Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

v5.2 Texture Glitches

Running into a head-scratcher, maybe someone else has some insight on.  At seemingly random intervals when loading into the sim (can happen instantly when changing aircraft or loading into the sim, or after a several seconds), I'll have aircraft textures load wrong, runway/building/tree textures go missing, and visuals just general "glitch out" for lack of any other term or correlation.

I did a full update client/scenery/content, do not have any modified shaders installed(shader cache rebuilt), no FPS drops or stutters like some have, and have tried to isolate this toggling EA, dynamic reflections/lighting, etc. to no avail.  Even a reinstall of each of these mnodules as well.  Seems to happen to almost every scenery or aircraft without any correlation I can determine.  Does anyone else out there see things like this or maybe have any suggestions?

System is a 7700K @ 4.8, 16 GB RAM @ 3100, 3080 (VRAM usage is usually less than 50% of capacity...only running 1440p) - have never had these issues with 5.1 or prior.

FPOjVxL.jpg

afU42AN.jpg

sTbtygU.jpg

tjp47Hp.png

Ez90blM.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

When you reinstalled, did you delete your shaders and p3d.cfg?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I'd suspect a shader or graphics driver issue.

First I'd clear the DirectX shader cache, as well as deleting the shaders in the sim.  If that doesn't do it, then a clean driver reinstall.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

7 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

When you reinstalled, did you delete your shaders and p3d.cfg?

Yes.

1 hour ago, CaptKornDog said:

Running into a head-scratcher, maybe someone else has some insight on.  At seemingly random intervals when loading into the sim (can happen instantly when changing aircraft or loading into the sim, or after a several seconds), I'll have aircraft textures load wrong, runway/building/tree textures go missing, and visuals just general "glitch out" for lack of any other term or correlation.

I did a full update client/scenery/content, do not have any modified shaders installed(shader cache rebuilt), no FPS drops or stutters like some have, and have tried to isolate this toggling EA, dynamic reflections/lighting, etc. to no avail.  Even a reinstall of each of these mnodules as well.  Seems to happen to almost every scenery or aircraft without any correlation I can determine.  Does anyone else out there see things like this or maybe have any suggestions?

System is a 7700K @ 4.8, 16 GB RAM @ 3100, 3080 (VRAM usage is usually less than 50% of capacity...only running 1440p) - have never had these issues with 5.1 or prior.

FPOjVxL.jpg

afU42AN.jpg

sTbtygU.jpg

tjp47Hp.png

Ez90blM.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Are you running any ORBX scenery/airports?

41 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Yes.

Did you also delete your shaderhlsl folder in p3d root directory before installing client? if not, do that too, that fixed the same problem for me. Basically if you dont delete and regenerate the shaderhlsl folder, the new shaders it creates will still be corrupted.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

10 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Did you also delete your shaderhlsl folder in p3d root directory before installing client? if not, do that too, that fixed the same problem for me. Basically if you dont delete and regenerate the shaderhlsl folder, the new shaders it creates will still be corrupted.

Yes I did.

well done detective inspector Ainscough !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

22 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

LM responded.  It appears they moved many files out of Content (Install_Content.msi) into Client (Install_Client.msi).  So if you execute the standard process of updating in this order:

1. Install_Client.msi
  2. Install_Content.msi
  3. Install_Scenery.msi

then you'll end up with missing files and hence black textures.  To recover from this, you'll need to run the Install_Client.msi again.  So the new sequence to use is:

1. Install_Content.msi
  2. Install_Client.msi
  3. Install_Scenery.msi

I've recommended LM update there support thread here.  Might want to make this a sticky on AVSIM?

Cheers, Rob.

Have not yet installed this recent update, so am I to use the "new sequence" as you noted?? Or, am I to use the initial sequence, Client, Content, Scenery? Is the new sequence of installation a recommended fix only for this texture problem the OP has experienced?

Thanks,

Raymie

Or just download the full installer and don't bother with the individual msi if are are planning on installing all 3 anyways.

• Like 1

Eric 

but if you cant be bothered !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

No, full install means you have to reload ALL your add-ons and/or make adjustments to those add-ons.

With all due respect,  I have many add-ons and not all outside the sim. Orbx base files, Flightbeam, all DD scenery and PMDG are inside the main folder. 

I uninstalled all of 5.1, reinstalled 5.2 using the all in one file, did the verify files via Orbx Central for all my base files with them and was back flying. All my scenery is still there and 0 issues. Fired up PMDG 777 and no issues at all. This works as long as you install 5.2 were 5.1 was. Didnt have to reload anything. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

On 6/14/2021 at 9:57 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

LM responded.  It appears they moved many files out of Content (Install_Content.msi) into Client (Install_Client.msi).  So if you execute the standard process of updating in this order:

1. Install_Client.msi
  2. Install_Content.msi
  3. Install_Scenery.msi

then you'll end up with missing files and hence black textures.  To recover from this, you'll need to run the Install_Client.msi again.  So the new sequence to use is:

1. Install_Content.msi
  2. Install_Client.msi
  3. Install_Scenery.msi

I've recommended LM update there support thread here.  Might want to make this a sticky on AVSIM?

Cheers, Rob.

This fixed it.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1