Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

REX Real Global airport textures

Global airport textures kinda  implies to me to existing buildings. as  stated  in the  product  release

In a surprise move, REX has released a brand new product for Microsoft Flight Simulator called Real Global Airport Textures. The team beyond Weather Force for the simulator has released a brand new texture product that enhances all airports around the world with new high-definition textures.

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, Gulfstream said:

As a software engineer, I noticed step 1 was "Please make sure to set the UAC (User Account Control) to “never notify”."

This is instructing users to permanently disable an important Windows security feature.  I do not see anywhere in the instructions to turn this back on.

Experienced Windows users don't need UAC and I have mine turned off, so for most on here this is likely a non-issue.  But for inexperienced users this is a "big ask".

The average user should never turn off UAC, firewall, or antivirus. Also, don't spend money or time on any of these crappy "security software suites" that either come preinstalled on your rig, or that some company wants you to buy.

In Windows 10, the built in firewall and antivirus protection are sufficient. In addition, I run my drives once a week through the free version of Malwarebytes.

As I said, I've installed and reinstalled plenty of REX products and have never bothered with their installation instructions. Never had a problem.

• Like 2

The website appears to be down. no matter what link I choose, always get 404.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Global airport textures kinda  implies to me to existing buildings. as  stated  in the  product  release

In a surprise move, REX has released a brand new product for Microsoft Flight Simulator called Real Global Airport Textures. The team beyond Weather Force for the simulator has released a brand new texture product that enhances all airports around the world with new high-definition textures.

I expected building textures too...

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

I expected building textures too...

I'm going to hold off until/if this is added. I'd like to see some variety in the generic airport buildings and better building lighting at night as well. I seem to remember that they had this in the FSX and P3D versions and that it was quite nice.

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

In my opinion, this product is not a high priority at this time. I am saving my limited budget for upcoming aircraft.

• Like 1

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

5 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I'm going to hold off until/if this is added. I'd like to see some variety in the generic airport buildings and better building lighting at night as well. I seem to remember that they had this in the FSX and P3D versions and that it was quite nice.

@Noooch

I asked about building textures a few pages back and they hinted pretty strongly that they were in the pipeline with ‘we can’t comment on this right now’ 

Im in the same boat, waiting for the building textures as that’s what’s lacking in quality an variation for me over ground textures.

1 minute ago, Carts85 said:

@Noooch

I asked about building textures a few pages back and they hinted pretty strongly that they were in the pipeline with ‘we can’t comment on this right now’ 

Im in the same boat, waiting for the building textures as that’s what’s lacking in quality an variation for me over ground textures.

You arent kidding and whats up with no lights at a majority of the basic airports - one thing that leaves a sour taste IMO

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

You arent kidding and whats up with no lights at a majority of the basic airports - one thing that leaves a sour taste IMO

Yeah the lighting at the default airports is really lacking, even in the places where exists it’s pretty poorly implemented. I hope it gets an overhaul at some point when when some of the higher priorities have been ticked off the list of course.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Yeah the lighting at the default airports is really lacking, even in the places where exists it’s pretty poorly implemented. I hope it gets an overhaul at some point when when some of the higher priorities have been ticked off the list of course.

I wouldnt count on it they would have done it all ready - something as basic as a light at night at an airport is not to much to ask - major airport like KBOS - looks like a ghost town - horrible - what we are suppose to buy payware airports just to get some lights on - its a great sim but a basic feature missing is ridiculous - FSX looked better - come on Asobo 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

I also am surprised this doesn't address buildings.  At this price point, I assumed it would.

The other thing that needs fixed is the large number of incorrect taxi signs.  I am used to using real-world airport diagrams to navigate various taxi ways, especially at the larger ones.  I have given up on this practice since many of the taxi signs in MSFS are incorrect.

Any word on frame rate hit?  Better/worse/none?

Edited by billkirk888
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, billkirk888 said:

The other thing that needs fixed is the large number of incorrect taxi signs.  I am used to using real-world airport diagrams to navigate various taxi ways, especially at the larger ones.  I have given up on this practice since many of the taxi signs in MSFS are incorrect.

Those issues are airport-specific and even taxiway-specific, so all a texture set could hope to solve would be proper sizing, shape, and colors.  I can only guess that for taxiways Asobo used some interpretation process or algorithm to read and decipher from airport databases and/or airport diagrams.  In most cases that was not effective.  Even regional GA airports I frequented were off.  Holding off until better comes along.  I spent over two hours today DL and positioning MSFS addon airports and mods, but my 2.1 logged flight hours were not in MSFS.  Betting on the future.  Guess I gave each equal time today?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 6/15/2021 at 4:07 PM, Richard Sennett said:

Have you or anyone else seen scenery libraries with hangars with open doors?  Most if not all of the hangars at addon airports I have acquired have doors closed.  Robs a sense of life....  Even with static people, aircraft, and vehicles.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, billkirk888 said:

Any word on frame rate hit?  Better/worse/none?

It should not affect this at all. 

Word is on MSFS forum, Discord and through our support channel that folks are reporting no impact on performance.

• Like 2

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com