Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Shoot! missed another one <grin>

I usually ignore the threads that seem destined to degenerate into the usual rubbish and name-calling after a few pages, but I was feeling like a bit of light relief just now and went to look at one and boom! It got closed while I was thinking about it! I guess God, or more accurately - Mod, is working in mysterious ways to preserve my better nature and stop me letting go with any (probably) regretable replies.

Before I moved over here from the Orbx forum, I was frequently seeing mods comments there along the lines of "if you want to behave like that there are other forums where you can do that" (is it possible to type sniffily?) but now I'm here I quite enjoy occasionally watching people get all het up about some of this stuff. It generates lovely mental images of medieval theorists getting into a rage on a 14th century version of Twitter - endless arguments, with of course a vast amount of surety, about those angels on the pinhead and the relative authenticity of the different flight models of the average witch.

I like it here!

(but there is some use of the ignore facility. It's a fine line between clever and stupid, as a wiser man than me once said)

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

9 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

It's a fine line between clever and stupid, as a wiser man than me once said

image.png.13455311b356a3e46a001f791ba79fff.png LOL!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, andy1252 said:

It generates lovely mental images of medieval theorists getting into a rage on a 14th century version of Twitter - endless arguments, with of course a vast amount of surety, about those angels on the pinhead and the relative authenticity of the different flight models of the average witch.

I like it here!

Theological discussions can be interesting as an intellectual exercise, religion wars, even verbal, are not 😄

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Theological discussions can be interesting as an intellectual exercise,

Not sure I'd even go that far, myself <grin>

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

6 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Not sure I'd even go that far, myself <grin>

I know of a few people, who love those discussions until they are blue in their faces. I usually try to avoid their companionship 😄

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I was actually hoping that I might be proven wrong, and that that one would survive. And actually, for a while there it looked like it was holding its own and had reached a point of stability

And then in the last few pages...

BOOM!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Where there was one, there will be others.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Where there was one, there will be others.

I think you hit pretty close to home (as to that quote attributed to you). 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Don't know who first said it but this might be sound advice: "I never discuss religion or politics"

1 hour ago, overspeed3 said:

Don't know who first said it but this might be sound advice: "I never discuss religion or politics"

What is interesting in these sorry threads is the unholy (speaking of religion) alliance of  a few  MFSers driveling about the near end of XP (and P3D) and a few XPers driveling about the superiority of  their guru's baby as ever before. They feed each other making a cacophony  of two broken records each trying to play louder than the other.  You can 'ignore' them of course but the thread goes south all the same.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It happens when people make incorrect or false claims about a product. Then they get corrected and the arguing ensues.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

5 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

Or Lockdowns or Vaccinations... Two more things I've added to my topics not to bring up during meetings... 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Andy, I was  banned for life, apparently, from the Orbx fourm for something I said several years ago.  I still don't what it was that got under their skin.  Not only was I banned, but they removed the Hangar Talk forum, or whatever it was called, where we could discuss anything we liked.

I have also been warned by the Mods and eve had posts removed.  But all in all it's a good place to have fun.

Welcome to endless arguments of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Noel 

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.