Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

About MSFS at the moment

Hi guys 🙂

I am pretty happy at the moment with my MSFS.

A long time now no CTD ( and i realy fly often and a lot ).

I am a very satisfied about my performance what was not so good after the last Update and therefor i did some small settings changes ( Lod to 100 and some with AI stuff )

and now i like it mutch, real smooth also near the ground and at big Airports - makes me a bit scared for the next update this could be killed again..🤔

But so far realy love it..😍

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 10

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

That's great! I am having the oposite experience. I often get crashes and it is spoiling my enjoyment. 

So it seems the world karma is balanced out

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

41 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

That's great! I am having the oposite experience. I often get crashes and it is spoiling my enjoyment. 

Remove everything from your Community folder (just move everything to a temporary directory).  Remove everything that you purchased in the MSFS marketplace.  Make sure nothing is overclocked (don't overclock your GPU, CPU, RAM, etc).  Disconnect all peripherals except for your keyboard and mouse.

You should have a bare bones version of MSFS at this point, with just a keyboard and a mouse, and nothing should be overclocked.  Now you can launch MSFS and fly it around the areas that you CTD.  If you don't CTD, then gradually add back each piece by piece, and launch MSFS again and test.  For example, add back everything into your Community folder, launch MSFS, and see if it CTDs.  If there is no CTD, add back what you purchased in the MSFS marketplace, run MSFS, and test again.  If there still isn't a CTD, then add back your peripherals, launch MSFS and test again.  If adding back everything from your Community folder, MSFS marketplace purchases, and connecting your peripherals doesn't cause a CTD, then you can overclock your GPU/CPU/RAM again.

If you do it this way, you can isolate whatever is causing MSFS to CTD.  This is typically how we find bugs and other issues that cause a CTD in the software industry - we isolate until we can pinpoint the exact problem.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

The recent work to suppress Airspace messages on the PMS GPS mods and possibly the fix to allow more than 4 maps on avionics seems to have worked to stabilse the sim pretty well for me and CTDs are now pretty rare, but only if I don't use an AMD driver released after Oct 2020. Anything after that and Driver timeout issues are basically guaranteed.

So things are better in that i can play but there's a major limitation that will become more serious over time.

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Very sorry to hear that , have you heard about it to renaming directories and files like modelLib.bgl , and dirs like mymaterials and mycompanie ?

I had a lot of this in my community and i had CTD´s not to mutch but i had and after i renamed all the modelLib.bgl to for example to wsss_modelLib.bgl and the same with all the mymaterials and mycompanie folders i found a kind of fredom with CTD`s.

You have to build your layout.json new after that not to forget..

I allways set the ICAO in front ( files and folders ) so it is allways different.

There is somewhere at MS Flightsimulator Forums a couple ot Threads where this is discussed.

I would suggest you to do that if not done, i belive this helped me a lot with CTD`s.

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I occasionally get CTDs.  But really my main issue is bad stuttering at high sliders.  High was pretty smooth at the first few releases but lately everything stutters bad especially near cities with photogrammetry.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I occasionally get CTDs.  But really my main issue is bad stuttering at high sliders.  High was pretty smooth at the first few releases but lately everything stutters bad especially near cities with photogrammetry.

I've had lower performance and more stuttering in larger cities since the last update too. 

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

28 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Very sorry to hear that , have you heard about it to renaming directories and files like modelLib.bgl , and dirs like mymaterials and mycompanie ?

I had a lot of this in my community and i had CTD´s not to mutch but i had and after i renamed all the modelLib.bgl to for example to wsss_modelLib.bgl and the same with all the mymaterials and mycompanie folders i found a kind of fredom with CTD`s.

You have to build your layout.json new after that not to forget..

I allways set the ICAO in front ( files and folders ) so it is allways different.

There is somewhere at MS Flightsimulator Forums a couple ot Threads where this is discussed.

I would suggest you to do that if not done, i belive this helped me a lot with CTD`s.

cheers 😉

Thanks Pm, I use addonlinker for that. It has an automatic function to search through bad modellibs and correct them. I dont know what exactly it does, but I got that advice from a friend 🙂 It might have helped a little. Come to think of it, it might have been a while since I used it, so I shall try again. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

The recent work to suppress Airspace messages on the PMS GPS mods and possibly the fix to allow more than 4 maps on avionics seems to have worked to stabilse the sim pretty well for me and CTDs are now pretty rare, but only if I don't use an AMD driver released after Oct 2020. Anything after that and Driver timeout issues are basically guaranteed.

So things are better in that i can play but there's a major limitation that will become more serious over time.

Interesting... I tried older amd drivers but failed... the best and stable without crashes for me the latest only. On current drivers for the last releases and no probs with 5700xt. Different results for different setups 😉

Cheers T.

I suffered from constant ctds since launch but since the latest updates no issues at all. No hardware or configuration changes.

Edited by Azapata87

Same here, i tried everything to find out what was causing them, and just as they suddenly started not long after launch, they just vanished not long after the UK World update, and following hotfixes.

I have not had one since

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I've never had many CTDs, but I have noticed a huge improvement in the quality of the default planes. I've been flying the airliners and the Longitude and I was surprised to see that they all work now, so much so that I'm tempted to submit a Zendesk ticket congratulating Asobo on their great work.

• Like 1

Mike Beckwith

I never used to really get any CTD's until fairly recently, I get most of my CTD's when I'm using Multiplayer, I never used to have a problem with it, it could be a driver issue with my 6800 XT Gpu?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.