Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

F1 GTN now compatible with v5.2

On 6/11/2021 at 10:34 PM, kevinfirth said:

Well i won't be buying it

On 6/11/2021 at 10:41 PM, Nemo said:

Just thought the same ... ending support and updates within half a year is not very user friendly.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:22 PM, BostonJeremy77 said:

I haven't bought his GTN750 for MSFS - currently there is no cockpit integration, so it's an external app only. Good to know. I won't EVER buy it now. He ditched support for the latest Garmin trainer and now bowed out completely. I only bought it in January of this year. Thankfully, I bought my GNS units from RealityXP. Looks like it's time to switch to them for GTN too. 

As you may probably know me from the forums and you have associated me with the Flight1 GTN and GNS, I am here to correct a misunderstanding. I understand your frustration that a product that you have purchased will not be supported anymore and that development will end. However, I am not the developer who took the decision.

I have left Flight1 for one year already! Active development being stopped on the Flight1 GTN and GNS does not involve me.

My main goal is all TDS customers to received prompt and helpful advice, to solve their problems. This has been my guiding philosophy and it is the driving principle behind TDS Sim Software and the TDS GTNXi. This new company will allow me to prove who I am, the tech support that I offer the highest quality products and most importantly new and innovative solutions. You can all be sure that you will never be let down!

I will always pushed the simulator limits, further and further, and I will not stop here. Sure, the TDS GTNXi is currently not as good as some customers expect it to be, but you can be sure that I will give more than 100% to make it so much better!

This is only the beginning!

Best regards,

Tiberiu

Edited by tiberiu11
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, tiberiu11 said:

As you may probably know me from the forums and you have associated me with the Flight1 GTN and GNS, I am here to correct a misunderstanding. I understand your frustration that a product that you have purchased will not be supported anymore and that development will end. However, I am not the developer who took the decision.

I have left Flight1 for one year already! Active development being stopped on the Flight1 GTN and GNS does not involve me.

My main goal is all customers who know me or who have worked with me to remember all the good times when they received prompt and helpful advice, to solve their problems. This has been my guiding philosophy and it is the driving principle behind TDS Sim Software and the TDS GTNXi. This new company will allow me to once again prove who I am, the tech support that I offer and the high quality of the products. You can all be sure that you will never be let down! This is only the beginning!

Best regards,

Tiberiu

OK, Tiberiu. Thanks for the clarification. Good to know that you haven't been the one to pull the plug on this. I am guessing this is also why they haven't supported the new Garmin Trainer release. Oh well... Shame on whoever made these calls. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the clarification!  😀

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

Well this all a bit disappointing.  So if I want GTN 750 support beyond P3D5.2 I need to move over to Reality XP at about 60 AUD for one unit or 80 AUD for 2 at the sale price.  As I have largely moved to MSFS 2020 for GA flying apart from the RealAir Duke and the F1 Mustang/King Air this seems a poor option.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

19 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Well this all a bit disappointing.  So if I want GTN 750 support beyond P3D5.2 I need to move over to Reality XP at about 60 AUD for one unit or 80 AUD for 2 at the sale price.  As I have largely moved to MSFS 2020 for GA flying apart from the RealAir Duke and the F1 Mustang/King Air this seems a poor option.

Bruceb

Yeah, but sooner or later the end of a piece of software comes about.

I've personally worked with companies on Enterprise software sold for $100,000 a pop where eventually the software came to an end.

Not much you can do about it, other than bite the bullet, and you definently cannot take your $$ with you  😉

Alhough spending on the signifcant other half is an option 😀

I'll be in the same boat, however for the time being I'm sticking with P3D, I'm enjoying flying too many geat planes (like the Real Air / Vertx / A2A and various mid level jets) to give it up for the sake of shinyness.

If only our Aussie $$ was worth a bit more.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

So if I want GTN 750 support beyond P3D5.2 I need to move over to Reality XP

V5.2. will be around for a while... 😉

Bert

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Disappointing, yes.  What would be more disappointing--near catastrophic in fact--would be having to hangar my RealAir Duke for the duration.  If another GTN is needed if only to keep the Duke alone flying into the future, it's gonna be worth the $35 (USD) to me.

That said, based on today's exchange rate (1 AUD = 0.77 USD) the RXP GTN should be more like ~45 AUD at the sale price, shouldn't it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

57 minutes ago, w6kd said:

That said, based on today's exchange rate (1 AUD = 0.77 USD) the RXP GTN should be more like ~45 AUD at the sale price, shouldn't it?

Plus international transfer fees and typically it would be the combo of the 750/650 for those different sized spaces in the different VCs.

e.g. I have the F1 complete edition which is both.

Cheers

PS - although I've had the RealAir Duke for quite some time, I've only just started flying it and it truely is one of a kind.

PPS - I just had to add some pics of it...

6B4DAB515971CE45C692A278D8E8D88FB3284EAF

C5D2381A58D433710DC151FA45C14D5EFEB01784

0A9ECC10D8B4E7E0D57071C828C5BC1E9EE2B250

Edited by Rogen
PPS
  • Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

10 hours ago, tiberiu11 said:

Fair play, if it wasn't your decision I accept that.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I'm sorry for having to ask this question again, I have spent the better part of the morning searching for the latest version of the F1 Update Tool.  I've been through their website and the Purchasing Agent. 

Can anyone walk me through in a little more detail where I am going to find it?

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, racekarts2 said:

I'm sorry for having to ask this question again, I have spent the better part of the morning searching for the latest version of the F1 Update Tool.  I've been through their website and the Purchasing Agent. 

Can anyone walk me through in a little more detail where I am going to find it?

Thank you.

Please disregard this, I finally figured it out and have updated it.

I fly P3D, XP11 and FS2020.  For a long time I could use the Flight 1 GTN in P3D and the Reality XP GTN in X Plane as they used different trainer versions.  Then Garmin decided to use the same trainer in both version and when Flight1 stopped updating the GTN complete I was stuck.  So I made the move over to Reality XP for P3D, so now I don't have the issue with a different trainer for each version.  Just had to move on.

• Like 2