Sign in to follow this  
Guest flaflyer2

sim1.dll causing error messages

Guest petepawn

Hi all!Having enjoyed and flown around with FSX since October I yesterday began getting crashes for the first time. Twice yesterday and once today. All the crashes (error msg and closing..) happened in the very beginning of the flight session. And funny that the last add-on I have installed was in the January 2nd.So I have beside FSX: ActiveSky, Cloud9 landclass,JustFlight Traffic05 with military pack, FSGenesis meshes, F1 C172 and as the newest one FSD Piper Seneca. Seneca is the plane I have used the most of time but the crashes started happening only yesterday.In every error message stands sim1.dll as the reason. Anybody have any idea what is going wrong?ThanksPetteri PulkkinenVihti, Finland

Guest firehawk44

This 'dll' has been the subject of several threads on AVSIM and, as far as I know, a definitive solution to the problem has not been found. You might check out all the threads on AVSIM, using sim1.dll as your key word, to see if anything fits your problem/system configuration. I think this is the first time I have heard of a sim1.dll crash with FSX. You might look at what you did with FSX just before the error message(s). Did you upgrade a video card or sound card driver, install a new scenery, new aircraft, etc., just before the crash? Also check XP's event viewer to see if there's any additional information concerning each crash. FYI, I have the Cloud9 landclasses and FSG meshes installed and I have had no crashes (yet). Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

Guest petepawn

Thanks for the answer, Jim!I've not done any updates/-grades, but I have a strong intuition that this sim1.dll problem with FSX has sth to do with AI traffic... Anyway, I did succeed without crash in my next flight attempt. The big question now remains in whether JF Traffic05 or ActiveSky are guilty..Petteri

Guest flaflyer2

yes,yes, I am getting it too. I also have some of the sdd ons that you have but I had those for a while with no problems. It happens every so often. I have to say that I have noticed it mostly in europe and mostly around amsterdam. I have done nothing but install a world of ai package for jade cargo that uses amsterdam. I tried taking out the package thinking that it was the culprit but it wasn't. I'm relieved that some other people are having the same problems. I have been just living with it. By the way there is no pattern. It happens in the air, on the ground, any season, any time and any day of the week. I hope someone can figure this out.