Sign in to follow this  
downloaddude

Transition into climb in P3Dv5

Hello,

I have a similar problem to the one posted in May - upon takeoff in the Voice mode, I get the transition to takeoff roll, I declare check power and that is confirmed by the Co. After that, nothing happens (no v1 callout, no positive climb) and the co doesn't react to gears up unless I manually change the mode to climb mode in FS2Crew.

Thanks for your help

Adrian

When you said "Check power", did the FO reply "Power Checked?

Was V1 set in the Aircraft.

The V1 and Rotate calls are trigger based.

For V1, the triggers are:

Indicated airspeed > 50

indicated airspeed > than v1 as read out of the aircraft

aircraft on the ground.

That's why I asked if you had Linda or Spad Next running, because they can interfere with reading data out of the aircraft.

If FS2Crew can't read the value for V1 out of the aircraft, the sound won't trigger because it's a necessary condition.

Try it without using FSUIPC for external data.

Edited by byork

sorry I was off a couple of days. 

Concerning your remarks:

- Yes the check power reply is there

- all the 5 speeds are set (v1,vr,v2, Flap Retract and Min Climb)

- I haven't tried without FSUIPC yet, so you mean to deactivate the FSUIPC profile and use the joystick axes only directly in P3D? I might say, that I also have this setup in other aircraft like the PMDG 747,777 or 737 and have no problems of this kind with FS2Crew there.

Best regards 

Adrian

Each FS2Crew is different, because each host aircraft is very different internally.

If anything interferes with the values used to trigger the events, in this case, airspeed, V speeds, then the event won't trigger.

Are you using EZDOK?  Check this thread:

ok, I tried again:

- There was no reply to the check power, although the power was set and the callout was received by FS2Crew (green bar)

- all the 5 speeds are set (v1,vr,v2, Flap Retract and Min Climb)

- no call out at v1, no switch to climb after liftoff. When manually advancing to climb mode, you can continue with gear up

-I have disabled FSUIPC-settings and I didn't use the Thrustmaster TCA320 Throttle set. - so that doesn't solve the problem.

- I use EZdok, but have been using it for ages and it always worked.

Best regards 

Adrian

The problem with EZDOK is that it freezes the aircraft flight model, literally.  The Dash 8's flight model is very unique and different from your normal FS aircraft in this way.

As result, when FS2Crew attempts to read airspeed, it's going to detect 0 even though the aircraft  is in fact moving.

This messes up our event triggers, which are based on reading on indicated airspeed out of the simulator.

Try disabling EZDOK... you'll see it work then.

Best,

ok, I will try it next time but as I said, it's been working with EZDok for several years now. Of course it could be the version for P3Dv5, I think the problem started with P3Dv5. Anyway, I will report back as soon as I've tried.

Best regards

Adrian

I tried today and turned off ezdok for the takeoff (global disable) in the menu. It didn't solve the problem - I got a check power reply but no v1 etc. So again, I manually advanced to climb mode in the FS2Crew-Bar and then was able to retract the gear. 

Could you tell me what exactly triggers the transition from takeoff to climb mode?

Best regards

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

The trigger is the Rotate call itself.

For the Rotate call by the FO to trigger the conditions are:

1. Checklist mode =  >TAKEOFF PROC<

2. Indicated airspeed as read out of the flightsim > VR value as read out of the Dash 8

3. Aircraft on the ground

4. Linda option set to NO for the FO to announce "rotate"  (but the mode should still change, it's only the audio that wouldn't play)

But we know from experience there are only two things that cause problems here:

1. EZDOK (which literally freezes the Dash 8's model so it can apply its effects).

It's important to remember the Dash 8's airfile is like none other in FS.  They're doing things in a very different way compared to most.

2. Linda/Spad Next for hardware users due to way they read Lvars out of the Dash 8.

As I test I would disable EZDOK via the DLL.xml so it doesn't load at all and see if your issue happens again.

I'm still convinced based on experience your issue is EZDOK freezing the model.

Edited by byork

Thanks Bryan for this thorough explanation. I might try this on one of the next flights to see if Ezdok is the problem. Though I must admit, I've gotten so used to it, I would probably stick to the workaround and manually advance into climb mode.

Best regards

Adrian