Sign in to follow this  
MOD_FLYER

SHOWTIME

HELLO GUYS. those who are using the AI BOATS & SHIP FILE successfully (finding ships and boats) , any of the successful fliers, could please mention a time and a place where and when I can check to see if I can find

any ships or boats. Thanks a lot

Not sure quite what you are asking, but you can find pretty much all of the freeware addons over at flightsim.to.

If I am understanding you correctly, then you need to search there for global shipping or global ships (can't remember which).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

He is asking for where to find ships on their shipping routes and at what time of day they show up. To confirm the Global AI Ship Traffic mod (GAIST) from flightsim.to is installed correctly.

I find them by flying off the coast of central California at just about any time of day by taking off from Santa Barbara KSBA, head out over the water a few miles at a few thousand feet, then fly down the coast toward Long Beach.  You should encounter a couple of container ships on the route for sure.

I'd guess the Panama Canal should have lots of ships hanging around as well but haven't made it down that way yet.

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, MOD_FLYER said:

HELLO GUYS. those who are using the AI BOATS & SHIP FILE successfully (finding ships and boats) , any of the successful fliers, could please mention a time and a place where and when I can check to see if I can find

any ships or boats. Thanks a lot

Head to Southampton (EGHI) - at 1600z time - weekday -  take off RWY 20 head due south over the Solent and you'll see at least half a dozen bulk carriers/ car carriers and Maersk Line heading East around St Catherine's Point (Nab Tower) and in to the Channel to go North Sea or out to the Atlantic.

Fair winds!

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

21 hours ago, Stoopy said:

He is asking for where to find ships on their shipping routes and at what time of day they show up. To confirm the Global AI Ship Traffic mod (GAIST) from flightsim.to is installed correctly.

Thanks for the heads up, another brilliant mod I previously did not know existed 🙂

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

I find them in the waters around TFFJ and TCNM.    Depart TFFJ at 5:20 am,   and you should find ships just NW of the tip of the island.   A freighter and a sailing ship.   I think a cruise ship is SW of the Island.

I find Cousteau's Calypso like halfway between the two islands.    I find racing sailboats around TCNM,  

In the beginning I'm flying toward TFFJ and TCNM is directly behind me.  At 29 seconds in this video,   TFFJ is off my Port wing,  and TCNM off my Starboard.

Edited by Waldo Pepper