Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

New Yoke and Throttle for Xbox and PC

Thanks for the link. This goes definitely beyond some cheap beginner's gear. I'll certainly reserve final judgement until we have more detail, but at first glance this seems to be a well-thought universal control set - although real rudder pedals should be added at a point.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

For Turtle Beach to venture into this, there must be planning on selling a lot. 

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Wow - That really looks like a nice piece of kit! 

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Neat product thanks for sharing - never own an xbox but got my attention when TPERSON mentioned it was windows 10 also 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Yup Me wants one of these - very well thought out 

Rich Sennett

Had a quick conversation with support - looking at least a couple of months before being able to purchase one - that may be wishful thinking but looks worth the wait

Rich Sennett

Hubba hubba. Looks like a better setup than the honeycomb IMO, and cheaper. I really like the GA controls. Hopefully the yoke is less stiff than the honeycomb.

now that is looking good...i am planning for  a new hotas but this makes me think again, main issue here is lack of space and

a hotas stakes up way less space i am still using a very old saitek x45..amasing it still works.

Great to see the integration to several functions including the trim wheel in the same package but Hall sensor for the yoke only, apparently not for the throttle/mixture/prop set. That means spikes in the signal when the potentiometers wears out. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Pretty much all sets would use potentiometers for the throttle, etc. The question is really what quality potentiometers they're using. Saitek was notorious for using cheap pots and everybody has issues with them after a while - I know I did with my X-52 and X-55 before I got rid of them. VKB on the other hand for their upcoming entry range GA set use much higher quality potentiometers with a minimum of 500,000 cycles and I'd be a lot more comfortable with this. Hopefully Turtle Beach will provide some info.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

Pretty much all sets would use potentiometers for the throttle, etc. The question is really what quality potentiometers they're using. Saitek was notorious for using cheap pots and everybody has issues with them after a while - I know I did with my X-52 and X-55 before I got rid of them. VKB on the other hand for their upcoming entry range GA set use much higher quality potentiometers with a minimum of 500,000 cycles and I'd be a lot more comfortable with this. Hopefully Turtle Beach will provide some info.

My TM throttle has Hall sensors. Question of price. I'd better have something expensive working perfectly over many years than something still expensive but a bit less and deteriorating over time like my CH throttle before.  YMMV.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Another plastic toy, hopefully it is at least in the same class as HoneyComb offers, I am patiently waiting for my Fulcrum yoke to arrive.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Works on windows 10 and 11 or whatever MS are calling the new windows soon to be announced. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg