Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.2 is out now

46 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Ahhh I'm glad it's not just me.  I had exactly the same issue as you on my first flight. 

Are you sure it's not down to gsync and variable refresh rate setting? 

That was going to be my first troubleshooting step tomorrow. 

I didn't think it might be html.  Who they going to blame on.  Dx12 again? 

They also havnt fixed the text box stutter issue, or the full screen dx12 issue when using fstramp for example.  Didnt check the vector data in Canada i wanted fixed

You didn't Eric think for one minute they would test something throughly as important as right click and  changing views did you?   

Do try and keep up. No one checks stuff properly anymore, they get the punters to do it for them afterwards after they release too early. 

Still at least the VR works for 10 percent of users (non military) who use VR.  Oh yeah and the quick fix on the bridges which must of taken all of whopping whole  day to fix... 

I give up. I really do 

My first flight, I landed and the Brakes text alone which comes on with the autobrake caused the screen to go black. Has nothing to do with gsync or variable refresh rate (don't use either). They put all message and menu stuff in HTML5 code for 5.2. As a workaround, I've disabled the brakes and parking brake messages in the UI settings and now that works okay as they don't show and thus, no black screen.  Before right clicking on the screen,  have to go to windowed mode. I hope @mpo910 is letting LM know about this serious issue that needs a HF.

Eric 

Rob from LM advised tonight (a Saturday night at 7pm Eastern time was his post time which tells me they are very serious about fixing this) they are trying to sort out this HTML5 issue and the freezing of the sim/black screens and messed up text windows. Please post on the referenced thread with ANY info that can help them. They are looking for input. 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=142614&start=30

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

They also mentioned a possible workaround for now. By renaming theAppMenu.html file in the Prepar3D v5/HTML5 directory, you can force v5.2 to using the former scaleform format. Trying it now.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

My first flight, I landed and the Brakes text alone which comes on with the autobrake caused the screen to go black. Has nothing to do with gsync or variable refresh rate (don't use either). They put all message and menu stuff in HTML5 code for 5.2. As a workaround, I've disabled the brakes and parking brake messages in the UI settings and now that works okay as they don't show and thus, no black screen.  Before right clicking on the screen,  have to go to windowed mode. I hope @mpo910 is letting LM know about this serious issue that needs a HF.

I'll have this issues too. It's html. LM is working on this but this is a very hard and difficult bug to find as they aren't able to replicate this on their screens.  Not every beta tester had this bug. In fact, just 3 or 4 out of many. 

I did recommend LM to put a lot of effort in debugging because I knew this would become a huge issue when you users a getting released this one. And exactly this happened, they have released it. 

Ask @simbol and @Rob_Ainscough how much tickets we have opened and how often we have told LM to check this. But LM wasn't able to replicate. 

Why they release this anyway? That's probably their management and NOT the devs. That's always the case even at my main Job. Management pushes a lot. Maybe here due some other huge customers military or B2B.

So we are still in contact with LM and I saw many issues about this over at their own forum. 

They will check this and hopefully find a way to replicate it and debug it. 

As a workaround disable the messages via the menu. This will at least temp give You a better experience. I so this myself too at the moment. 

Or rename the HTML file as suggested by LM to force the system to use the old scaleform technique. 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I give up. I really do

Sure you give up? I'm curious and bet you don't. 

they fixed the bridges indeed. The stutter they are working on. 

So when that's solved there is one issue left which bothers you really as I understood you.

VR...yes. Their huge main military and some B2B customers use VR. So they have to get that work properly. You and I are not that important as they are. This is called prioritizing. Sarcasm off 

The bridges fix wasn't that easy at all. You clearly have no clue.  And you know why? They want to fix something WITHOUT braking another working item. Buzzword.....Backwards compatible. That's what a lot of users asking for. They listened to that.

Imagine what happens when they brake this mindset AND devs aren't willing to update? Indeed.....You have MSFS to fly....but nothing else (on behalve xplane)

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

They also mentioned a possible workaround for now. By renaming theAppMenu.html file in the Prepar3D v5/HTML5 directory, you can force v5.2 to using the former scaleform format. Trying it now.

Anything specific we need to rename it too? 

Thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

29 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Sure you give up? I'm curious and bet you don't. 

they fixed the bridges indeed. The stutter they are working on. 

So when that's solved there is one issue left which bothers you really as I understood you.

VR...yes. Their huge main military and some B2B customers use VR. So they have to get that work properly. You and I are not that important as they are. This is called prioritizing. Sarcasm off 

The bridges fix wasn't that easy at all. You clearly have no clue.  And you know why? They want to fix something WITHOUT braking another working item. Buzzword.....Backwards compatible. That's what a lot of users asking for. They listened to that.

Imagine what happens when they brake this mindset AND devs aren't willing to update? Indeed.....You have MSFS to fly....but nothing else (on behalve xplane)

Marcus

I give up  because every single developer keeps releasing with out PROPER INDEPTH TESTING. 

LM, aerosoft, pmdg, qw, orbx. 

And each time its bloody obvious glaring issues not small ones,  be that be this issue with changing views or the file they missed out in the installers, 

To pmdg releasing a 777 that didn't fly, to aerosoft releasing Airports with runways that don't exist to Orbx constantly releasing Gayasim trash. 

The bit that makes me pull my hair out each time, is consumers like us find this issues within Hours of release yet and these developers cant find them in weeks of testing.  It's sheer laziness and absolute contemp of the customer.  It's disgusting. 

I said before and I'll say it again, I'd be over at ms2020 in 20 minutes if there was any decent payware addon aircraft. 

I give my hard earned money to LM (a company that make billions and billions).   And they can't even be bothered to check that something as pertinent as 'changing views'  works correctly. 

It would be like an airline taking everyone's money and giving them a seat without a tray table and expect them to eat off their laps. 

It's peoples hard earn money they have, not government contracts.  If they don't want to support simmers don't sell it to them and take their money. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Is the stutter when changing views a known bug? I'm in the cockpit, getting 70 FPS with 4GB/11GB VRAM usage, tap S to change to external view and the whole sim freezes for between one and 15 seconds. Sometimes I even get the blue circle spinning.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

17 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Is the stutter when changing views a known bug? I'm in the cockpit, getting 70 FPS with 4GB/11GB VRAM usage, tap S to change to external view and the whole sim freezes for between one and 15 seconds. Sometimes I even get the blue circle spinning.

Hello.

im not getting the stutter just the black screen, tap the mouse and its gone.  im going to be trying it now with the renamed html

14ppkc-6.png

Honestly, besides the above mentioned EA cloud quirks etc, I have zero problems with this version. It performs way better than 5.1 ever did - not a single crash, and no stutters/black screens as some are having. I am pretty happy. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Honestly, besides the above mentioned EA cloud quirks etc, I have zero problems with this version. It performs way better than 5.1 ever did - not a single crash, and no stutters/black screens as some are having. I am pretty happy. 

Be carefull with positive statements here. Not always appreciated 🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Anything specific we need to rename it too? 

Thanks 

just put .off at the end.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I am very happy with 5.2 so far.. I reinstalled client and content only, not scenery.. everything seems to be working well.. VRAM usage gone down (not that it mattered since I have RTX 3090), and sim is better optimized than before.. DX12 was already awesome even in 5.1..

and new lighting reflections are awesome.. 

yes i did have the bugs that everyone is talking about (black screen, HTML bugs, GSX menu options, etc) and after following the workaround (renaming app html file), those issues are gone.. 

there was a stutter i got during touchdown yesterday, and now that's solved too after renaming fx_skidmark.. 

I just did traffic circuits with QW787 in FT EHAM with ORBX LC.. I was getting close to 60 FPS on final in the VC view.. that is pretty impressive for a sim that inherited its roots from FSX.. I remember back in my FSX days, getting low 20s flying into EHAM.. we have come a long way.. 

• Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

I am very happy with 5.2 so far.. I reinstalled client and content only, not scenery.. everything seems to be working well.. VRAM usage gone down (not that it mattered since I have RTX 3090), and sim is better optimized than before.. DX12 was already awesome even in 5.1..

and new lighting reflections are awesome.. 

yes i did have the bugs that everyone is talking about (black screen, HTML bugs, GSX menu options, etc) and after following the workaround (renaming app html file), those issues are gone.. 

there was a stutter i got during touchdown yesterday, and now that's solved too after renaming fx_skidmark.. 

I just did traffic circuits with QW787 in FT EHAM with ORBX LC.. I was getting close to 60 FPS on final in the VC view.. that is pretty impressive for a sim that inherited its roots from FSX.. I remember back in my FSX days, getting low 20s flying into EHAM.. we have come a long way.. 

To be fair look at your system specs...  Systems have come pretty far in 10 years too 😉  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

have this issues too. It's html. LM is working on this but this is a very hard and difficult bug to find as they aren't able to replicate this on their screens.  Not every beta tester had this bug. In fact, just 3 or 4 out of many. 

I did recommend LM to put a lot of effort in debugging because I knew this would become a huge issue when you users a getting released this one. And exactly this happened, they have released it. 

Ask @simbol and @Rob_Ainscough how much tickets we have opened and how often we have told LM to check this. But LM wasn't able to replicate. 

Why they release this anyway?

Hi everyone,

We tested and tested, reported and reported, they could not replicate it.. As a developer I understand their position if you cannot replicate an issue you cannot fix it.. How? Put random code and hope for the best? We have to be sensible here.

They need more data probably to narrow this down..

But the perspective we shall all have here is, is it V5.2 an overall improvement from 5.0? I believe it is.

It will continue to move forward, like all the current platforms.. 

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1