Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Faulty install caused a massive perf hit for AIG Ai in v5.2?

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Folks,

5.2 changed lots of stuff in terms of shaders, if you have any add-on that changes the source ShaderHSL files and this is not updated.. you will kill your 5.2 performance.

Ai Lights Reborn operates outside the sim and it doesn't touch any base files, however please update it to version 1.35 as per my post on my dedicated forums section. This will ensure the correct changes on an "injected" not "replaced" shader file for effects particles is used properly.

@Kaiii3 and @mpo910 (thanks for that!) tested AILRP with 5.2 + AIGM-OCI during the entire P3D beta process and performance wise for both add-ons were always perfect.

Best,
S.

I don't think I have anything that changes the source ShaderHSL files but what are some programs that will change those files?

1 minute ago, Joseph29 said:

I don't think I have anything that changes the source ShaderHSL files but what are some programs that will change those files?

I don't know.. PTA was an example.. I really don't know how all available 3rd party add-ons work.. there are so many lol

Disable your add-ons.. and test one by one.. basic troubleshot steps..

S.

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

I don't know.. PTA was an example.. I really don't know how all available 3rd party add-ons work.. there are so many lol

Disable your add-ons.. and test one by one.. basic troubleshot steps..

S.

I am not having any troubles with v5.2, I was just asking incase I do have anything that will change the source ShaderHSL files and I will not install it now (I have some airport addons that I need to reinstall)

21 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

Envshade

PTA (not supported anymore I think)

Tomatoshade

Rex Environment Force

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I was using Envshade with 5.1, did complete reinstall, is ShaderHSL folder restored or does it still have some envshade leftovers?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Kaiii3, can I ask why you recommend a full reinstall for a point update of the Client? Doesn’t that negate the whole point of P3D being a modular product? 

Other users appear to have overcome the low fps issue by deleting the Shaders contents and just reinstalling the Client.

With v4 I only ever updated the Client and never had any of these problems.

Over the past there have been issues when users running missmatched P3Dv5 Parts, thats the main reason to always suggest a full system wide version of P3D. LM sometimes moves files from one installer to a new one (in 5.2 it was the effects that got moved from content to client IIRC). -> Basically "keep your system clean and consistend"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

4 hours ago, sonny147 said:

on a different topic ray, how do you put all your PC info at the the bottom of your posts , iam trying to do it now ?

Sonny, go to your account settings and then on the left choose Signature. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, mpo910 said:

In the p3d root directory....it's called deletegeneratedfiles.bat if I recall correctly. But I'm not having access to my pc at the moment

Isn’t that the nuclear option? I ran it in the early days of P3D and it wiped my scenery.cfg resulting in me having to add the entries all again.

I would keep away from that unless you still have issues. It wipes all your config files essentially emulating a virgin install.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

26 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Isn’t that the nuclear option? I ran it in the early days of P3D and it wiped my scenery.cfg resulting in me having to add the entries all again.

I would keep away from that unless you still have issues. It wipes all your config files essentially emulating a virgin install.

Although it´s not really nuclear I do understand what Ray is saying.

This is what I do almost all the times.

I call this DeleteGeneratedFiles Light (very light!)

Just select the blue marked files and folders and delete.

P3D will build new ones when starting the sim!

You don´t loose any addon/scenery and addon/scenery entries like also not have to resync ORBX again!

eH0qcUL.pngI0pGPyR.pngG6YBaH1.png

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Marcus, do you have all those files listed in a batch file? 😳

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ya Marcus, how do you do that? I don't know anything about batch files.

Eric 

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Ya Marcus, how do you do that? I don't know anything about batch files.

Here you go. A text file containing MS-DOS commands executed by double-clicking it. It requires a .bat extension.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-and-run-batch-file-windows-10

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Marcus, do you have all those files listed in a batch file? 😳

No...I've not done that. No time

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

No...I've not done that. No time

Given the sheer number involved how on earth do you remember which to include / exclude?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Given the sheer number involved how on earth do you remember which to include / exclude?

I have to to this 3 to 5 times a week.....LM beta.....

In fact...you only have to remember those who not have to be delated....that's not that much...

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png