Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Faulty install caused a massive perf hit for AIG Ai in v5.2?

In 5.1, I was getting 26+ FPS with 50 AIG aircraft at FlyTampa's KLAS. I use AI Companion to limit traffic. 

Now, in 5.2, I'm getting *7* FPS with the same number of AI. If I turn off AI, my fps goes to 40+. 

Anyone else seeing something similar?

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Topic title amended as original was misleading.

Same for me. A bit better now  that I have set fps to unlimited until FFTF comes out

Edited by vincentrouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Same for me here...! 

45 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

Same for me. A bit better now  that I have set fps to unlimited until FFTF comes out

28 minutes ago, LarsA said:

Same for me here...! 

I did some more testing and tried letting the P3D client installer rebuild the ShadersHLSL folder. So, try moving that folder from your P3D folder and uninstall and reinstall the 5.2 client. I was using Envshade so there may have been a conflict between those shaders and what 5.2 was trying to install. Give it a try. 

I see the same thing with AIG.  Without I am 30FPS Locked with any traffic drops to >5FPS.   Something is up.  I loaded the client, content, and scenery not complete reinstall.  I left everything at P3D presets.  I only moved AITraffic to 50. I use AIG

Edited by markmasterson

All my AI is installed by hand and my framerates are all over the place. I was at FlyTampa Las Vegas and my framerates were as low as 1 or 2 and as high as 75. I disabled the AI and my framerates were still all over the place.

Edited by Joseph29

Update.  I have up to 4K with most configurations either ultra or close to Ultra.  Flying with ORBX NorthernCalifornia out KSFO (FlightBeam). Amazing.  Smooth 30FPS locked by Nivida Control.  No pauses (This is the biggest difference).   Ok so I have no traffic.  I love AIG.  But if I get this experience I will be patient until someone figures out what is wrong with AI.   I don't think it is AIG with Joseph29 reporting hand loaded AI.   Must be the engine (AI) in P3D

Good: 1) remove envshade , 2) re-uninstall client , 3) remove ShadersHLSL , 4)reinstall client

Back to 70 FPS on FlyTampa CYUL with all AIG Traffic + AiCull limiter

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

UT Live doesn't seem to affect performance in 5.2.  It's as good as it was in 5.1, perhaps even smoother.  I had several flights tonight in 5.2 and I'm extremely pleased (at this point) in performance and overall smoothness.

Stan

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip on the AIG traffic.

After installing the Client, Content then Scenery, I loaded up P3D and adjusted my settings.

Performance at a stock airport was less than 10 fps using a Carenado (low demand) aircraft.

Disabled the AIG and the performance was back to normal. Loaded into a 3rd Party scenery and still OK.

Definitely looks like a problem/conflict with AIG.

Rob

Just now, rmeier said:

Thanks for the tip on the AIG traffic.

After installing the Client, Content then Scenery, I loaded up P3D and adjusted my settings.

Performance at a stock airport was less than 10 fps using a Carenado (low demand) aircraft.

Disabled the AIG and the performance was back to normal. Loaded into a 3rd Party scenery and still OK.

Definitely looks like a problem/conflict with AIG.

Rob

Did you try the steps that worked for me below?

49 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I did some more testing and tried letting the P3D client installer rebuild the ShadersHLSL folder. So, try moving that folder from your P3D folder and uninstall and reinstall the 5.2 client. I was using Envshade so there may have been a conflict between those shaders and what 5.2 was trying to install. Give it a try. 

I also confirm, clean the ShadersHlsl and removing envshade, the performanfe with all AIG/AIFlights reborn is now much better then with 5.1. With EA volumetric clouds also.

• Upvote 1

Vincent Rouleau

I don't have Envshade?   If  you reload the client don't you have to do content, and scenery again?

AIG OCI was tested dwith P3Dv5.2 without performance impact (actual performance gain).

1) Perform a full reinstall (Client, Content, Scenery)

2) Delete Generated Files (via batch file)

3) Disable all other addons

4) Start P3Dv5 again

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png