA on or I would have VRAM issues. With v5.2 I can now use those airports (I did not try all of them yet) with EA on! Although my framerates are all over the place with v5.2. Trying to taxi around FlyTampa Las Vegas with framerates going between 3 and 55 is really hard.

Anyone getting a Freeze when bringing up the RIGHT click menu on the mouse? Also, when I tried to Activate GSX menu's it also CTD, luckily I had already landed my uneventful flight on the NGXu from PANC to KDEN

- Al 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Hello Marcus P.(mpo910).  My biggest frustration with the P3D VR stuff, is the ability to select switches and orbuttons in VR.

When trying toselect something on a panel or pedastal that has other switches or buttons around them, the mouse cursor would jump to a different button. Or I couldn't select it at all.  Has this been improved somewhat, so we have more accuracy in the cockpits.  DCS does this so great, I hope LM can too.

If so, I may try to use PointCTRL in P3D for better immersion.

Thank You

David

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

Anyone having issues with the shaders causing black patches on the ground and not loading aircraft VC textures.  My VC in the PMDG777 is all black.  I have deleted the shaders folder (twice) in appdata/local/ .  I have also applied the updated to AILR

I seem to have fixed this on mine. I uninstalled envshade, deleted the shaders folder in appdata/local, and finally, deleted the shadershlsl  folder in P3D main directory. Then reinstalled p3d client.

It seems like envshade had done shader changers in the shadershlsl directory that was not playing well with 5.2. The Client install regenerated it and all is smooth and loading fine now.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

So I updated all 3 components manually, and my PMDG aircraft and QW787 aircraft are not showing up in sim. They are still located in the SimObjects folder.

Ran Delete Generated content after the install. Don't know why most of my other addons work but these planes are not?

Daniel M

i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 RAM, PNY RTX 3090, Custom Watercooling

5 hours ago, Rafal said:

I think PMDG Borings aren't ready either.

PMDG Is working with 5.2 without issues

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Make sure you delete the P3D.CFG file too. 

Otherwise....post your finding at LM as soon you can exclude "a USER is the problem" 😉 

Shift-Z also does not work here anymore!

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Would just installing client only cause this? I wasn't planning on it based on how little was changed with both them.

I would install at least client and content. It's so easy to do and cost a minute or some. I've done this almost 2 or 3x a week for over 5 months now.

Scenery is optional. But I would also install it just to be up to date. Also that one is totally easy to install. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

35 minutes ago, Daniel M said:

So I updated all 3 components manually, and my PMDG aircraft and QW787 aircraft are not showing up in sim. They are still located in the SimObjects folder.

Ran Delete Generated content after the install. Don't know why most of my other addons work but these planes are not?

Update on my situation, apparently while re-installing the client, content and scenery the installer decided to install to my C drive instead of the F drive where everything was installed previously. Everything's so messed up now I'm basically starting fresh.

Daniel M

i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 RAM, PNY RTX 3090, Custom Watercooling

1 hour ago, David B said:

Hello Marcus P.(mpo910).  My biggest frustration with the P3D VR stuff, is the ability to select switches and orbuttons in VR.

When trying toselect something on a panel or pedastal that has other switches or buttons around them, the mouse cursor would jump to a different button. Or I couldn't select it at all.  Has this been improved somewhat, so we have more accuracy in the cockpits.  DCS does this so great, I hope LM can too.

If so, I may try to use PointCTRL in P3D for better immersion.

Thank You

David

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. I've had never experienced this myself to be honest. But I understand what you are saying. This has not changed with 5.2. I and others did not saw any reports or requirements from users about this topic. 

If you haven't done yet, head over to LM support and write down what you would like to see. At the moment LM is gathering information. 

So a good chance to get some attention. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, BestPlane said:

Did they fix the dark VC issue?

Karl

• Like 2

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Are the Vram issues with the TFDI 717 now also fixed?

With Trueglass and Truelight?

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

Shift-Z also does not work here anymore!

It is strange because it is mapped to shift-Z in key bindings but doesn't show!

Looks like great update! Cant wait for full install it :)!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2