Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

Keyboard entries for FMS ?

Hi Folks. Is there a way to use my keyboard to enter waypoint names into the 'Direct To' FMS data screen? I am finding it difficult to use the outer and inner knobs in the FMS bezel because a tooltip pops up and my mouse wheel wants to zoom the cockpit view. I end up trying to enter the data, avoid the tooltip and stop my view from being zoomed in and out. All at the same time!! LOL.  I still have a lot to learn in the sim and so I would appreciate any ideas from you.

Thanks...Kenny.

p.s. I should have said that this is in the default Cessna172 G1000 screens.

Edited by kenny584

nope. There is no keyboard on a real G1000. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Some G1000 equipped aircraft do have a keypad (Garmin GCU 475 keyboard) such as the TBM900 and Citation Mustang, but none of these have been developed for the sim yet.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

15 hours ago, kenny584 said:

Hi Folks. Is there a way to use my keyboard to enter waypoint names into the 'Direct To' FMS data screen? I am finding it difficult to use the outer and inner knobs in the FMS bezel because a tooltip pops up and my mouse wheel wants to zoom the cockpit view. I end up trying to enter the data, avoid the tooltip and stop my view from being zoomed in and out. All at the same time!! LOL.  I still have a lot to learn in the sim and so I would appreciate any ideas from you.

Thanks...Kenny.

p.s. I should have said that this is in the default Cessna172 G1000 screens.

At least you can disable the tooltips in the sim settings, also the zoom speed can be adjusted, that helps a lot.

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

Hi EDDB2020.

Can you be a bit more specific as to where I disable the tooltips and adjust the zoom speed? I have been through everything I can think off and I have most things disabled or set to the Hard setting yet I am still seeing the tooltips pop up.

By the way, you look so young to have this much knowledge (LOL).

Thanks...Kenny

29 minutes ago, kenny584 said:

Hi EDDB2020.

Can you be a bit more specific as to where I disable the tooltips and adjust the zoom speed? I have been through everything I can think off and I have most things disabled or set to the Hard setting yet I am still seeing the tooltips pop up.

By the way, you look so young to have this much knowledge (LOL).

Thanks...Kenny

tooltips are somewhere in that middle part if you do an escape .  hehe i just put them on lol