Sign in to follow this  
Flyinggok

GPU load 100%

Hey all,

not sure if its just me but since 5.2 my GPU is constantly on 100% load.

I dont saw this in 5.1.

Even on a scenery in the bush, 100% GPU load.

BR

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

That’s not a bad thing, surely? It means the software is making fullest possible use of available resources. Far less satisfactory to have (eg) a CPU with 12 cores, only two or three of which are used at 100%, the others being used partially and only intermittently; or 64Gb of RAM, only 30% of which is ever used. 

Edited by tfm

I understand what you mean but pushing the GPU always to 100% load even if it is not neccesarry is bad, it makes the GPU warmer and louder.

The question is why is it happening in 5.2 and in 5.1 it wasnt, probably a bug. Thats the question I have.

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

All ten cores of my CPU being used in 5.2.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Dont mix it up guys, I am talking about GPU, not CPU. CPU is all fine :)

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

3 hours ago, Flyinggok said:

Hey all,

not sure if its just me but since 5.2 my GPU is constantly on 100% load.

I dont saw this in 5.1.

Even on a scenery in the bush, 100% GPU load.

BR

what GPU?

It's not unusual that under certain circumstances the GPU would go to 100% depending on settings, clouds, dynamic lighting, scenery etc. It's not normal ,however, if its at a default airport under clear skies.

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

All ten cores of my CPU being used in 5.2.

And in 5.1 as well...Looks like depends on hardware and other setups...

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

I’m also seeing good CPU core usage however with volumetric clouds on I’m seeing my 3090 at 100% usage which brings the frames down.

My expirence with P3D is that when the GPU hits 100% frames drop....anything less than that is good. 

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

5 hours ago, KL Oo said:

I’m also seeing good CPU core usage however with volumetric clouds on I’m seeing my 3090 at 100% usage which brings the frames down.

That`s because it`s CPU bound the 3090 was not made for gaming, locking the FPS could help.

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

That`s because it`s CPU bound the 3090 was not made for gaming.

No, it was made to run MS Office.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

That`s because it`s CPU bound the 3090 was not made for gaming, locking the FPS could help.

Of course you’re right Ray, one of the most powerful retail GPUs on the market wasn’t made for gaming.... 🤨🙄

it’s always been that way for me regardless. With my last 2080 Ti I had the same. If the gpu losd reached 100% and the sim became gpu limited the FPS would drop. Keep it below 100% and all was good.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

If Lovelace Nvidia`s next GPU is 70% faster then the ampere (3090). Then one wonders unless you have the fastest CPU no point in buying it will be CPU bound even on 4K. And the price unthinkable  

Raymond Fry.

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

the 3090 was not made for gaming

Yeah right 🙂 - probably why mine is called ASUS-ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models