Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

Available 27 July 2021 on the Xbox Series X|S (available for pre-order and pre-load now), with a free Top Gun: Maverick expansion arriving in the autumn.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 19

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

with a free Top Gun: Maverick expansion arriving in the autumn.

They showed a Carrier launch (with deck hands!) and an F-18 Super Hornet.

So I wonder if they're finally porting/recreating some of the FSX Acceleration features

I hope this means better supersonic flight physics.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

Dude how are you so fast? Water effects finally coming! Ground particle effects as well for that matter. Top Gun hype!!!!!

• Like 10

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Certainly looking impressive.. good detail and performance 😉

• Like 6

Bert

Looks very impressive, MSFS might be about to take another massive leap, I particularly liked the particle effects from after 47 second of the video.

Thanks for the post @ChaoticBeauty 

Edited by eaim
  • Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Yess. Proper water starts?

unknown.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

Would if I could - can't get an XSX in Australia. Would that be a DX12 rendering?

Mike Beckwith

1 minute ago, Highmike said:

Would if I could - can't get an XSX in Australia. Would that be a DX12 rendering?

I could be mistaken, but I believe the X-Box is DX12 only, so yes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I nearly screamed at the Top Gun visuals. The Ace Combat fans on Xbox who don't have a PC will welcome this openly. Well played Microsoft. Well played!

• Like 6

So MSFS Xbox is releasing on the 27th July, not too long to wait.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe the X-Box is DX12 only, so yes.

Yes it's dx12 only 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Looks like msfs is about to raise the bar again. The water effects look amazing!

• Like 9

Impressive!  Seems like DX12 is looking good.  People in the freeware community like ANN0V have got a mention, so this bodes well.

My favourite military is the Super Hornet, so I am really pleased by that, and the carrier.  A bit of a bombshell really.  It looks like they have been waiting for DX12 to get the particle effects right, and they are certainly looking good - water wakes, smoke, snow spray.

Do you think we will get a flyable version of that black ops jet that flew over (Aurora?).  :biggrin:

• Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Wakes and wheel FX.

z9HzQJu.png

AOpnFji.png

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Impressive!  Seems like DX12 is looking good.  People in the freeware community like ANN0V have got a mention, so this bodes well.

My favourite military is the Super Hornet, so I am really pleased by that, and the carrier.  A bit of a bombshell really.  It looks like they have been waiting for DX12 to get the particle effects right, and they are certainly looking good - water wakes, smoke, snow spray.

Do you think we will get a flyable version of that black ops jet that flew over (Aurora?).  :biggrin:

I don't think they'd have something that unique from the movie without it being flyable.

You can see Tom Cruise strapped into it in the movie trailers, he has to wear a pressure suit, so it's a high altitude plane like the SR-71.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3