Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Is the 4 season "mod" worth it?

Hi all,

I have seen quite a few people mentioning the BIJAN HABASHI - 4 SEASON pack.

Is it worth it to buy?  I mean, the price isn't high but is it worth it?

Cheers

Victor

• Like 1

Victor Roos

What is it?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, piperarrow41 said:

How do you install it?  Is it pretty easy to install?

You dump it in the community folder, or use add-on linker.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

It's absolutely worth it. To be honest, my biggest motivation wasn't even to get seasons, but the improved look of the trees. Anyway, the seasons are really nice too, with lots of colourful trees in full blossom in spring and Indian summer in autumn 😉 

It adjusts the sizes of the trees, provides a more varied mix of tree types (e.g. more palm trees where you'd expect them to be), a better range of tree colours (well, more hues of green in summer) which makes forests look so much more natural.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 4

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

5 minutes ago, pstrub said:

It's absolutely worth it.  

I've procrastinated a little to buy it but it looks really good. Is there anything to tune (sizes, varieties, viewing distance) because I am not very fond of that ? I understand that one must at least change manually the season file ?

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Are the season's regional?  Meaning, if I take off in the northern US during winter and fly south to a warmer climate will the warmer climate look like winter or will it look tropical?  Or do I have to manually change the season from winter to summer enroute so it looks tropical when I arrive in the tropics?

7 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I've procrastinated a little to buy it but it looks really good. Is there anything to tune (sizes, varieties, viewing distance) because I am not very fond of that ? I understand that one must at least change manually the season file ?

hehe I was about to ask whether you already bought it 😉 but to be honest, I've never looked into tuning it. To me it was a quick decision to buy (maybe after having a beer too much) because all  the default forests looked weirdly regular and with all trees having almost the same colour. This looks a lot better now, and I enjoy the seasons. Never did a detailed comparison though, but I think Bijan's videos on youtube reflect the improvements quite well.

Edit: I'd say you don't have to tune anything to get the improvements. It's not hard to manage the seasons manually, you just have to copy one of the 4 folders to the Community folder in MSFS.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

6 minutes ago, piperarrow41 said:

Are the season's regional?  Meaning, if I take off in the northern US during winter and fly south to a warmer climate will the warmer climate look like winter or will it look tropical?  Or do I have to manually change the season from winter to summer enroute so it looks tropical when I arrive in the tropics?

Good question!

Can anybody chime in?

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

You guys gave me the final push. Bought and installed it 😃.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam