Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.2 is out now

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try:  HDR=On (0.85/0.05/0.97), DynRef=off

Just tried your settings.

it’s the same with hdr off thou darker cockpit with hdr enabled.

cheers 

mike

5 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I don't notice any real difference... Not in VRAM and not in FPS.

You should see a drastic reduction in VRAM usage. FPS is mostly the same as before which was already pretty good owing to DX12.

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Just curious if anyone has tested ProATC with the 5.2

Another question - do I have to have a specific Nvidia Driver for my 2080Ti? I'm coming from 4.5HF3 and I haven't changed a driver since 2019, i guess.

Thanks

From my perspective performance is a little bit worse and the updates have limited appeal to me. I mean somewhat cool to be able to have ea but without the clouds. However I suspect I’ll prefer to do envshade and hdr/ea off. They should have put more work on the gpu. Either way I don’t really get that this update took this long. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

You should see a drastic reduction in VRAM usage. FPS is mostly the same as before which was already pretty good owing to DX12.

I'm honestly not really sure I see one... But I also don't really remember what it used to be, to be honest. I still can't really go with 2048 textures because it still nearly starves my VRAM at PBR airports, so... whatever improvement there was, I'm not sure that it's all that useful for me...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Just did my first night flight in 5.2 with EA on. Finally! It looked amazing and none of that weird orange glow areas I was getting with 5.1… Well done! I am really starting to love this version more and more. And truthfully, since it came out, I spent a lot of time in P3D again. 

4 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Just did my first night flight in 5.2 with EA on. Finally! It looked amazing and none of that weird orange glow areas I was getting with 5.1… Well done! I am really starting to love this version more and more. And truthfully, since it came out, I spent a lot of time in P3D again. 

Are you not getting the freeze on view changes?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

4 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I agree...Has breathed new life into Prepar3d for me...Now looks amazing...

Well done LM on this occasion...

Dave

When I got freeze on view change (first hour after update to 5.2), I just deleted old shaders, and freezes gone (maybe this was not the solve), but I haven’t seen them since 

i7 8700K @4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero | G.Skill TridentZ 4x8GB @3700Mhz | ROG Strix OC RTX 3080 Ti

5 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Are you not getting the freeze on view changes?

No - no freezes on anything. I literally have had ZERO issues with it besides the cosmetic EA/AS clouds deal with the waffles. This is both when I upgraded from 5.1 to 5.2 (full package uninstall/reinstall with all addons remaining) and when I did the fresh install of 5.2... The only problem I had was corruption of dll.xml file after the fresh install so it killed the PMDG 737's HUD, so PMDG had to edit my file and send it back to me - apparently, the corruption of that thing is a common issue (it inserts a couple of extra characters on the first line that breaks the syntax)

On 6/14/2021 at 5:04 AM, BWBriscoe said:

but still have freezes when switching views

Same here, I'm not sure the HTML is tied to long pauses with view switching.  But I'm thoroughly confused at this point.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

On 6/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, G-YMML1 said:

Just curious if anyone has tested ProATC with the 5.2

Worked well for me.  Loving the update!  5.2 is great.  If you are having FPS issues checked the thread at the top of the forum.  

Anyone else getting shadows popping in and out while panning ? I’ve just departed KIAD at dawn and getting this .

i don’t recall getting this with 5.1 hf2

cheers

mike