Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

EA on with volumetric clouds off

EA on and vol. clouds off plus AS weather engine and REX Skyforce gives the best clouds for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Love it. Set it to off then in Prepar3D.cfg if you see volumetricclouds=1 edit it to 0 This plus unticking internal vehicle casting receiving shadows in cockpit from another poster

Edited by 40track
Edited

On 9/17/2021 at 8:59 PM, 40track said:

Love it. Set it to off then in Prepar3D.cfg if you see volumetricclouds=1 edit it to 0 This plus unticking internal vehicle casting receiving shadows in cockpit from another poster

Just to confirm in activesky  you UNCHECK the 2 below options ?

1Capture.jpg

23-Capture.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Volumetric control slider within P3D world menu itself set to off (set far left) Cloud draw distance 90 miles  Cloud coverage set to maximum and in ASP3D leave ticked above examples ticked and leaving default min/max cloud draw distance as 90 miles (default). If that makes sense. 

Finally edit Prepar3d.cfg and if you see volumetricclouds=1 in it edit it to 0 if it shows up there.

Unticking casting shadows is independent of the Volumetric cloud but can be found in lighting in P3D menu giving the cockpit a brighter look.

Edited by 40track
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 40track said:

Volumetric control slider within P3D world menu itself set to off (set far left) Cloud draw distance 90 miles  Cloud coverage set to maximum and in ASP3D leave ticked above examples ticked and leaving default min/max cloud draw distance as 90 miles (default). If that makes sense. 

Finally edit Prepar3d.cfg and if you see volumetricclouds=1 in it edit it to 0 if it shows up there.

Unticking casting shadows is independent of the Volumetric cloud but can be found in lighting in P3D menu giving the cockpit a brighter look.

what a detailed reply, perfect.

thank you very much.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

what a detailed reply, perfect.

thank you very much.

No probs. Thanks the Original poster for the idea.

23 hours ago, 40track said:

No probs. Thanks the Original poster for the idea.

I have Prevent ticked and Enable unticked and find that works best with Rex clouds.

• Like 2

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Apparently there's an orange tint moon reflection bug in EA from another poster so hopefully this would be fixed soon. 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:12 AM, fluffyflops said:

Just to confirm in activesky  you UNCHECK the 2 below options ?

1Capture.jpg

23-Capture.jpg

Thanks.

I have enable detailed clouds on, looks much better here!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

Just did this and there is a nice difference clouds look better. Wonder why its left unchecked. Maybe its a work in progress. Clean out shader cache folder too so to be sure. 

Update 

There seems to be a laggier feel to the new cloud layer so ill leave it to you to keep testing. Thanks for the pointer tho.

Edited by 40track

8 hours ago, rob0203 said:

thanks

14ppkc-6.png