Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Help - busted my install of the Aerosoft CRJ

It all started with the AS updater not recognising I have the Aerosoft CRJ installed therefore couldn't update to latest build.  In my attempt to fix it I now can't even see the CRJ in the Sim to fly at all.

I've posted over at the Aerosoft forums but slow response so far, wondered if any of you fine knowledgeable people could help me please

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164525-as-updater-doesnt-detect-crj/&tab=comments#comment-1045467

Cheers!

Thomas Derbyshire

You cannot update it. Delete the version you have and download the new version, a full new install. 
The updater app most of the time is a waste of time.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You cannot update it. Delete the version you have and download the new version, a full new install. 
The updater app most of the time is a waste of time.

Thanks that's what I have done, to remove the CRJ I deleted the folder from Community and removed the Aerosoft folder from \Documents?  

After a reinstall using the full build from my account at Aerosoft I don't see the CRJ at all in the AIRLINERS section from the Aircraft selection in the Sim, hmmm?  However the full build on the shop is out of date, it is 1.0.3.0, we are now on 1.0.5.0 which apparently is only available via AS updater.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

ok so I have just removed everything again from community folder and cleared out the Aerosoft folder from \Documents which contained the AS updater.  I then used the full build from the shop to download the installer.

I can now see the CRJ in the sim but I'm running 1.0.3.0 which is the full build from the aerosoft shop.  It says in "instant downloads" 1.0.5.0 is available via AS Updater but I am back to my original problem, when I launch AS Updater it doesn't detect the CRJ so can't update to latest version, very frustating!

Thomas Derbyshire

did you also follow this and delete that folder for a more complete uninstall?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160373-resetting-the-aircraft/

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

12 hours ago, DAD said:

did you also follow this and delete that folder for a more complete uninstall?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160373-resetting-the-aircraft/

Tried that!  Found a thread with the same issue and look at the sarcasm I received!  Ok I had a bit myself with my 20 min comment but to reply that way to a paying customer is frankly outrageous!  😈

The moderator basically laughed in my face and closed the topic.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164537-asupdater-issues/

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Tried that!  Found a thread with the same issue and look at the sarcasm I received!  Ok I had a bit myself with my 20 min comment but to reply that way to a paying customer is frankly outrageous!  😈

I'm having very similar issues with my ASUpdater too. I submitted a ticket and posted a thread, I've received no response in three days. Atrocious support. I was also railroaded by the Mods when I dared to point out that the CRJ had major performance issues for some users when it first released. I for one am not buying another Aerosoft product via their website. I did find a solution, however. 

Download the Contrail client: https://getcontrail.com/

Install the utility and it should recognize that you have Aerosoft products installed (you might need to create a new Contrail library via the settings section). It will allow you to update all your Aerosoft products even if you didn't purchase them through their client. The 1.0.5.0 update for the CRJ just dropped last night! 

Screw AS support! 

Edited by liamp51
  • Like 2

Former Child, Current Adult

10 hours ago, sidfadc said:

This is not acceptable manners from any companies to laugh out of court a customer who ask he to solve his problem. Aero$oft is most arrogant and badliest company with their ways to handle customers.

They concentrate now a two new planes before an other companies get ready their quality products. Aero$sott try to collect as much money as possible and I'm sure those two new aircratf to be as unfinished product as CRJ 550/700.

I'm so angry as I read mr. Kock's LOL-post to @sidfadc and reason of that I have so hard to find a right words to describe about what I feel.

But yes - this always has been Aero$oft ways to their customers who fort some problem. They never admit that fault is their side. CRJ is unfinished product and mr. Kock don't care - he just laugh. I will avoid their forums as much possible.

Rolf Niemi

13 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Ok I had a bit myself with my 20 min comment but to reply that way to a paying customer is frankly outrageous!

Ah, so you think sucking up to customers who are being obnoxious know-betters is the better approach?

Then take your business to the U.S., where that kind of culture is more prevalent. 😉

Funny how all the aerosoft threads are getting locked because they always end up discussing the terrible customer service. At least we regularly get to see their pratices on display pretty often so newcomers may be adviced. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Ah, so you think sucking up to customers who are being obnoxious know-betters is the better approach?

Then take your business to the U.S., where that kind of culture is more prevalent. 😉

This Kok fellow deliberately misinterpreted the 20 minute statement and then goes off on a completely irrelevant tangent and harps on it multiple times instead of providing any actually useful support. 

They should just get their stuff in order. If you can't provide updates through your updater for some of your customer, spent that 20 hours making a new build before releasing the update. That way you don't leave some of your customers in the dust. Has nothing to do with sucking up or being rude, just managing your business right and valuing the customers who indirectly pay your bills. 

A lot of the time this Kok fellow just blows paying customers off with "It works for many others, not our problem it doesn't work for you, thread locked."

Sorry you had to deal with that guy, but at least there should now be a full new 1.0.0.5 installer, or whatever version it was.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, liamp51 said:

It will allow you to update all your Aerosoft products even if you didn't purchase them through their client.

How's that? Tried it too with the CRJ in either official or custom folder, it was "detected" but greyed out in Contrails. Well, maybe because I already did download the v1.0.5. before through marketplace so nothing really to update. 

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Look I work as a manager for a large software company in the Customer Service teams and the way my query was handled was just wrong and inappropriate.  I wasn’t rude I was just frustrated because there IS clearly a problem with the AS updated because I read 3 posts before mine on page 1 of the forums.   My comment about 20 mins was flippant but the basic disregard for my problem and the way he just laughed in my face to a paying customer is unacceptable.  Call it however you want but that’s the last time I do business with Aerosoft.

He just locked the thread immediately because he knew he was being a douche.  Terrible way to earn loyalty.

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire