Sign in to follow this  
sunny_in_the_sky

Repetitive Tiled Clouds with Active Sky, ASCA and Envtex

ASCA only works with volumetric clouds off. Yes I see it also and it looks pants, EA on and volumetric clouds off give me the best results but it's not exactly great immersion flying around 2D clouds in 2021 

• Upvote 1

@kand Thanks for the reply! I spoke too soon above, and it's unfortunately still happening for me, even though I have EA off. I see an option for volumetric fog, but not volumetric clouds.

Any ideas what else might cause something like in the original screenshot I posted? Could it be that Active Sky is reporting something funky, and it's not ASCA or Envtex's fault?

envtex is just textures, ASCA is textures and cloud models. 

Volumetric clouds are in the P3d options menu, world- slider to the left for off, and then increments to the right for low/med/high/ultra

above that is the checkbox for EA

Here are my settings for P3Dv5 and ASCA. I also tried disabling the three options for ASCA under Enabled Content, other than Sky Textures, but it also didn't work.

CfN20ot.png

JD4rUdS.png

you need to tick enhanced atmospherics for the volumetric cloud slider to work 

try ticking enhanced atmospherics with volumetric slider OFF as that seems to be the best compromise

HIFI also state that you need to load a flightplan into ASP3D for the best immersion and representation

Edited by kand
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kand said:

you need to tick enhanced atmospherics for the volumetric slider to work 

I realize that, but I don't think EA works with the Active Sky + ASCA + Envtex setup I have, which is what I am trying to debug. I may switch to EA in the future.

Enhanced atmospherics works with all ASCA and envtex (cloud textures and models only) but only if volumetric clouds are off. If volumetric clouds are on, ASP3D can only control the truesky shader clouds, it doesnt inject anything of its own other than set the wx scene 

try loading a flightplan into ASP3D and see if your wx depiction improves

Edited by kand

16 minutes ago, kand said:

you need to tick enhanced atmospherics for the volumetric cloud slider to work

I'm sorry, but even with EA enabled, I don't see a "volumetric cloud" option. I do see a "Cloud Resolution" slider underneath the EA checkbox, if that's what you mean. It seems to look very blurry from cruise altitude, but might look great when closer. Will test it more.

18 minutes ago, kand said:

HIFI also state that you need to load a flightplan into ASP3D for the best immersion and representation

Very useful! Will try it, thank you.

8 minutes ago, sunny_in_the_sky said:

I'm sorry, but even with EA enabled, I don't see a "volumetric cloud" option. I do see a "Cloud Resolution" slider underneath the EA checkbox, if that's what you mean.

Your "Cloud Resolution" slider is called "Volumetric Clouds" in my Options panel..

P3D V5.2.

• Upvote 1

Bert

53 minutes ago, kand said:

Enhanced atmospherics works with all ASCA and envtex (cloud textures and models only) but only if volumetric clouds are off. If volumetric clouds are on, ASP3D can only control the truesky shader clouds, it doesnt inject anything of its own other than set the wx scene 

try loading a flightplan into ASP3D and see if your wx depiction improves

So let me get this straight in 5.2 

I can use EA ticked thou slider off will use my asca clouds? With the effect of enhanced atmospherics?

if that is the case will envtex work?

i don’t use shaders anymore.

cheers 

mike

2 hours ago, sunny_in_the_sky said:

Hello,

Does anyone else get these repetitive clouds in the sky, when running Active Sky, ASCA and TOGA Envtex, for P3Dv5?

8HINSgk.png

Yep.... Waffled and repeditive.

fJDaFIp.jpg

eHsLRF4.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs