Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.2 Feedback to most important issues and statement LM

Dear users. We (BETA Testers) are in contact with LM about this HTML issues and LM is making progress. We can´t say anything more. But we are allowed to tell you that LM is working on this and other issues at the moment.

Also LM has given us BETA testers the approval of communicating this above. LM is aware of your issues and is collecting the most important things to work hard on solving them!

Marcus

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Deep thanks to LM for listening to the community and being reactive, and also to the beta-testers who spend their personal time for the enjoyment of us all!

• Like 2

- TONY -

I've reported this to LM and Beau has indicated that there was a change to 5.2 that will not use an Intel Integrated Graphics Adapter if it does not detect 1.5G of video memory. I have a 3090 with a 4K HDR monitor and a 2K display, and use the IGA for a third screen. I run 2D views such as FS2Crew and other views that I use.  This takes them off of the main, full screen display where they cause substantial FPS reductions.  Running a 2D view on either the 4K or 2K monitor halves the FPS.  Adding FS2Crew takes the FPS down to ~12 FPS.  Now the IGA display will show the windows but does not update them or allow interactions.  This is due to the non-detection of the IGA as a valid graphics card (Intel reports that is has 16G available!).  This is a major show stopper.

Other display anomalies include the pop window menu being limited to the interior of the popup window which makes it difficult to access the menu for odd shaped windows, such as FS2Crew main window.

Also, for some reason TrackIR looses communications with the sim.  I use the default  F9 to pause stop responding to head inputs.  I can get it to work briefly by killing it and restarting TrackIR, but this only last for a little while.  I've checked for other assignments of F9 and there are not controls interacting with it.  Worked fine in 5.1.  Chaseplane sees it and works properly.

Thanks for reading.  Any suggestions are welcome.

• Like 1

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

Thanks for the update. Glad that LM is working on the issues 👍

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

@mpo910, thanks for posting that. I hope they’re also aware the switch to more CPU processing to ease the GPU load has produced a worse experience for me.

I have posted on this forum about it but also on the LM one.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hopefully there will be a Hotfix very soon. Every time we are happy about the improvements new issues appear that need a Hotfix …

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

24 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Hopefully there will be a Hotfix very soon. Every time we are happy about the improvements new issues appear that need a Hotfix …

LM has proven, that they really can sort issues out. Remember the mess with the V5.1 and after the HF1....every major issue disapeared. After  V5.1 HF1 it got really really quite about issues in the community. Let´s hope we will have the same situation with 5.2HF1.😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@mpo910, thanks for posting that. I hope they’re also aware the switch to more CPU processing to ease the GPU load has produced a worse experience for me.

I have posted on this forum about it but also on the LM one.

Ray, you can´t be serious...for decades everyone demanded

"put the workload away from the CPU, that we don´t have this bottleneck anymore and put more on the GPU because modern GPU´s have more power and should do their job"

or

"...my CPU runs allways at 99 % and my GPU at 15 %, because of this i have severe stutters...can you please change this LM...this is not state of the art anymore..."

etc. etc. etc

And now YOU ask to switch more processing onto the CPU !?! 😔

I really love british humor! 😉

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

@BerndB, where have I asked for more processing to be moved to the CPU? Read my posts again. It’s the move to CPU for more processing to ease the GPU that has caused this problem.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@BerndB, where have I asked for more processing to be moved to the CPU? Read my posts again. It’s the move to CPU for more processing to ease the GPU that has caused this problem.

Ooops, Ray, yes now with your hint i do understand the sentence in vice versa, after reading it 3 times again. As a non-native english interpreter it´s sometimes hard, I´am very sorry about that i´ve got it wrong. Please take my honest excuse.😏

• Like 2

Bernd

@mpo910 please do me a favor and point them to that thread on their forum regarding the heavy rain with EA enabled causing graphic anomalies. Maybe  you can try it  yourself in 5.2 if you have the PMDG 777 to replicate it? I know AS3PD has historical wx feature.  

Eric 

1 hour ago, BerndB said:

Ooops, Ray, yes now with your hint i do understand the sentence in vice versa, after reading it 3 times again. As a non-native english interpreter it´s sometimes hard, I´am very sorry about that i´ve got it wrong. Please take my honest excuse.😏

I love it when simmers do this.  It can be very hard for some of us to admit to making a mistake, but when they do, it is very gratifying.

Well done BernB and Ray for the "heart" which indicates acceptance of the humble apology.

Tony

• Like 3

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

7 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I love it when simmers do this.  It can be very hard for some of us to admit to making a mistake, but when they do, it is very gratifying.

Well done BernB and Ray for the "heart" which indicates acceptance of the humble apology.

Tony

It’s easy to forget that for many of the forum members English is not their primary language.

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have a 3090. So as you can imagine the last I want is more work shifted to the cpu. Watching this now 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next