Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Queensland Sunshine Coast Airfields by Shunt Scenery

Most Aussies will have realised by now the Sunshine Coast International Airport at Maroochydore is ridiculously out of date with the old now closed runway still in game and the new runway completely missing.

Shunt Scenery have released their YBSU Sunshine coast addon and are currently throwing in for free their paid premium YCDR Caloundra (this is an upgrade to their freeware YCDR).

https://www.shuntscenery.com/product-page/ybsu-sunshine-coast-airport

There is a slight FPS hit and occasional micro-stutter but nothing too outrageous given the detail of the airports.

The following 15 minute video is probably ONLY of interest to Aussies (and Queenslanders in particular).  It is a flight from Shunt Sceneries YCDR to their new YBSU in the Turbo Arrow III .

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

It's an awesome scenery. Including YCDR as well is a cool bonus. Even for those not familiar with the local area it's a must have scenery for when the NG3 launches as well as flights to New Zealand in the A20N. Very versatile and picturesque airport.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Just need FlightBeam NZAA to complete my Trans Tasman go to's... Nice Definite buy for me.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

I hate you Glenn Fitzpatrick. You just cost me 20 bucks LOL

MY first payware purchase for MSFS. The video looked great. I reckon Shunt should put you on commission LOL

Thanks for the heads up

Tony  

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Would never have known about this without your post Glenn so thanks. Makes you wonder how many other little nuggets of gold lay undiscovered out there!

• Like 2

Murray Dreyer

Thanks!   Purchased!!    This region is getting nice attention.   Got YCAB last week - nice region flying coming. 🙂

Matt Webb

Oh no.  They've closed the runway I learned to fly on and and did my first solo (a LONG time ago....).

Scenery looks awesome.  Thanks for showing.  One for the shopping list.

Thanks picked this up,very nice

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I purchased and expected the additional YCAB airport, but it was not sent, despite entering the promo code.  When I went back to check, there is an error message saying the free airport is only available for purchases over AUD24.00 - the purchase I made was for only AUD19.95.  So other purchasers should be warned - the freebie has TAC which were not immediately obvious!  I feel quite disappointed!

UPDATE - it was MY MISTAKE!  I did not realise that I needed to purchase both airports before trying to apply the promo code.  Even better, though, within a few minutes of sending a message on the facebook page, I got an email back telling me how to go back and obtain the freebie.  Now THAT is SERVICE!!

Edited by ozzieblr
UPDATE
  • Like 2

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

14 minutes ago, ozzieblr said:

I purchased and expected the additional YCAB airport, but it was not sent, despite entering the promo code.  When I went back to check, there is an error message saying the free airport is only available for purchases over AUD24.00 - the purchase I made was for only AUD19.95.  So other purchasers should be warned - the freebie has TAC which were not immediately obvious!  I feel quite disappointed!

You needed to have both YBSU and YCDR in the cart for the promo code to work. Send them an email I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

2 hours ago, Barbs said:

@Glenn Fitzpatrick Just noticing that's still the freeware YCDR in your video I think?

oops - my lack of attention to what addon linker is doing strikes again.  I thought it looked very similar to the freeware one

oh well - the YBSU end of the video is definitely the correct airport.

I will throw up a quick video of the correct YCDR shortly.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

On 6/12/2021 at 3:09 PM, suncoastflyer said:

You needed to have both YBSU and YCDR in the cart for the promo code to work. Send them an email I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out.

See my edit of the original post!

• Like 1

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!