Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

P3Dv5.2.1 Blue Tint and Haze?

I'm sure this is a basic question but I'm moving from v4.5.  As much as I'd like to use EA, when it is enabled (even with volumetric clouds at 0), I have a terrible blue tint and haze.  As much as I've worked on settings I haven't found a way to compensate for this.  Would someone help me, or is this inherent to Enhanced Atmospherics?  If so, why would anyone use it?  Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Chuck Dreier said:

I'm sure this is a basic question but I'm moving from v4.5.  As much as I'd like to use EA, when it is enabled (even with volumetric clouds at 0), I have a terrible blue tint and haze.  As much as I've worked on settings I haven't found a way to compensate for this.  Would someone help me, or is this inherent to Enhanced Atmospherics?  If so, why would anyone use it?  Thanks!!

Hi Chuck. I don’t know the answer but as a user of 5.1 HF2 I was quite surprised by the blue wall. Not experienced that visual in previous versions and I find it quite silly looking. 

With clouds it sort of works but in CAVU?  Forget it!

-btacon

Wow!  I followed the setting guidelines by the book.   After all of this I’m really not sure what’s the advantage of using v5.2.1 compared to v4.5.3.  I really am baffled as far as a significant or compelling difference?

Edited by Chuck Dreier

Unfortunately not realistic at all. It's getting to the point where you wonder what's going on.

I've seen haze, low visibility but blueish and washed colors like it at any hour during day time like this never ever in real life.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Please understand.  I’m not complaining, but after many hours of installation I’m not seeing any advantage of v5 compared to a well tuned v4.  Would a few of you please explain the benefits. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Well, for me, the advantage is 100% in the performance. P3Dv5 enables me, with a 'okay' computer, to go full-out on places like LA and NYC with the likes of the PMDG 747. I have never been able to do this before. Personally I also like EA better than the legacy atmospherics, but it seems that this is a matter of taste to some extent?

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

23 hours ago, Chuck Dreier said:

As much as I'd like to use EA, when it is enabled (even with volumetric clouds at 0), I have a terrible blue tint and haze. 

It takes some getting used to, but can actually seem more realistic when airborne in hilly or mountainous territory.  If you do not like it, turn off EA and it will look like V4.5 again.  The performance of V5 vs V4 is still noticeable.

Here an example: EA on and off..

k8rV35A.jpg

Z8lUoJZ.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

18 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Personally I also like EA better than the legacy atmospherics, but it seems that this is a matter of taste to some extent?

It's more so a matter of EA being work in progress and rather slow at that. For example, they only now got rid of the extremely red sky and clouds during dusk, one year after release that is. There are still bugs and shortcomings in 5.2 like the cloud grid pattern or clouds cut off all at the same altitude with no overlap. I like it and have been flying with it enabled since 5.1, but there is still a long way to go, especially if you look at trueSKY promo videos which are a hundred miles away still from what we are seeing in P3D.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I’ve worked and fiddled with this.  I’m back to 4.5.3.  Seriously, it’s still not worth it for me.  My Version 5 Professional is bought and paid for since the day it was released.  Maybe down the road.

Edited by Chuck Dreier