Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

Phil Spencer`s future of MS game pass you will not need a PC or XBOX they are in talks with TV manufactures to steam it like Netflix, and try before you Games. Just buy a controller.   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

20 minutes ago, Noooch said:

The XBox launch and DX12 were expected, the TopGun expansion pack wasn't.

This an amazing surprise and I understand now we won't be able to predict MS next move for a while, they really now what they are doing on the marketing side.

However, I can't imagine the human ressources this expansion pack needs and I am a little bit concerned about the amount of bugs which are not fixed yet. I mean the World Map is buggy as hell and all of that. And don't tell me they are not the same people coding the World Map and the expansion pack.

How much time would Asobo need to create a taxi ribbon toggle ? 30min? And it hangs on their to-do liste for months now.

Do they know we are currently unable to follow ATC instructions on the ground because of that? 

I love new features but could we have the possibility to fly properly a flight from A to B with ATC without additional addons first?

Taxi ribbon toggle is not a priority, and not because it sounds simple doesn't mean it's simple to do. Msfs has thousands of lines of code, one change can break something else. And what part of the world map is buggy? I go to the map, choose my plane and airport then fly. What's buggy about that? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

You gotta love that negativity - but we all knew that it was coming.  lol

Cheers

bs

yeah, and always form the same ones, its funny , isnt it.

i guess some people just cannot enjoy life

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eaim said:

While the base game will be the same, those with a PC will still have more options like buying from third party devs direct (think Orbx direct) and being able to tweak things be it through mods or altering the sim themselves.

absolutely, that has been always the culprit of a console, but i see np there.

1 hour ago, rka said:

I would only consider an XBOX if my PC specs were below the XBOX. If your PC runs MSFS ok now, it will very likely run it better with DX12 plus the resolution will not go down to 720p when approaching NYC. 

It's still a console with a low clocking Ryzen CPU from a previous generation and a mid range GPU. Most current gaming PCs have higher specs.

Wait and don't trash your PC now for an XBOX.

you dotn seem toi have much clue there, the gpu equals to a 2080 super, you call that midrange, well ok.

always funny how some people like to hightlight the negatives.

One thing I find so amusing from this thread is the assumptions people make from things that were not said  and you just KNOW that in a months time people will be saying...  You promised us a release of DX12 on the PC in the trailer for the Xbox version.. where is it.. when they have done nothing of the sort.

This would be a much happier forum if people would not assume and would actually read without making additional assumptions of 2+2 = 5.

DX12 on PC may come, it may not, but nothing anywahere in the presentation or the FAQ or the official announcement has said it will be at the same time as the Xbox release 🙂  and yet if it doesn't people will still hold it against MS/Asobo because someone else assumed that it would be there.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 minute ago, Moria15 said:

One thing I find so amusing from this thread is the assumptions people make from things that were not said  and you just KNOW that in a months time people will be saying...  You promised us a release of DX12 in the trailer for the Xbox version.. where is it.. when they have done nothing of the sort.

This would be a much happier forum if people would not assume and would actually read without making additional assumptions of 2+2 = 5.

DX12 on PC may come, it may not, but nothing anywahere in the presentation or the FAQ or the official announcement has said it will be  🙂  and yet if it doesn't people will still hold it against MS/Asobo because someone else assumed that it would be there.

Graham

huh, whats wrong with you, it has been said that dx12 comes to pc, way before this. only not when.

you sound like another of those negatives around here.

• Like 1

Just now, wim123 said:

huh, whats wrong with you, it has been said that dx12 comes to pc, way before this. only not when.

you sound like another of those negatives around here.

yes but NOWHERE has it been said that it will be at the same time as the X-BOX release  which is what some are now taking as gospel.

I re-iterate.. people need to read. 🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

10 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

One thing I find so amusing from this thread is the assumptions people make from things that were not said  and you just KNOW that in a months time people will be saying... 

Graham

It struck me kinda funny, seemed kinda funny sir to me
Still at the end of every hard earned day people find some reason to believe 

Bruce Springsteen in Reason to believe in Nebraska. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

yes but NOWHERE has it been said that it will be at the same time as the X-BOX release  which is what some are now taking as gospel.

Graham

Well it seems the next dev Q&A on 30th of June, it will cover DX12 topic according to Jayne https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discussion-e3-announcement/409464/68

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

13 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Graham

Direct X 12 will be released for PC before or at the same time as the X-Box release. The reason is, if it's released at a different time, then MSFS will run on a different set of code for the X-Box and PC.  Asobo does not want a different set of code for the X-Box and PC because that doubles the complexity of testing, and doubles the complexity of patches.  

I am 99% sure X-Box and PC will have the same code set, because Asobo wants to avoid managing different branches of code.  And this has been Asobo's plan all along as per the Twitch Q&A's. And I say this from my experience as a software developer.  Managing different branches of code is a nightmare, especially if you have two different sets of code for production software.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, Moria15 said:

I guess you're right, but it implies a couple of good things for us PC pilots: DX12 was a requirement to make MSFS run on Xbox, and it was necessary to optimise it a lot in terms of memory usage and smoothness for Xbox, and it was pretty obvious that DX12 wouldn't come to the PC before MSFS is released on Xbox (they made this priority clear several times).

What this means is, they now (or soon) have the capacities to work on DX12 for PC. DX12 is basically the same for PC as for Xbox, so the major part of the work is finished. But DX12 is low-level, it requires to tailor the engine much more specifically to all the varieties of graphics hardware than for DX11, and we might see more testing before DX12 is released on PC. I'd imagine they'd make it optional on PC, so that users that have issues with DX12 have a working fallback solution. That's what has happened to most games with DX12...

Anyway, I still think it's good news. It seems they're starting the beta-testing of DX12 soon (mentioned it in the last dev Q&A), and we're going to see some performance improvements with it. Not because of DX12 itself, but rather because of all the optimisations that were necessary for Xbox are coming to PC now. 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

And what part of the world map is buggy? I go to the map, choose my plane and airport then fly. What's buggy about that? 

Try to create a custom waypoint near your flight path...

Anyway you don't understand my point.

Edited by Noooch

11 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Anyway, I still think it's good news., and we're going to see some performance improvements with it.

🤞

Common wisdom says no pain, no gain 😉.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

43 minutes ago, wim123 said:

you dotn seem toi have much clue there, the gpu equals to a 2080 super, you call that midrange, well ok.

always funny how some people like to hightlight the negatives.

You should work on your reading comprehension, and your writing could be improved as well 😉

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉