Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Is the 4 season "mod" worth it?

It's great.  Highly recommended.  Nothing to 'tune'.  Just pick your season and your good to go.  The packs include spring in the northern hemisphere and autumn in the south etc so if you select that pack and fly south, the season changes from sprint to autumn.  I haven't tried that myself so not sure if it would be a gradual transition or whether there would be a distinct line.  Great add on and brings so much more variety to the sim particularly at the moment with Spring in the North. 

• Like 1

Excellent product, been using it for a long time now. As mentioned, the trees are one of the best things about it - much better trees generally, better allocated and really make a significant difference to the appearance of the surroundings. Any screenshots of mine will have Bijan's trees in there. The seasons are, as of the latest release, set so that you have a set of four seasons each of which has a northern/southern hemisphere function, i.e Spring in the north is fall/autumn in the south and so on. Just put the single season you want to use in the community folder, and nowadays there are separate folders for the trees and 3d objects. Used with the addons linker it works an absolute treat.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

2 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Good question!

Can anybody chime in?

seasons are listed as  (for example)

"Spring North Autumn South"  or "Summer North Winter South"

There is also a 3d trees folder which you add as well to add lots of new tree varieties.

Because of the various biomes and the way they are setup..  as you fly north to south  you will start in one region say in spring, traverse different tree types and biomes and land in the new onein autumn..  all without having to change folders or anything.

It's really very clever and makes a huge change in the visuals.

Oh yeah.. you will also get updates a couple of times a week as new variants and biomes are added along with special areas that have been manually placed..  for example, the heather coverage on Dartmoor in the UK to replace the incorrect autogen trees there🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 5

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

It's by far one of the best payware addons available for the sim. Baijan is wonderful and if you email him suggestions he will get right back to you and implement them to the best of his abilities. 10000% worth a purchase! 

• Like 2

Former Child, Current Adult

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have the mod, and it is decent, but until the tree LOD can be sorted (which it apparently cannot at the moment), I don't see a reason to use it.  Appreciated it adds variation and depth, but I can't get immersed with the horrible "ring of trees" around my AC, even with LOD on 200. 

Absolutely worth it. Before, it could easily get boring (visually) flying over forest areas. Now it looks a lot more natural. Also, cities (including photogrammetry cities, since it seems like they still use autogen trees to "fill up") look beautiful with colorful trees. Even without any seasons it would be worth it; with seasons it's a no brainer for VFR and IFR - it greatly enhances the visuals worldwide.

Absolutely worth it. The developer has an astonishing work / support rate and has kept the price low and not charged any extra for so much extra work gone into it.

The only problem I have with it is the seasonal trees often stand out against the default scenery (e.g. Autumn brown trees against lush summer green fields) but that's unavoidable.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Any hit on performance with this one?

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

34 minutes ago, Donka said:

Any hit on performance with this one?

I haven’t noticed one. I have extended the LOD in the user.cfg but obviously any hit from that is not the trees fault.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Fantastic product and even better customer service , Bijan is very to work with .

It's worth every penny. Support is excellent.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.