Sign in to follow this  
spilok

5.2's ABSOLUTELY BEST ADVANCEMENT

I am glad to hear that stability has been improved in 5.2, but I remember having had stability in v3.4 and now 4.5, so this is not something that should be branded as "the absolute best advancement". But I am happy that the OP is happy about 5.2.

• Upvote 1

I'll probably do the 5.2 update this week.  But stability was never a problem for me in 5.1.  Locked 30 was always smooth.  Happy to hear however for the OP that things are going well

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

Wait for the EnvShade update …

Gerard,

Is EnvShade supposed to fix that? That's the one thing that keeps EA turned off for me.

NAX669.png

As someone who is currently sticking to 4.5 partly for stability reasons, does 5.2 make V5 worth the upgrade now?

I'd be happy to take advantage of what I can with my slightly outdated GPU (RX5708G), may not be able to do all the fancy 3D cloud stuff but if I can be reassurred I can run it at a good fps without having to worry too much about VRAM I may make the jump.

• Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

I am absolutely in agreement with the originator of this post as regards stability even though I do not use EA or HDR because the latter makes my VC too dark.  Have done a couple of flights and performance is great.

Had only one crash and that was caused by ChasePlane which has never failed me, perhaps the developer may have to check that it is fully compatible with this version of the sim.

Happy days are here again.

• Upvote 1

When I press the brakes the sim freezes for about 2 seconds...is that just me?  Anyone know a fix?

18 minutes ago, Greg073 said:

When I press the brakes the sim freezes for about 2 seconds...is that just me?  Anyone know a fix?

Turn off on screen message/text display in settings. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Well all I can say is that personally I have no issue with the LM update process. I have a major issue with the fact that the way updates happen across the software world these days is starting to represent a cacophony of bedlam not a symphony. Too many interdependent parts all being constantly thrown into dissarray or failing as somebody updates and then updates again. This merry go around is starting to drive me nuts! And yes what have MS done recently with their WIN10 updates that appears to have returned the old automation.dll issue now with 5.2 - just wondering! I  just want to enjoy the sim, not spend an hour or two everyday being presented with update this or update that and checking to see what is busted now!

Edited by coastaldriver
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, coastaldriver said:

Well all I can say is that personally I have no issue with the LM update process. I have a major issue with the fact that the way updates happen across the software world these days is starting to represent a cacophony of bedlam not a symphony. Too many interdependent parts all being constantly thrown into dissarray or failing as somebody updates and then updates again. This merry go around is starting to drive me nuts! And yes what have MS done recently with their WIN10 updates that appears to have returned the old automation.dll issue now with 5.2 - just wondering! I  just want to enjoy the sim, not spend an hour or two everyday being presented with update this or update that and checking to see what is busted now!

You said it well. This hobby seems more about software then love for aviation which is what bought me to it in the first place. The excitement of an update soon devolves into the misery of getting everything back running properly. 

• Like 2

Vic green

3 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

You said it well. This hobby seems more about software then love for aviation which is what bought me to it in the first place. The excitement of an update soon devolves into the misery of getting everything back running properly. 

My second hobby is trainsimming. Over in those forums it is the same: if a new route or loco is announced, there is enthusiasm and "can´t wait". Soon after release, there is mainly nitpicking. Therefore, go flying, find technical help in the huge knowledgebase of our forums and offer help to others.

Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Looking forward to 5.2 as soon as FSL has released the bus.

For reasons unknown to me i have alot of power surge issues with shadows and my GTX1080TI EVGA FTW3 in 5.1.

Disabling shadows (clouds specially) solves it.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Performance seems markedly improved on my end over 5.1. I need to play around with it more, but seems very promising. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Did some testing and flights and it seems better. I manage to use cloud shadows as well .

VRAM is improved alot. 9.2gb in FT KLAS with MCE NEVADA 4K in 5.1.

Now its 8gb in 5.2

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The EA and lighting engine is a massive leap forward, I just wish they could work out the clouds. They have been very disappointing 😞 Overall stability keeps on improving as does performance. All the best airliners in terms of modelling and fidelity are still arguably only available on P3D and in some ways that is testament to the sim.  

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti