Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Unless they are the usual partisan not-pickers from the other sims, I really can't see how anyone can find anything negative to say, but some people will try to find a way I suppose.

it wont matter anyway as the quality and content on display speaks for itself, so any snide remarks will simply bounce off.

To steal an American phrase, I think I might be 'pumped' about this.  I hope I haven't used the phrase incorrectly.  I hope it isn't anything rude! :biggrin:

you're good lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pstrub said:

I think even PC-only users have good reasons to be excited. Xbox is DirectX 12 only, so we're getting DX12 for PC, including all the optimisations for Xbox they've been talking about for months in the dev Q&A live sessions. 

They said they're not going to maintain two separate branches for PC and Xbox, so an update with lots of performance improvements is coming to PC soon. Hopefully around the release date for Xbox, but I wouldn't be suprised if the DX12 release for PC is slightly out of sync with the Xbox release due to additional beta testing. 

I wonder how many simmers will have to upgrade GPUs when DX12 lands. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Xbox will be a game changer for the majority of users. No more spending thousands to squeeze out a few FPS, so glad I didn't spend a ton of money on a flight sim PC.

4 minutes ago, pstrub said:

I think even PC-only users have good reasons to be excited. Xbox is DirectX 12 only, so we're getting DX12 for PC, including all the optimisations for Xbox they've been talking about for months in the dev Q&A live sessions. 

They said they're not going to maintain two separate branches for PC and Xbox, so an update with lots of performance improvements is coming to PC soon. Hopefully around the release date for Xbox, but I wouldn't be suprised if the DX12 release for PC is slightly out of sync with the Xbox release due to additional beta testing. 

In the last update, they said they were going to choose more people for beta testing an update that would bring huge performance but no new content and that should be SU5

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

Xbox will be a game changer for the majority of users. No more spending thousands to squeeze out a few FPS, so glad I didn't spend a ton of money on a flight sim PC.

I wonder how they can keep it updated on X Box. Will it require 60 GB downloads? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder how they can keep it updated on X Box. Will it require 60 GB downloads? 

Good question. I assume maybe the Xbox version won't be updated as frequently as the PC version?

Pretty sure they said PC and X-Box would get updates at nearly the same time.

Just now, B787Pilot3222 said:

Good question. I assume maybe the Xbox version won't be updated as frequently as the PC version?

shouldnt be any different than other xbox games getting updated. Remember this is just a pc under all that pretty skin. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

As far as I understand, both versions will be the same. I wouldn't be surprised if we already have covert XBox testers flying around with us ingame.

• Like 1

Just now, B787Pilot3222 said:

Apart from extra content (world updates etc.) I expect the bug fixes and feature updates will gradually become less and less over the coming months, as they get on top of things.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

I expect the bug fixes and feature updates will gradually become less and less

That seems very unlikely.

• Upvote 1

The other question I have is will their be a performance difference between the S and X consoles? From what I recall the S is not 4K and has less has less CPU performance?

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

Apart from extra content (world updates etc.) I expect the bug fixes and feature updates will gradually become less and less over the coming months, as they get on top of things.

That would be a reasonable expectation, but they've been working on it and pumping out updates like crazy with no signs of slowing down...lol.  These guys are animals!

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

A few.  Poor ChaoticBeauty will be one of them I think with an older DX11 card.

I think we should start a 'go fund me' page to buy CB a new GPU, for services rendered and all that.  Even better, I think for all of the positive publicity, Asobo should send CB a free issue 3080Ti :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 8

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I doubt the PC version will become DX12 only, it will most likely be a toggle in the graphics options.