Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Xbox release next week.....

its a rumour, it could happen, it could not..

i am more interested in the dx12 update for pc.

• Like 7

Let them release it and then go on working on DX 12, a more enhanced SDK and multi monitor support.

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Oh, it's June 10th, huh. Well that doesn't leave a lot of time for testing the performance update that will launch for PC alongside the Xbox release....Unless the special beta started and I missed it. We'll probably find out later today since today is the start of Summer Game Fest.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

17 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Let them release it and then go on working on DX 12

I thought the next beta test that is opening soon is for DX12? 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

The X-Box release will be very interesting for 3rd party devs that sell on the MSFS marketplace.  In a nutshell, it's just additional revenue for 3rd party devs already selling in the MSFS marketplace.  My guess is, this will further entice more 3rd party devs (especially the scenery developers) to prioritize MSFS.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I do remember seeing a 'trailer' mentioned in last week's Dev update. It could be the XBOX trailer, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Shouldn't Avsim set up a sub for the poor souls going the XboX way ? I say yes 😈

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

10 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Shouldn't Avsim set up a sub for the poor souls going the XboX way ? I say yes 😈

Maybe for the hardware side.

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

15 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Why? The sim is identical between PC and XBOX from what they’ve told us.

Maybe at the least require Xbox threads to say Xbox in the title.

Edited by Tuskin38

34 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I thought the next beta test that is opening soon is for DX12? 

That’s just a rumour.

I think they would have mentioned a DX12 requirement if that were the case. Unless there’s going to be performance optimizations that don’t require it.

Edited by Tuskin38

Said August on their site not long ago...

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Yeah I wouldn’t expect a release, but the announcement of a release date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

That’s just a rumour.

I think they would have mentioned a DX12 requirement in the sign up if that were the cases. Unless there’s going to be performance optimizations that don’t require it.

The version being released will have to work across both DX12 and DX11 devices so if the idea is to test the release in general not  just the DX12 bit then it would make sense having a mixture of capabilities in the test.

Edited by Matchstick