Sign in to follow this  
DickDastardly

New member.

Hello everyone,I'm a complete beginner to any kind of Flight Simulators.I've been on a bit of a spending spree to get my Flight Sim up and running,i'm really looking forward to having my first flying lesson.I intend DIYlng my own cockpit,I'll do modifications as i progress.Thanks for reading.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! 😀  Got questions?....we have answers!  Got money??  We'll help you spend it!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Welcome to Avsim. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Welcome to Avsim!  Yes, are eager to help and to help you spend more of your money. 😃

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hello DickDastardly,

Let me add my own warm welcome to this forum. 

Please do not keep us in suspenders and let us know what you have spent your money on.  I spent a fortune but that included different shoes for arguing in and special shoes (and T-Shirt) for the days I do "nice" LOL

Lots of information to be gleaned here and generally a very willing community which pitches in to help those who are laboring.

I wish you the best and a long and pleasant tenure here

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

4 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello DickDastardly,

Let me add my own warm welcome to this forum. 

Please do not keep us in suspenders and let us know what you have spent your money on.  I spent a fortune but that included different shoes for arguing in and special shoes (and T-Shirt) for the days I do "nice" LOL

Lots of information to be gleaned here and generally a very willing community which pitches in to help those who are laboring.

I wish you the best and a long and pleasant tenure here

Regards

Tony

I've just finished a wooden cockpit base,i found a London taxi cab drivers seat on Ebay so i picked that up this morning.I have on order a new gaming PC,that will be ready in about ten days.

I've got a Honeycomb yoke,

Logitech G pro rudder pedals,

Logitech Throttle quadrant. for now.i cant seem to get hold of the new Honecomb Bravo throttle quadrant yet.

I want to make my own Cesna cockpit,been looking at various  designs just can't make up my mind.I'll post a picture later.Cheers.

• Like 1