Sign in to follow this  
coastaldriver

5.2 View Change - Hanging and Stutters

Only discovered this problem this morning attempting a comparison of True Sky at varius locations with some real time photographs from Sky Cams at airports.

Several changes of view ok, bit of lag, then slew mode, same. Change airport and location, will do it once or twice, again hangs between window view changes, then bang black screen of death on about the 3rd iteration or airport change. Restart will only get the sim back and operational, just hangs un responsive including the menu bar!

I checked the sim settings noted the sim default is set to pause between task switch, I turned this OFF and now no crash between switch views a little lag but if you switch to full screen - black screen of death. Hmmmm!

Seems the old Windows issue of window view window controls is back again - I remember the automation.dll issue in FSX? I wonder if WIN10 which recently updated has done it again here and it is not P3D. Any views appreciated!

MS did a WIN10 update several hours ago on my system. A so called Cumulative update. Now P3DV5 just crashes everytime the mouse is used or clicked in the main window of the sim. So now a sim that worked ok, then had a MS update started to play up, then a further update killed it good!. Completely at a loss with this now!

1 hour ago, coastaldriver said:

MS did a WIN10 update several hours ago on my system. A so called Cumulative update. Now P3DV5 just crashes everytime the mouse is used or clicked in the main window of the sim. So now a sim that worked ok, then had a MS update started to play up, then a further update killed it good!. Completely at a loss with this now!

Hi

Will install 5.2 later today, full reinstall. 

Can you confirm the W10 update version that caused these issues for you?

Thank you

Hi not sure I have done a complete remove and reinstall including activation. First run, all started normally, then a change of vehicle - another aircraft resulted in black screen of death!. Nothing completey unresponsive. I can think of no other change or addition since I first installed 5.2 which by the way ran perfectly without issues for me for several days until these updates, there was also an NVIDIA driver update as well, so that also could be the culprit. Trying a rollback now to see if that fixes things. Unbelievable really!

Update - I checked all relevant installed PC hardware and software. All other programs on WN10 working normally.

I then rolled back the NVIDIA driver from the latest update (466.77) and installed an earlier NVIDIA Studio Driver not the Game Driver (Studio Driver 462.59). Restart and reload. Change of scenery and change of vehicle and test flight. All working normally now!. I can only speculate and only have suspicions about what is clashing with what but with an older and different driver V5.2 is now operating normally. Thats where I will leave it. 

2 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Update - I checked all relevant installed PC hardware and software. All other programs on WN10 working normally.

I then rolled back the NVIDIA driver from the latest update (466.77) and installed an earlier NVIDIA Studio Driver not the Game Driver (Studio Driver 462.59). Restart and reload. Change of scenery and change of vehicle and test flight. All working normally now!. I can only speculate and only have suspicions about what is clashing with what but with an older and different driver V5.2 is now operating normally. Thats where I will leave it. 

Thanks for the update.

Sure I saw a hotfix for that Nvidia Driver version, 466.79 shortly after the .77 was released.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/456994/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-46679-released-61/

Downloading 5.2 later tonight, might take till morning. Hoping the v5,2 Hotfix is still some way off 🙂

I had a black screen when changing views that seemed to take forever, I waited, and it eventually loaded. I thought the sim had crashed but no.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

same here.. heaven forbid testing stuff before release, thats so 2008.

i would advise anyone on the fence to wait until the hotfix,  I know simbol, marcus, gerald, rob seemily think LM walk on water.  

They dont,  its a another buggy release brought out again too early without suffiecient testing.  

Maybe if they spent a little more time testing they might not look silly again like they did with the release of 5.0

its a thumbs down from me im afriad.  9 beta releases and we cant switch views.  its poor .

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

my bottom ( other word not allowed )  is sore from all this fence sitting ! lol 😄

Edited by sonny147
non allowed word

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

I had a black screen when changing views that seemed to take forever, I waited, and it eventually loaded. I thought the sim had crashed but no.

out of interest is this happening in fullscreen or windowed ?

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

out of interest is this happening in fullscreen or windowed ?

I haven't tried in windowed mode since I'm always in fullscreen mode. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I can only speculate and have nothing definitive at this time. I know that the initial installation of 5.2 ran like a dream no stutters, hangs and no issues with the installation (apart from couple of incompatable addons - that are being updated). Then came the MS WIN10 update and the NVIDIA driver update and the whole program became seriously unstable all in the views and changing views or selecting a different vehicle (again changing the view or textures etc). At one stage just moving or pointing the mouse in the screen caused a CTD instantly, changing from windowed to full screen produced the black hang screen and totally unresponsive.

I did a complete fresh install from scratch with a reactivation - and then rolled back the NVIDIA driver to the earlier studio version (I am using an RTX 2070 Super card). Now the whole program is back working again as it did before those two updates. I have found also in the past with NVIDIA driver updates that the Studio driver seems to be more stable than the so called Game drivers.  

Edited by coastaldriver
addtional informaton

Is this view change hang related to the HTML5 issues people are reporting?  Both seem to be diverting with various different experiences and correlations.

I’m getting the view change hang as well; sim hangs enough it turns to a white screen with blue wheel.  If I’m lucky, it’ll recover after about 60-90 seconds; but it’s long enough to disconnect my VATSIM client, ACARS, or any other FSUIPC apps I could be running.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Noticed these stutters as well with Chaseplane changing views  and sometimes a black screen or texture reloading.

Anything new on this matter ?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've just disabled ALL information text (brakes, name of view, everything...) and it seems to have stopped the freezes on view change for me.

However, the ATC window still doesn't allow me to select anything...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti