Sign in to follow this  
TENPATROL

Free Top Gun: Maverick Expansion releasing November 19 2021

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Different teams in the company work on different stuff.

Yup.

And there is also the possibility that this expansion pack is being done by a third party, leaving Asobo (and Working Title) to continue to do what they can to improve the sim overall.

...jim

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

2 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

Meh. I’d rather just go play DCS F-18 module with the Super Carrier module. I mean, cool, you are giving us an unrealistic f18 and a random carrier but I think all of us can agree we would rather them have paused this type of work to devote to fixing some of the issues still rampant in the current version. They have made great strides the past few updates but still have a ways to go.

2 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

The kids that fly the fighter jet in GTA don’t care that it’s unrealistic but they fly it in there droves. Your probably saying now, well I don’t want that and that’s exactly the point, this is not aimed at you it’s a marketing move for the onboarding of thousands of Xbox users that will get sucked right into the idea of this.

It will have zero bearing on the progress of other areas of the sim however, it’s all part of future proofing the Xbox platform which is just as important because long term this will be a big part of paying the bills that keep the lights on.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I imagine (actually hope) the Super Hornet will be a bit more realistic than the FSX Acceleration F-18. Obviously not DCS level, but like the flight model/dynamics

I wonder how they're going to program the flight dynamics for the "Darkstar" (the SR-72 looking stealth plane at the end) considering it's a fictional aircraft.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, dfanucci said:

If I can't contact the tower and request a fly-by, I'm not interested.

That’s a negative ghost rider…. It has to say it or am back to XP

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I hope XP can respond with something at least.

wut?

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Why?  This is the MSFS forums.  Why would you hope X-Plane can respond with something and post it here?

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2

Those non flexing wings on the Hornet are a big no no!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm just guessing based off the fact that none of the free world update airports are encrypted, unlike the Deluxe/Premium ones.

My view - user developers don't encrypt. and commercial developers encrypt.   So I think the determining factor is whether the content comes from a commercial developer.

Is it Paramount paying Microsoft to advertise the movie, Microsoft paying Paramount to fish out new customers in the movie goer crowd  ... or a mutual back scratching arrangement 🤣 ? 

Next step equip default airports with Coke vending machines ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

24 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Is it Paramount paying Microsoft to advertise the movie, Microsoft paying Paramount to fish out new customers in the movie goer crowd  ... or a mutual back scratching arrangement 🤣 ? 

Next step equip default airports with Coke vending machines ?

Why not? I've already flew over  a few targets, Walmart and dicks sporting goods. 

9 hours ago, Greazer said:

Greazer.

We didn't even make it past page two before a comment like this.

Sir, this is an MSFS forum.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Whatever it brings, it certainly will bring native support for supersonic speeds I guess. Let's hope the accompanying effects (vapor, AB, etc.) will be there too.