Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

dynamic reflections

As I was taking screenshots of my settings to prepare for my update to 5.2 I noticed I had dynamic reflections selected off.  I'm sure there was a reason  I turned it off but I can't remember.  What's everybody doing with this setting?   

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

46 minutes ago, micstatic said:

As I was taking screenshots of my settings to prepare for my update to 5.2 I noticed I had dynamic reflections selected off.  I'm sure there was a reason  I turned it off but I can't remember.  What's everybody doing with this setting?   

There was a bug at 5.0 and 5.1 where terrain was lightened up at night and glossy PBR textures at PBR materials when not using the HF1 at 5.1.

Maybe that's the reason you turned it off?

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I have a 3090 and run it at Ultra. Looks good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

Thanks guys.  Look forward to playing with it some more.  The 3090 I have is not breaking enough of a sweat.  So want to load some more GPU-centric tasks on it. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Thanks guys.  Look forward to playing with it some more.  The 3090 I have is not breaking enough of a sweat.  So want to load some more GPU-centric tasks on it. 

If you wanna make the 3090 sweat, crank the EA cloud res to ultra. It will hit 100% and 80 deg in no time. It does the same with xenviro too. don’t know how it handles MSFS clouds since i don’t have that sim yet. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

18 minutes ago, vin747 said:

If you wanna make the 3090 sweat, crank the EA cloud res to ultra. It will hit 100% and 80 deg in no time. It does the same with xenviro too. don’t know how it handles MSFS clouds since i don’t have that sim yet. 

I could try it to test.  But I'm not digging EA clouds.  Just can't enjoy the grid patterns.  

Can't decide between Ultra and High here, I tend to alternate, with my 3080.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Since I updated from 4.5 to 5.2 I feel like I am now able to crank this up from low. I like how the refection changes from under bright sun light to under a shadow so I'll have to tune this up to high. Is there a way I could customize the resolution and the reflected contents? I want to get more fps while staying at high. Thank you in advance!

Edited by Cedric Sin

Regards,

C Schaffhausen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I just went from 5.2 back to 5.1.  But I have this cranked up now after having it off.  I like it also.  Since I don't use EA, I am not having issues with it.