Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Faulty install caused a massive perf hit for AIG Ai in v5.2?

50 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Could we change the thread title to "Foozled installation having a massive perf hit in V5.2"?

I agree on this indeed. 

Mods? Can you change this please? The title is simply misleading a bit 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

“Foozled”? If I knew what it meant I would. Perhaps another word would help?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Of course.....Faulty installation ..

Or..

Envshade has performance impact on AIG at P3D 5.2 because it's not updated yet

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

AIG OCI was tested dwith P3Dv5.2 without performance impact (actual performance gain).

1) Perform a full reinstall (Client, Content, Scenery)

2) Delete Generated Files (via batch file)

3) Disable all other addons

4) Start P3Dv5 again

Kaiii3, can I ask why you recommend a full reinstall for a point update of the Client? Doesn’t that negate the whole point of P3D being a modular product? 

Other users appear to have overcome the low fps issue by deleting the Shaders contents and just reinstalling the Client.

With v4 I only ever updated the Client and never had any of these problems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good question Ray, I would really rather not 😏

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Topic title amended which will hopefully help concerned AIG users.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

on a different topic ray, how do you put all your PC info at the the bottom of your posts , iam trying to do it now ?

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

24 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Maybe sanfued / mulled / muffed ...

Not a native speaker, i had to search for an english translation of "verhunzt".

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 minute ago, JoeFackel said:

Maybe sanfued / mulled / muffed ...

Not a native speaker, i had to search for an english translation of "verhunzt".

Are you German like me? I had a laugh as I read verhunzt.....translation goes lost on that for sure 🙂

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Folks,

5.2 changed lots of stuff in terms of shaders, if you have any add-on that changes the source ShaderHSL files and this is not updated.. you will kill your 5.2 performance.

Ai Lights Reborn operates outside the sim and it doesn't touch any base files, however please update it to version 1.35 as per my post on my dedicated forums section. This will ensure the correct changes on an "injected" not "replaced" shader file for effects particles is used properly.

@Kaiii3 and @mpo910 (thanks for that!) tested AILRP with 5.2 + AIGM-OCI during the entire P3D beta process and performance wise for both add-ons were always perfect.

Best,
S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Are you German like me?

I feel offended by that. Why? See location on the left 😉

Edited by JoeFackel

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Just now, JoeFackel said:

I feel offended by that. Why? See location on the left 😉

I was on mobile AVSIM browsing...location is not visible...I'll checked it now at your profile.....and I must Apologize 🙂

ARe you German speaking like me? 🙂 would have bin better. Aber Danke Joe.....habe sehr  gelacht. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

48 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Topic title amended which will hopefully help concerned AIG users.

•  
  • Members
  • 130 posts

on a different topic ray, how do you put all your PC info at the the bottom of your posts , iam trying to do it now ?

6 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

2) Delete Generated Files (via batch file)

Which batch file? Where exactly?

Thanks.

Just now, Dirk98 said:

Which batch file? Where exactly?

Thanks.

In the p3d root directory....it's called deletegeneratedfiles.bat if I recall correctly. But I'm not having access to my pc at the moment

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png