Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

Very dark cockpit in 5.2

8 minutes ago, Cedric Sin said:

I used the code, and it works nicely, but the contrast is indeed slightly lower than what I'd like. Is there any way to tune the contrast achieve a somewhat in-between look?

I just turned off all shadows in settings and my cockpit just lit up with the tweak mentioned above.

or  just turn off internal cast and receive 

mike

Edited by mikeymike

1 hour ago, Cedric Sin said:

I used the code, and it works nicely, but the contrast is indeed slightly lower than what I'd like. Is there any way to tune the contrast achieve a somewhat in-between look?

That was exactly my impression when I tested this shaders mod. BTW, very grateful for it for sure, What the mod give us but half would be great IMHO.

Sergio Naiberg

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Wow what a difference that made.

and tell me why LM and beta testers couldn’t  figure this out earlier???

Something as simple as this. Come on!!!’

mike

Hi,

I made that mod, and it is not surprising that beta testers could not "figure this out" earlier - it is simply not their job and they don't have to have that very specific knowledge about graphics programming. About LM... It is not surprising that they went with ACES instead of Uncharted 2 - ACES tonemapper is industry standard, for a good reason, but it requires a good quality HDR input for output to look good. Prepar3D has been shifting towards physically based lighting equations more and more, which increases the "quality" of HDR input. Until the transition is complete, this workaround should be fine. Though even with a good quality HDR input, I still find ACES too hard and contrasty for flight simulators, but it really depends on artistic choices of the developer.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 5

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

2 hours ago, Cedric Sin said:

You can increase shoulder_strength, it is 0.22 by default but values up to 0.50 should give good-looking results.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

17 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

You can increase shoulder_strength, it is 0.22 by default but values up to 0.50 should give good-looking results.

Nice work with the shader mod, hope LM bring you on board to assist 🙂

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks to @BiologicalNanobot  very nice mod. 

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

3 hours ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Thanks a lot buddy, great job !

Sergio Naiberg

3 hours ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Thanks mate, I think I got my sweet spot and I could use chaseplane to adjust the HDR settings for the best look.

Regards,

C Schaffhausen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

5 hours ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Many thanks for this mod! The cockpits look much better, while the exterior keeps the EA v5 feeling. 

I still need to find a good balance for the nighttime, which is still a bit bright with higher values. But I am sure that I can find a good balance between the exterior and the cockpit with your suggestion. 

• Like 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

I made that mod

You are a real jewel of the community, sir.
Thank you so much!

Mod from @BiologicalNanobot is great for day flights but at night in EA mode, the clouds are lit like it is the beginning stages of dawn or dusk even though the moon phase is at 1st quarter. Unless someone can recommend a a change to that I am sadly going to have to go back to the default file. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

Another user very grateful for the code supplied by @BiologicalNanobot. Thank you very much. 👏

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I try and save the HDR file but I get a message telling me I don't have permission...any ideas how to get access? There's no 'Run as administrator' option obviously.

Ben

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

@BWBriscoedo you have P3D installed within C:\Program Files(x86) structure? If so, that's the problem. Windows curtails access to those files.

Is your account an Administrator one? Try opening NotePad or Notepad++ in administrator mode. See if that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

33 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@BWBriscoedo you have P3D installed within C:\Program Files(x86) structure? If so, that's the problem. Windows curtails access to those files.

Is your account an Administrator one? Try opening NotePad or Notepad++ in administrator mode. See if that helps.

Opened Notepad as admin, opened the file and it worked, thanks.

Makes such a difference.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti