Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

3 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

The biggest mistake many simmers made with MSFS was buying overpriced hardware before the sim even was out. 

Right. I was about to buy a new PC when I read first news about MSFS 2 years ago. I was amazed to see it running just perfectly even with pretty high settings when I was admitted to the alpha early on, and it still does (granted, aside VR, where I could need a bit more power yet).

In view of this, I am not going to buy an X-Box right now, even more as I have a lot of dedicated hardware (numerous Saitek Controls, Saitek panels, 9 FIPs, a networked 2nd machine for GPS and stuff).

This said, I am very happy X-box will lower the entry threshold into flight simulation bringing in new blood (and yes, customers too), which is always good.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 7

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

20 minutes ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

I’d happily jump ship from my PC to the Xbox, and put a few thousand back in the bank during the process

I have to say: I'm giving this serious thought.

What holds ME back is the fact that I hate playing first person shooters on consoles, and first person shooters make up about 80% of my gaming.

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

I have to say: I'm giving this serious thought.

What holds ME back is the fact that I hate playing first person shooters on consoles, and first person shooters make up about 80% of my gaming.

I'm the opposite. I enjoy playing first person shooters on consoles but I do realize that a mouse and keyboard is much better suited for those type of games. I guess I just enjoy gaming more from the couch *shrug* 

I can't wait to try MSFS on my Series X in July.

13 hours ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

Xbox will be a game changer for the majority of users. No more spending thousands to squeeze out a few FPS, so glad I didn't spend a ton of money on a flight sim PC.

While the base game will be the same, those with a PC will still have more options like buying from third party devs direct (think Orbx direct) and being able to tweak things be it through mods or altering the sim themselves.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

13 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

That would be a reasonable expectation, but they've been working on it and pumping out updates like crazy with no signs of slowing down...lol.  These guys are animals!

It's also in our interests for the sim to be more stable once the features and bug have been sorted?

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

While the base game will be the same, those with a PC will still have more options like buying from third party devs direct (think Orbx direct) and being able to tweak things be it through mods or altering the sim themselves.

Agreed but for those who can't afford a top of the line PC that can run MSFS in 4K, the Series X offers incredible value at $499 USD. The only caveat is that Xbox users will not be able to tweak things or download freeware mods from sites such as Flightsim.to given that the Xbox is a closed ecosystem. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, eaim said:

That's a good question if there will be ways to import previously bought addons into the X-Box version. As was stated long ago, this will certainly apply to Marketplace sales, but e.g. for ORBX Central sales it's an open question. Given ORBX is certainly innovative and interested in keeping their custoimers and getting new ones, I wouldn't exclude them having found an agreement with MS/Asobo on implementing this.

For smaller (typical 1-dev) makers I am less optimistic, though.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wait until the people on that "other forum" see this trailer.  

I think they might of passes out, and they still unconscious because I haven't see any reaction yet. 

• Like 2

I will buy an XBOX tomorrow if I could get one, but that`s my next GPU XBOX Series X. 

PS Wait till you see the new Windows announcement in a few weeks ref the in game market place, unlike steam no cost taken that`s why steam version will not play on XBOX only Aerosoft and Microsoft store, can be played on XBOX without game pass. 

This could also be Phil Spencer`s why of getting more big studios to XBOX that have in game purchases.   

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I'm thinking of getting an X-Box X, and I haven't had a console in 30 years. mainly for MSFS, but I preferred games like Tomb Raider etc... on a console sitting on the couch or comfortable chair as opposed to my PC. I don't like games of PC for stuff like that. Why I never finish them, or buy them in the first place. But main thing I go to family members house, ro somewhere else, X-Box goes with me 🙂 Portable! And I won't have extra stuff, just X-Box controller only!

I'm excited for MSFS on X-Box! And the X version is for 4K right?

• Like 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

2 minutes ago, in2tech said:

I'm thinking of getting an X-Box X, and I haven't had a console in 30 years. mainly for MSFS, but I preferred games like Tomb Raider etc... on a console sitting on the couch or comfortable chair as opposed to my PC. I don't like games of PC for stuff like that. Why I never finish them, or buy them in the first place. But main thing I go to family members house, ro somewhere else, X-Box goes with me 🙂 Portable! And I won't have extra stuff, just X-Box controller only!

I'm excited for MSFS on X-Box! And the X version is for 4K right?

Yes 4K and DX12 only no monitor needed just a 4K TV have 4 of them in the house.

Will DX12 be released on the PC before the XBOX Launch ?.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I would only consider an XBOX if my PC specs were below the XBOX. If your PC runs MSFS ok now, it will very likely run it better with DX12 plus the resolution will not go down to 720p when approaching NYC. 

It's still a console with a low clocking Ryzen CPU from a previous generation and a mid range GPU. Most current gaming PCs have higher specs.

Wait and don't trash your PC now for an XBOX.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

12 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Forget about XBox and DX12, I am super excited for the top gun DLC 🤩

I'm excited for both.😉

12 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Did they use community aircraft skins for this trailer, when there will be no way to install community skins on an actual XBox?  If so, typical MS marketing video..... 

Official 'Top Gun' fighter aircraft add-on when they aren't even allowed to show static missiles on the rails is pretty dumb if you ask me.

The current Licence mightn't allow for weapons but separate DLC's might be a way around it, or at the very worst third parties are free to do what they like, so one way or the other, in time we'll have working bombs and missiles on MSFS.

11 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

They could send me a check in the mail for $10 million if they wanted.  Anything is "possible".  They have a history of borderline false advertising with these video trailers (the water masks, which were only included after a lot of people raised a fuss).  This one shows a lot of fun liveries that aren't in the sim and if they are community liveries (which I suspect they are based on the community content creators being called out 2/3rds of the way through the video) there are likely no plans for them to be in the sim at launch on the XBox.

And every Flight Simulator Dev company doesn't enhance their promo videos up?

In fact every game has been touched up to some degree for their release video's.

The XBox launch and DX12 were expected, the TopGun expansion pack wasn't.

This an amazing surprise and I understand now we won't be able to predict MS next move for a while, they really now what they are doing on the marketing side.

However, I can't imagine the human ressources this expansion pack needs and I am a little bit concerned about the amount of bugs which are not fixed yet. I mean the World Map is buggy as hell and all of that. And don't tell me they are not the same people coding the World Map and the expansion pack.

How much time would Asobo need to create a taxi ribbon toggle ? 30min? And it hangs on their to-do liste for months now.

Do they know we are currently unable to follow ATC instructions on the ground because of that? 

I love new features but could we have the possibility to fly properly a flight from A to B with ATC without additional addons first?