Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

REX Real Global airport textures

50 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Some more comparison photos for anyone still on the fence. It can be hit or miss, and is definitely up to personal preference most likely. Album starts here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gaiiden/51242082522/in/album-72157719405079781/

I like how the first two look, but ewwww the coloration change to KBKL is IMO quite nasty. Overall tho I'd say 👍

Little hard to determine which one is which since they are not labeled.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

25 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

I think they are all REX textures.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I bought the Zinerek a while ago and can't wait for the update.

Cheers

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

12 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I bought the Zinerek a while ago and can't wait for the update.

Me too. I'll stick with the Zinertek. If I didn't already have it then I'd be on the fence as to which one to get. I think if you already have the Zinertek, then it's not worth shelling out money for something that does the same thing. The Zinertek addon is a quality offering. If you don't already have it, then it's time to start watching some reviews for both products and make a choice as to your preference.

Either is a huge improvement over stock, but if you already have one don't waste your money on the other unless you just like throwing money away (which is easy to do in flightsimming).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

James

On 6/11/2021 at 7:03 PM, Kilo60 said:

Looks good but I still prefer to buy from Devs that actually have customer forums for support.  No desire to use a discord page. 

Call me old fashioned!

22 hours ago, fppilot said:

I agree!  I like "Accord" much better.  But then I had a 25 year career at Honda!  LOL!  
Who in the "H" (heck) dreamed up Discord anyway?  Such a nosedive...

Really don’t get the hate for Discord. Maybe since it’s main/original purpose doesn’t necessarily translate as well to flightsim or something?  Been using it for group gaming in MMO’s for 5 years+ now. It was a replacement for the old voice chat apps like ventrilo and teamspeak except with way better voice quality and text channels so gamers no longer need to go deal with web hosting etc to create traditional forums for coordinating things. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Support for textures?  Whatever.

Also I  like to use MP / Content Manager for all purchased addons.

Regards

bs 

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

22 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Really don’t get the hate for Discord.

You cannot be serious.  My post was about the words.  Discord vs Accord.  Not the website.  Ever hear of a Honda Accord?  Would a car company or aircraft company name a model Discord?  My post was in humor about the choice of word for the name of the site, not about the value of the site.  

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, Keirtt said:

The images themselves are not labeled because the title below the image tell the airport name and whether Stock or REX is loaded

4 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I think they are all REX textures.

No

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

13 hours ago, AirlinePilot83 said:

I already have Zinertek's 'Enhanced Airport Graphics' and considering that version 2.0 is coming next week (free for all existing customers according to Zinertek's website), I will pass.

Version 2.0 is looking pretty good 

I want to believe you, but they already said version 2.0 will come next week a month ago...

I don't have time right now to find it but I think it was on Avsim too.

I looked at all the pictures posted, and it seems pretty obvious that if you already own Zinertek's version, there's no compelling reason to buy the REX textures. 

OTOH, if you don't, then it's really a toss-up.

Both companies provide great customer service. I've owned all of REX products' over the years, and bought a lot from Zinertek. Can't complain about either company. 

Both REX and the upcoming Zinertek v2 look really good.  Excellent choice for potential customers. 

I am eligible for Zinertek v2 when available, but at the price point, I may just buy REX as well to compare and keep the ones I like best.  

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

57 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I want to believe you, but they already said version 2.0 will come next week a month ago...

I don't have time right now to find it but I think it was on Avsim too.

Up to this point we didn't want to comment on this thread as this thread is discussing a product that is not ours. 

However, for those of you wondering, yes, we did mention here on Avsim that we would be releasing an update to our add-on in late May. Obviously, the new version of our add-on is delayed but we can assure that we are working on it and it is coming this month. 

The reason for the delay is because we are doing a major overhaul to runways, taxiways, parking spaces, aprons, taxi lines, ground markings and more. So it's not a simple update where we are simply doing touch ups or minor enhancements. 

We appreciate your patience.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I am eligible for Zinertek v2 when available, but at the price point, I may just buy REX as well to compare and keep the ones I like best.  

Your syntax and choice or words is confusing: the update to v.2 is - as per their website - free for existing customers: "Existing customers will be able to upgrade to this version for FREE!"

31 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Your syntax and choice or words is confusing: the update to v.2 is - as per their website - free for existing customers: "Existing customers will be able to upgrade to this version for FREE!"

Fair enough.  Sorry if it is confusing.  I will re-write it...

I am eligible for the free Zinertek v2 update when available.  But at the price point of the REX addon, I may just buy that as well to compare, and I will keep the ones I like best.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 hours ago, Keirtt said:

It says which one is which under each picture.