Sign in to follow this  
sivart2000

Next issue; framerate, coords, gpu usage

Shift + z does not toggle the coords, gpu usage, fps etc on. Also Alt enter doesn't toggle full screen. Both issues since V5.2

Edited by sivart2000
word misplelled

@sivart2000, have you reported this on the LM P3D forum?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, sivart2000 said:

Shift + z does not toggle the coords, gpu usage, fps etc on. Also Alt enter doesn't toggle full screen. Both issues since V5.2

On my system, Shift+Z is no longer working also, but Alt+Enter still works.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

On my end Shift-Z does bring up the usual, but in a modern white font vs the old fsx era red font. You may have to press the combination more than once to get it to show up.

2 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

On my end Shift-Z does bring up the usual, but in a modern white font vs the old fsx era red font. You may have to press the combination more than once to get it to show up.

My guess is that the modern white font is not installed via the Client, but via the Content..  Just a guess. 😉

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

My guess is that the modern white font is not installed via the Client, but via the Content..  Just a guess. 😉

Looks that way as over on the P3D forum people have restored it by installing the new content.

3 minutes ago, sivart2000 said:

Looks that way as over on the P3D forum people have restored it by installing the new content.

OK, who is the first to provide a download link for the required font? 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Add this to P3d gauges folder ( replacing original file) and the new font and shift + z comes back even without updating content.

https://cloud.prepar3d.com/files/missionpanels.cfg

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=142566&start=15

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Installed 5.2.

(full version) no any issue with this, Shift+Z works for me and I see info about FPS etc.

qIs4kuy.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, sivart2000 said:

If you follow the recommendation to install all three parts and at least delete Prepar3D.cfg and the P3D v5 shaders, the installation will go well and both those features will work, exactly as they did before.

If you decide to go down your own path, it may well be that when you have finished, some elements of the simulator will not work as LM intend.

These are not "issues" with P3D v5.2 and you should not waste their time and yours by reporting them as such.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Reader said:

These are not "issues" with P3D v5.2.

They are.

Edited by costamesa
Grammar correction
  • Like 1

Ahmet Can

As it is the case that if P3D v5 is updated in the recommended way, these two continue to work, it would appear that they are not universal issues but individual ones.

Edited by Reader
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Reader said:

As it is the case that if P3D v5 is updated in the recommended way, these two continue to work, it would appear that they are not universal issues but individual ones.

Thats true.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I did complete reinstall, shift+z works, but sim freezes before the text shows up, also when text is displayed, like BRAKES, it causes stuttering. I will try reporting this in their forum. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q