Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

PC-12 NG?

The PC-12 is one of the best turboprop planes in GA.  I’m curious as to why no one has attempted a flight sim version of the NG.

Flight1 had the older, non-glass cockpit version of the PC-12 which was my favorite one to fly.  Is it the Honeywell avionics?  I know that we have the TBM, but the PC-12 is better for STOL and grass/dirt strip flying.  I would love to see someone develop one.

Edited by AUjeffk
  • Like 1

Frankly the Epic is the 'Best' and now certified its apples to apples. It beats anything out there hands down on every metric. The Evolution is a blast to fly and with the 850hp Pratt does over 300Kts as well, but is experimental.

The PC-12 flies like a truck...

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Not sure about best, but one of the best for sure! I would like to see it as well. We have TBM, Caravan and King Air which are also on the list

https://www.bestofluxury.com/rankings-of-best-turboprop-aircrafts

The Baron is Top 3 of the best Turboprop Aircraft? Ok.....Good source

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

11 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

May be they meant turbonormalized version

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

Hello,

I know one from a well established team is coming.

I assume that's Carenado.  Even though they sometimes release broken stuff, they do listen to the community.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Saw that too.  Maybe it's such a good piston aircraft that it places in the top 3 of turboprop aircraft....

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

30 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

(Wrong quote) sorry, meant to quote ryanbatcund...

Nope, another group! Carenado is doing the first gen, the group I refer to is not making the first gen version!

Edited by commandantyuuki
  • Like 2

Yuuki

2 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

Nope, another group! Carenado is doing the first gen, the group I refer to is not making the first gen version!

Sounds very interesting. Will be keeping my eyes open because this would make for some very fun RFDS ops.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

5 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

Do you know of a timetable for the NG/X?

5 minutes ago, AUjeffk said:

Do you know of a timetable for the NG/X?

Yes, would like to know that as well.

Something to look forward to, especially since there seem to be no payware King Airs coming.

Edited by roland

13 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Frankly the Epic is the 'Best' and now certified its apples to apples. It beats anything out there hands down on every metric. The Evolution is a blast to fly and with the 850hp Pratt does over 300Kts as well, but is experimental.

The PC-12 flies like a truck...

Does it? I think the pc12 ngx has the epic 1000 beat on range, and seats if configured right. They trade blows swapping takeoff and landing distances. Not to mention that massive cargo door.  My company operates a ton of king air’s and I’m a bit jelly of the cargo doors on the pilatus. We will never switch as we prefer the “safety” of a twin but that’s a different discussion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I assume that's Carenado.  Even though they sometimes release broken stuff, they do listen to the community.

really? i got the waco yesterday, horrible groundhandling , evryone sees that, no fix.

this will prob be my first and last carenado aircraft(unless they fix soon), this in contrast to the stearman and the ryan st..these are great ones for a small price.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

Do you have a link to the news?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |