Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

EA on with volumetric clouds off

11 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Not sure how it works with EA on but the volumetric clouds off (which would cause one to use ASCA for clouds), but are you supposed to keep Sky Colors checked on in ASCA under Enabled Content? Does leaving EA on for the lighting control the sky color? @Rob_Ainscough or @mpo910 

As long as you leave ea on....no other application will be able to work for sky colors (cloud works)....ea has its own shaders. So you will have ea sky colors and lighting with asca clouds when you set the volumetriccloud slider in P3D complete to the left

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

As long as you leave ea on....no other application will be able to work for sky colors (cloud works)....ea has its own shaders. So you will have ea sky colors and lighting with asca clouds when you set the volumetriccloud slider in P3D complete to the left

Thanks Marcus, I knew clouds would not work but wasn't sure if I had to unchecked sky colors in ASCA.

Eric 

Anyone using EA ON, Volumetric Clouds OFF together with REX Skyforce?

Edit: Just saw that this has already been answered in this thread by @GD5.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I'm pretty sure that with EA=On and VolC=Off, you may utilized REX Skyforce only for the clouds' shapes. The sky colors (day, sunset, sunrise) are still controlled by EA and REX has no control over it. 

Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Folks,

Any special tricks for this combination (EA-on, Volc=off) in conjunction with Active Sky would be much appreciated. I'm a bit lost after I transitioned from 4.5HF3 a week ago. There are a lot of new stuff I still have to learn

10 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm pretty sure that with EA=On and VolC=Off, you may utilized REX Skyforce only for the clouds' shapes. The sky colors (day, sunset, sunrise) are still controlled by EA and REX has no control over it. 

I'm pretty sure you're right about that one,
I haven't really seen any significant changes between Volumetric Clouds "on" or "off" except for the clouds, obviously.

On 7/6/2021 at 5:35 PM, G-YMML1 said:

I'm using this setting but unfortunately Rex Sky Force messes up with sky textures aswell...

11 minutes ago, Alexx Pilot said:

I'm using this setting but unfortunately Rex Sky Force messes up with sky textures aswell...

As I mentioned above, with the EA=On, REX does not affect sky textures, only the clouds' textures.

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

As I mentioned above, with the EA=On, REX does not affect sky textures, only the clouds' textures.

I know it should be as you said, but I think my Rex SF is messed up, I did a test with EA=on and this is what I get: https://imgur.com/a/YLLIiI1 strange white sky texture that disappear when I close RexSF

Edited by Alexx Pilot

On 7/8/2021 at 10:22 PM, Alexx Pilot said:

I know it should be as you said, but I think my Rex SF is messed up, I did a test with EA=on and this is what I get: https://imgur.com/a/YLLIiI1 strange white sky texture that disappear when I close RexSF

UPDATE: Solved turning off Rex Weather Engine and using P3DWX for now.

Make sure cloud coverage density set to maximum for ActiveSky

Edited by 40track

Using this combo EA on vol clouds off, I am not seeing any cirrus clouds. Is this normal? I’ve made a few flights now and have not seen a single cirrus cloud high up. Has anyone else seen cirrus clouds using EA on vol clouds off? It could just be that’s how the weather was when I was flying! 

Cheers, 

Bully. 

Edited by djbully

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

12 hours ago, djbully said:

Using this combo EA on vol clouds off, I am not seeing any cirrus clouds. Is this normal? I’ve made a few flights now and have not seen a single cirrus cloud high up. Has anyone else seen cirrus clouds using EA on vol clouds off? It could just be that’s how the weather was when I was flying! 

Cheers, 

Bully. 

Okay scrap that, I had some cirrus clouds this evening flying over east Africa. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

On 8/21/2021 at 9:26 PM, 40track said:

Make sure cloud coverage density set to maximum for ActiveSky

That is in P3D's settings or in AS?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

That is in P3D's settings or in AS?

Thanks.

P3D. Sorry bad wording. EA on Vol clouds off and cloud coverage density maximum leaving AS clouds as default.

Edited by 40track
For clarity