Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Need a screenshot utility? SnapShooter 2007 is out!

Guest cwright

Johan, thanks very much for a nice utility.But I did notice a couple of problems.1. When saving jpg images I noticed that each succeeding file was about 4 kb larger than the last, even when taking shots of the (static) Windows screen.2. I tried the automatic option, using 1 and 2 seconds, while flying in FSX. In about 10% of the shots either the autogen or the clouds were missing!I'm using Windows XP Home edition with 2 Gb RAM.Best regards, Chris

Guest swami

Heya thanks for the reply, appreciate it1. Woah thanks I'll take a look at it. (In fact I did, and while you are right in some cases, taking pictures of my static desktop won't result in a file size increase.) Does it happen in FSim? Are ALL the succeeding images larger than previous ones?2. This is a weird one, it occurred in the old version of SS too. Try these following steps to see if it works:Go to capture settings.Choose a hotkey other than Print screen.Check 'Capture clipboard'.Now take some screens with the print screen button and see if the problem persists. I know this mode won't let you change quality or size etc but that's a stupid bug and if the above method works for you I'll sort it out asap.Bo:The cropping plugin is available from the download plugins page from within the program. See help if you're uncertain on how to use it.Regards,Johan Johansonjohan@salientsoft.net

Guest cwright

Johan, I found why the file size was increasing - it wasn't a bug. In the view I had the Explorer window showing the screen shot files. Each time I took a shot more text appeared, hence the increase in file size.The missing autogen/clouds occurred only in auto mode, 1 second period. I did some more tests and I've found something else. The problem occurs in full screen mode but it does *not* occur in windowed mode. I've never seen the problem occur in single shot mode.Best regards, Chris

Guest swami

Glad to hear that's not a bug. And I'll have to check out the automatic thingy. Does it occur at higher intervals too I wonder? Try switching between capturing 'screen' and 'active window' while in fullscreen/automatic.RegardsJohan Johansonjohan@salientsoft.net

You know more about this than I do, but perhaps there is a way to sync when you take the picture with the frames that FS is displaying. I got this to happen a lot in FSX with SS 2.21. Randomly though. Most times the picture came out ok, but every so often I'd end up with a lot of the plane not finished drawn. I don't remember if I was in full screen mode or not when it happened, I think I was. I'm pretty sure it only happened when I was take grabs while the plane was flying, that it didn't occur while FS was paused.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest swami

There's probably little I can do about that, I've never heard of that before. The above method with the clipboard option might remedy that too, can you please try? Regards,Johan Johansonjohan@salientsoft.net

Guest cwright

Johan, I've now seen the problem occur in single shot mode. The autogen, clouds and virtual cockpit did not appear. This only happened in single shot once, so it's very rare. I haven't seen a failure using the clipboard, but quite possibly I'd have to take a large number of shots to see a problem, if any.It looks to me that there's a problem synchronising with FSX so that some shots are taken when the scene is only half-drawn.Best regards, Chris

Guest swami

Hi guysThere's really no reason to why some planes appear semi-drawn, I'm afraid it's impossible to "sync". The missing cockpit is probably due to FSim's use of multiple windows layered on top of each other (like virtual cockpit is a window itself lying on top of the main window).I haven't got a chance to try FSim, I've been testing with other games like space sims and stuff like that and haven't encountered the problem.Since the "Capture clipboard" option uses a different method to capture the screen, I think this would be the solution to this problem with FSim and other games alike.I've uploaded an update tonight which will let you use the "Capture clipboard" method exactly like the "Capture screen" method. There's also been updates to the help files, which addresses this problem and suggests this solution.I hope this solution will work for you guys, please let me know.Automatic updating - Check for updates - (update)Capture settings - Hotkey - (other than prt scn)Capture settings - Capture clipboard - (check)Now use the Prt Scn button to capture your images in FSim.ThanksJohan Johansonjohan@salientsoft.net

Guest abulaafia

could you include a number naming feature with fixed digits in the next update pls., you know 001,002,003,004 instead of 1,2,3,4. With the current * the files aren't listed properly in alphabetical order. Tks

Guest swami

HiYou can just put a number of leading zeroes in front of the counter you're using in the image name.I.e: Image00*RegardsJohan Johansonjohan@salientsoft.net

Hi Johan,The other day, I installed the new version of Snapshooter on a Motion Computing tablet. It had .net 2.0 installed (obviously). We were running Google Earth, and had snapshooter set up to capture images every 60 seconds (could you change this so you can capture at intervals of more than 60 seconds? I'm thinking it should at least go to 999. In fact, why even limit the amount of time between captures?) and it was capturing from the active window, contents only. What we got in the images, however, even though GE was set to full window, was all the windows being captured, with GE in the back.I didn't notice if GE was set in OpenGL mode or DirectX mode. I imagine it was set in OpenGL mode as this seems to be the default at installation.Could you check this out?Thanks,Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg