Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.2 is out now

I am currently using 5.0 and one of my biggest issues is the Halo effect around trees and buildings

when on the ground with EA on and clouds behind them. I don't think this was sorted with 5.1, just

curious if 5.2 has fixed it? Cheers

1 minute ago, Caveney737 said:

I am currently using 5.0 and one of my biggest issues is the Halo effect around trees and buildings

when on the ground with EA on and clouds behind them. I don't think this was sorted with 5.1, just

curious if 5.2 has fixed it? Cheers

If you are still on 5.0, it is time for you to update to 5.2 i think

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Just now, Johnny19 said:

If you are still on 5.0, it is time for you to update to 5.2 i think

Agree, but I have a quite complex home cockpit and upgrading always causes me a lot

of problems, so I want to be sure that the issues I have like the Halos are sorted before

I do it 🙂

7 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Yes, but I still see grid patterns, for me that is really disappointing. I really hoped they would have fixed that to make it look natural!

Let's hope indeed Hifisim can get rid of that!

I must say after flying some flights that the weather engine improved a lot with EA and Active Sky!

I loaded a flightplan in active sky from EHGG to EIDW and now really seeing little clouds appear in the distance. The overall "feel" is much better.

Also when flying out of BIKF this morning it was really nice flying through cloud layers.

Let's get also rid of all the grids!

Edited by rob0203
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Love to see some NGXu pics and let us know what FPS are like vs 5.1? 

Cheers 

Here are some pictures about the NGXu in KDEN with P3D 5.2.

Enhanced Atmospherics ON

Volumetric Clouds OFF

About the FPS differences: I am not really paying much attention on FPS but I would say the stability of the sim has definitely improved. I keep my FPS locked within the sim at 35 FPS and 30 in Nvidia Control Panel. While for some time I didn't use the control panel to limit it there too I did see a huge difference when it comes to autogen loading further in the distance with this combo. In most places I do get rock solid 30 FPS (including KDEN) and about 25ish FPS in EGLL. I am very very happy with 5.2. I think Lockheed Martin has nailed this release. The combination of old cloud system with the new atmospherics means I am LOVING IT.

Oh and just to mention because I am sure I'll be asked about it: I have my texture resolution set to 1024 and AA to 8xSSAA and I am quite happy with the results.

W7afF5F.png

OYg6WsD.png

3Pe4rw5.png

Edited by Balint Szarka
  • Like 1

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

And here is how (according to me) realistic looking the sim got with Enhanced Atmospherics ON and volumetric clouds OFF
I love how the light plays on the fuselage as I move the viewpoint. It is very stunning and it does really make P3D looks way better than it ever did in the past.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf08w82f1qp8s0r/Prepar3D 2021.06.10 - 16.24.53.01.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/afcko3kwkilohcb/Prepar3D 2021.06.10 - 20.19.51.03.mp4?dl=0

P.S. does someone know how to embed Dropbox videos here instead of pasting links to them? I have never shared videos on here yet 😄 

Edited by Balint Szarka
  • Like 1

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

This uninstall and reinstall client malarkay is a gimmick when you have a ton of addons, or people are not computer savvy enough.

For the majority, uninstalling the four parts of P3D and then reinstalling them will leave little or nothing else to do, unless the addon has replaced default files. Even then, only the addons that have done that need to be reinstalled. This should take only several minutes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Reader said:

For the majority, uninstalling the four parts of P3D and then reinstalling them will leave little or nothing else to do, unless the addon has replaced default files. Even then, only the addons that have done that need to be reinstalled. This should take only several minutes.

Yes. I'm not sure why anyone would need to reinstall all kinds of addons after a full update. Most use the external xml-method and even those that still sit in the main P3D folder can just be left there as long as P3D is reinstalled into the same directory. Doing a full P3D reinstall takes 10 minutes tops for me with no addon actually reinstalled.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

7 hours ago, kand said:

Broken clouds sat over the OC layer in the UK on a hot summer day

2021-6-10-15-59-43-495.jpg

I see your waffle and raise you a waffle with repetitive holes...

fJDaFIp.jpg

• Like 3

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I have a conundrum gents!. 5.2 installed all works as expected and advertised. No glitches no problems. Working my way through my addon aicraft I now find 2 only 2 cause a mysterious CTD. Both were FSX port overs and worked without issues in 5.1 Both have proper internal models, 64 bit guages, sound etc. They appear in the vehicle menu, but when selected then go to airport the screen opens goes dark, no scenery loader appears and CTD after about 15 seconds. No error messages, no problems in the content log file and nothing in the WIN10 event logs to even indicate the sim crashed!. Starts again and runs no issues at all but these, moved them out, ran the sim, put them back in, checked the files permissions etc etc, same outcome. Now one is an old Jens Kristensen model, his others that were converted all work fine. The other is the KBT L-188 again worked fine ported with fixes.This one has me stumped! Anybody have any ideas I am all out of them!

FWIW it seems that there is something different in the way 5.2 is interpreting or reading some mdl files. I have narrowed the issue down to the way 5.2 manages the model configuration data. It seems there is something about the interior models for both these aircraft (and only these 2) that causes this null void response from 5,2 When 5.2 loads it starts loading the aircraft interior model, panel, gauges etc then the scenery weather etc. It is not reading these files properly or cannot for some reason. Why at the moment I have no idea nor can trace further. There is never a error message or event error log recorded, just a CTD or into the null box voiding the application. Happens literally in a blink no warning!

I did some investigations about my DXGI Device Hung Errors in v5.2. With default planes planes it works, no problems. With Addon aircrafts like Maddog (offical update released) and for example the NGXU I get this errors. My specs: AMD Ryzen 5900X / Radeon 6900XT

default aircraft with EA = ok 

Addon aircraft with EA = Device Hung

Can someone confirm this issue?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

50 minutes ago, airlinetycoon said:

I did some investigations about my DXGI Device Hung Errors in v5.2. With default planes planes it works, no problems. With Addon aircrafts like Maddog (offical update released) and for example the NGXU I get this errors. My specs: AMD Ryzen 5900X / Radeon 6900XT

My experience may help you. First I made a client and content update to 5.2, it was bad, got DXGI errors every session and few other issues like effects not getting installed, very strange. So decided  to make a fresh install deleting every p3d folder as described in p3d's PDF. All fixed for me. So may be you could try this, hope it helps. (I'm with GTX 1080 Ti though)

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, airlinetycoon said:

I have a very similar system (5800+ 6900) and I'm having lots of DGXI hangs with the F22 as well as the maddog especially with heavy scenery (EBBR EHAM for instance). Things were relatively stable on 5.1.

I'm using the 21.5.2  drivers. Perhaps it's an AMD thing

Hello everyone. Just decided to upgrade my 5.1 to 5.2 due to it’s now can be enable EA and disable waffle clouds. So, can I just update client, or I should do more steps to get 5.2? 
Can someone please write this step by step what to do? (it may also help for others).

i7 8700K @4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero | G.Skill TridentZ 4x8GB @3700Mhz | ROG Strix OC RTX 3080 Ti